shape
carat
color
clarity

Semi-Mount Diamond Settings for a 1.16 carat K AVC???

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers,

I just bought an AVC 1.16 carat K-SI2 and I need some semi-mount diamond setting recommendations please! My wife likes contemporary settings, something unique; but please recommend whatever you like. This will be for a RHR. The budget on the setting is under $1k, so we are limited there.

Thanks for you help in advance! :twirl:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joe- How the heck are you? I've wondered where you've gone to ::) I remember you wondered about a J color asscher once upon a time, well I ended up with one, but not with me yet...

Anyways, I have saved this beautiful Sholdt for the longest time in hopes to get an AVC or AVR in it, Sholdt can modify the setting to fit an AVC (I've inquired once before) anyways. If you go through Pearlmans, maybe in Palladium, it might be just around the budget?

This is from their twisp collection
SHoltd%20Twisponly.jpg

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
I'm doing great DT, how about you? I've been lurking on the site on and off, but finely pulled the trigger on an AVC. Can't wait till I get it in a couple days! Hope my wife loves it.

Thanks for your recommendation, I'll pass that along to her :)

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
My wife saw this setting and liked it. It is out of budget in gold with diamonds, but I could have it made in titanium. What are your thoughts PSers?

ContemporaryTension-Ladies-14k-White-Gold-Pave-Tension-Setting-gallery1363.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
I would say beautiful but too heavy for me. I mean too much metal.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
JoeNewbie11|1300139018|2871726 said:
My wife saw this setting and liked it. It is out of budget in gold with diamonds, but I could have it made in titanium. What are your thoughts PSers?

ContemporaryTension-Ladies-14k-White-Gold-Pave-Tension-Setting-gallery1363.jpg

I personally don't care for it...looks like two magnets holding a diamond. Are you looking for something this modern?

singer

Brilliant_Rock
D&T|1300135458|2871674 said:
Joe- How the heck are you? I've wondered where you've gone to ::) I remember you wondered about a J color asscher once upon a time, well I ended up with one, but not with me yet...

Anyways, I have saved this beautiful Sholdt for the longest time in hopes to get an AVC or AVR in it, Sholdt can modify the setting to fit an AVC (I've inquired once before) anyways. If you go through Pearlmans, maybe in Palladium, it might be just around the budget?

This is from their twisp collection
SHoltd%20Twisponly.jpg

Are both pics the same ring? If not, I really like the ring on the right! Simply beautiful!

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
How about this bezel setting from WF? I'll have to call and see if they can do it for a cushion.
WF_bezel_keystone_0.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, I like the bezel setting better BUT- this is about what you wife likes! If she likes the tension setting with the diamonds on the shank- you should inquire about that setting or look for something more similar to that setting than the bezel.

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1300227559|2872624 said:

I think that your wife (from the picture you provided) definitely like the contemporary look/feel. So I think that bezels and tension setting are probably the route to take. If your budget if 1,000 then the rows of diamons/pave may be hard to achieve but the last one I posted has a few diamonds in the setting. :twirl:

JoeNewbie11

Shiny_Rock
Some quick snap shots I took of the AVC, sorry for the poor quality.
Ring_3-15-11%20018.jpg

Ring_3-15-11%20020.jpg

My wife and I decided on a platinum 2.5 mm knife edge solitaire setting from JA to mount the AVC in. I'll post pics when we have the finished product :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results