shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help! I need to pick a wedding ring (pics of e-ring)

lxb87

Rough_Rock
We're getting married in February, but our jewelry store is doing a 20% off sale only through the end of the year. I'd ordered a plain flat band. I went to pick it up and didn't love it with my ring. It looks... okay. I really don't care for the matching set (the engagement ring with the intended band that matches it exactly). I need ideas of what to do! My FI couldn't come to town before Christmas so he's no help. I am so worked up about this. I know that if I don't get something pricier while the sale is on then I definitely won't get it later. The price isn't the issue, and FI agrees.

I tried on my e-ring with the matching band and I didn't care for it. My center stone seemed to get lost in all that bling. For reference, my center is a 1.2 carat and my ring size is 4.5.

I tried a really wide plain band and I hated it. I knew I wanted a very narrow band, which the one I ordered is 2mm, but it's still too wide compared to how narrow the diamonds in my channel set are.

I was even thinking now that I could do 3 rings... engagement, wedding band, and another one. A friend has these in fashion rings with her diamond mounted on one. For sentimental reasons my FI would be heartbroken to change my engagement band in any way.

Here are pics of my ring:

IMG_0575.jpg
IMG_0589.jpg
IMG_0579_0.jpg

Here is the band I ordered. It's flat and plain and 2mm wide:

unisex-plain-sterling-silver-flat-wedding-band-ring-4mm.jpg

Here is a picture similar to what the set would look like (I don't like how matchy matchy it is)
u%20diamond%20set.jpg

Any ideas of what to do?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Please help! I need to pick a wedding ring (pics of e-ri

Your engagement ring is beautiful! Honestly, I don't think anything is going to look better than the matching band. I like diamond wedding bands best, especially when there are diamonds on the shank of the e-ring, so I just don't think anything else would look good other than the matching band. (2mm is really thin..I assume the one in the picture is not the actual one you received since it is more than 2mm.) If you really want a plain band, then you'll probably have to try on a bunch to find one that will look right with your e-ring. I do think you could wear one diamond band and one thin plain band, though, if you wanted to wear three rings.

shortee78

Shiny_Rock

Your ring is gorgeous! I would recommend a non-matching eternity band, like the ones from ID Jewelry:

http://idjewelryonline.com/index.php?cPath=53_131

I think the contrast of the shapes will be a nice visual difference. Otherwise, I agree with Diamondseeker that the exact matching band is the way to go!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

shortee78|1324781922|3088187 said:
Your ring is gorgeous! I would recommend a non-matching eternity band, like the ones from ID Jewelry:

http://idjewelryonline.com/index.php?cPath=53_131

I think the contrast of the shapes will be a nice visual difference. Otherwise, I agree with Diamondseeker that the exact matching band is the way to go!

Those ID Jewelry rings are great! They can make them also in half eternity or 3/4 eternity if you don't desire an eternity band and want the option of re-sizing in the future.

For a 3-ring look, I'd go for a plain band in between your SMASHING e-ring and one of those ID Jewelry bands, like this 1.5mm band:
http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/product168153.html

If you would prefer a more discreet band in between, like a spacer, there are plenty of 1mm bands on etsy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results