shape
carat
color
clarity

Please show me your modified/modern Cushion Brilliant

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Hello All, could you please be so kind as to post pictures of your Cushion Modified Brillaint? I have the opportunity to get a larger stone should I decide to go with a Modified vs. a Antique cut. I am in the process of conducting research, and would appreciate your help. Please posts stats and ring size. Thank you so much in advance!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I think I own what you are looking for. Is this sort of cushion also known as an 8 main pavilion cushion? The way my DH explained it to me (as the jeweler explained to him) is that the crown and table are more like an antique stone with broader, chunkier facets, and that the pavilion is more close to a modern RB with 8 mains. He also said that there are 4 main pavilion cushions? Anyhow, I love my stone and its a very very fiery bugger.

I have another thread from when I got engaged but here are the easy to access photos for the moment.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...share-the-random-jewelry-photo-thread.147449/

The first photo in the thread is mine and then I have another one further down. I think that these images give a good idea of my faceting pattern. Its a 1.06 carat J VS-something, perfectly square with 6 mm sides set in platinum.

While I love my modern cushion there is somethign really neat about a true antique stone. Its a tough choice! My favorite part of a diamond is the fire and you certainly don't have a shortage of that with those antique stones, from my experience.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You're welcome! There are a TON of pictures of cushions of all sorts on the cushion cut thread. I just added a few more of my latest ones on there (though, they are quite similar to one another). Happy diamond shopping!

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TruLuv858 said:
Hello All, could you please be so kind as to post pictures of your Cushion Modified Brillaint? I have the opportunity to get a larger stone should I decide to go with a Modified vs. a Antique cut. I am in the process of conducting research, and would appreciate your help. Please posts stats and ring size. Thank you so much in advance!!

Just to make things clear..., the modified in CMB does not automatically translate to modern cuts..., there are antique Cushions that Labs will identify as a modified.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
<----------------- is a modern cushion brilliant, sourced from Mark at ERD

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The one in my avatar is a modified cushion brilliant...

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Bebe and Yennyfire...Your rings are beautiful! I would never have guess either of those were modified? Cushion cuts are difficult to shop for as they each have there own personality....Thanks for sharing!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Modified Cushion Brilliant does not equal modern cushion necessarily. I have not really seen anyone come on PS asking and wanting a modified cushion brilliant due to their frequent crushed ice appearance.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Maybe mine is modern?? I'd have to look at the GIA report. It doesn't have a crushed ice effect....cushions are definitely hard to shop for since there are so many variations. Basically, it has to appeal to you and only you...that's all that matters. Happy shopping!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Haven has a GORGEOUS shared prong ering with (I believe) a modified cushion brilliant. Maybe she'll chime in!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
This is my modern cushion. It says Cushion Brilliant on the GIA certificate and the plot has 8 thin mains.

post2668167.html
CharmyPoo-MaytalHannah-Rocks-Closeup1.jpg

For comparison, the diamond on the left is a chunky cushion (fat 8 mains) and the one on the right is a modern cushion (thin 8 mains same diamond as pictured above).
AVCand8MainModern-CW.jpg

Note that none of these are modified cushions.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
CharmyPoo said:
This is my modern cushion. It says Cushion Brilliant on the GIA certificate and the plot has 8 thin mains.

post2668167.html
CharmyPoo-MaytalHannah-Rocks-Closeup1.jpg

For comparison, the diamond on the left is a chunky cushion (fat 8 mains) and the one on the right is a modern cushion (thin 8 mains same diamond as pictured above).
AVCand8MainModern-CW.jpg

Note that none of these are modified cushions.

I have an 8-main too and I have always thought that it was called a modified cushion brilliant on the GIA report but after seeing this I know thats now the case. I must have mis-remembered as I would not say that my ring has a crushed ice look (like a radiant). The faceting pattern is much more like yours (as seen in my most recent posted pictures). NOW I think I have it straight. :wacko:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results