shape
carat
color
clarity

Sapphire Right Hand Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been sharing some of these pics in the LIW thread, but thought I''d put them all together in one place. I found a link to an ebay auction in the "cheap-o engagement ring" thread in Coloured Stones. The setting, was really interesting, and was sitting at $100.00 when I found it. I figured what the heck, and my b/f and I sat on the auction until I decided to go ahead and bid. I ended up winning, and as I had a hex cut white sapphire I was going to set in the ring originally. Unfortunately, my white sapphire was too big, so I visited my local jeweler JB Jewelers in Plano, TX, and we found a lovely stone that fit perfectly. The best part is, I spent no more than $390 for the whole thing, including the setting, resizing it from a 7 to a 4.75, including the sapphire and replacing a couple of the pave stones in the head.

The specs are a .78 random Pailin(?) sapphire.
.40 baguette sapphires
.30 G VS2 pave

I also love that I seem to be able to take macro shots pretty effectively too.
emsmile.gif

DSCN2847.jpg

DSCN2132.jpg

DSCN2125.jpg

DSCN2133.jpg

DSCN2135.jpg

DSCN2139.jpg

DSCN2140.jpg

DSCN2150.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that was you who won!? congrats!! i too, saw the auction link.......almost too good to be true, i thought! it''s looks beautiful!! what about the band in the last pic? it looks good with the ring, do you have another pic of them together?
again, congrats.....it looks great....
and good job on the macro pics!!

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Now THAT''S and genuinely screaming good deal! It is just sooo pretty. WOW!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daniela - thanks!

Belle - yeah, it was actually my b/f who won the auction.
emsmile.gif
The band is one I currently wear on my left hand. My b/f gave it to me last Christmas. I don''t know actual specs on it - he bought it long before we knew about PS, but the 4 diamonds look like 5 pointers maybe, and the baguettes are 2.5 x 3 mm.

Here are some more pics with the band.

DSCN2145.jpg

DSCN2148.jpg

DSCN2149.jpg

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a deal you got. It''s beautiful! I love, love, love the band that you are wearing it with. I think I need one of those!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
WOW, do those look glorious together!!!! Lauren, is the band kind of a promise ring? Will you combine it w/ your e-ring and w-ring in the future? LOVE those rings!!! Congrats again
30.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Patty! It''s a heck of a steal and I''m thankful to antiquejewels for posting the link. I just had a lucky Ebay day, I guess. I usually always lose auctions I wait until the last 30 seconds to win.
2.gif

blueroses - yup, it''s kind of sort of a promise ring. Whener someone would ask me what it meant, I always told them that it means he loves me. He has a promise ring as well - a titanium band that I gave him for his birthday, inscribed with our song - At Last, My Love.
1.gif

This is the best picture of it that I have.
30.gif

DSCN1483.sized.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fab ring(s)!!!! Fab deal!!!!

cheers--Sharon

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent deal, lovely looking sapphires and a really nice band too. Congratualtions on a lovely set at a great price.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
WOW that''s really beautiful!!!
3.gif
I must say I am never so lucky on Ebay!! What a great deal you got!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, I missed your reply before...I love the ring you got him too!! (And your cute bf looks like someone I went to college with!)

LOVE those RHRs!! yum
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bagpuss, canuk-gal, Ginger, pearcrazy - thank you so much for the comments. I still love it and wear it every day!
1.gif

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
WWow that is a great looking ring. I love your band as well I am currently looking for a sapphire and diamond band and having gret trouble finding one in my local area that I like. Congratulations on a great buy.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
What a find. How nice.
It looks great.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, i just Love it. i have always love sapphires and that ring looks incredible.
congrats on the great ebay find...

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
I love your ring!!! Were there any sizing issues? I have a great sapphire ring of a similar style and I was told it would be difficult to size down because of the stone work in the band. Yours obvious turned out beautifully, so I have hope for mine now.
21.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your lovely comments! This is why I love PS!

Rowan - as far as the stonework goes, we took it down 2 sizes and it seems as if the stones are rock solid. I''ve had it a couple of weeks, and have worn it every day since we finished it. My jeweler is well aware of my previous issues with my sapphire/diamond band, and so he took extra precautions (whatever that means) so I would not have to worry about losing any diamonds. He''s also guaranteed all of the stones in the ring - for life!

I heart my jeweler.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
You done good!
30.gif
Awesome blue on those sapphires and great design. Looks great with the band too!
9.gif
10.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Jennifer!

I''m a goober. It matches my car. . .
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Lauren- Its GORGEOUS. You got it for a steal.. and it looks absolutely fantastic with that band. Its a happy accident that the white sapph didn''t work!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love it and what an awsome deal!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Matatora and MINE!!.
1.gif

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring and I can certainly appreciate the bargain price! It looks gorgeous with your band. So glad to hear of such good luck with an ebay purchase. Congratulations!!

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! With the band, I think it can be an alternative wedding set too!
30.gif

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring. I love the band that goes with it also. Where did you bid on the ering?? You said ebay, do you remember where exactly??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results