shape
carat
color
clarity

Pictures of goodies I got for wedding

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

I figure this forum is best to post the pictures although most of the items are non-diamonds, but I am pretty sure this is the place where it will be looked at most.

I will start with the diamond bezel pendant and 4 prongs basket earrings from MIL.

goodie_1.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!!!! Is there more
emotion-5.gif
Can you get upclose on the pendant?

P.s When was the wedding?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
close up of the earring and pendant

closeupofearringandpendant.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My wedding was complicated. But I got some of the gifts during the Chinese Tea Ceremony, and some of them at the second receptions.

A diamond bangle also from MIL. My DH told her to get white gold or platinum jewelry for me because traditionally Chinese like to give gold jewelry. I was surprised that she listened.

diamondbangle_1.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to say when the tea ceremony and 2nd receptions were. It was Nov. 5, 05 and Nov. 26, 05.

Here''s all the 24kt gold bangles from Mom, MIL, and couple of aunts. They were super soft and can be bended. That''s kind of scary.

allthegoldbangles.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
close up of a couple gold bangles.

closeupofgoldbangles.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
so beautiful! I wish I could register for jewelry instead of china for our wedding
2.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What beautiful gifts! It''s nice that your MIL listened and got you white gold or platinum.

And what will you do with that many gold bangles? Will you wear them all?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
gold bracelets. As much as I love Hello Kitty, I am thinking the Hello Kitty bracelet is a little too kiddy for me to wear. I don''t know.

goldbracelets.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
With the gold bangles, I don''t know if I should wear them again. No one really wear them around. They are for the wedding day and then I am supposed to keep them for emergency. Like if something big happen and I need money, then I would sell them to pay for what I need. It''s more like a security thing (traditional beliefs). At least that what I was told. But I was thinking maybe I could get away with wearing them since gold bangles are kind of trendy right now. What do you think?

Then I get 3 gold necklaces. This''s first one is actually one that was given to my mom when she got married. Since I am the first of 3 girls to get married, I got it. It''s more sentimental than anything. I won''t be sporting this one around tho.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
oops picture didn''t show up with the last post.

momsweddinggoldnecklace.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
This one is from my Grandma. She wore one very similar to it to the banquet. I don''t think I will wear this around either tho.

goldmedallionnecklace.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Last one is from family''s friends. I think it''s very pretty and feminine.

goldnecklace.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the diamond bracelet
3.gif
, but I have to say... those yellow gold bangles are so beautiful as well!!!!! The engraving....very unique and gorgeous!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 6:11:56 PM
Author: qtiekiki
With the gold bangles, I don''t know if I should wear them again. No one really wear them around. They are for the wedding day and then I am supposed to keep them for emergency. Like if something big happen and I need money, then I would sell them to pay for what I need. It''s more like a security thing (traditional beliefs). At least that what I was told. But I was thinking maybe I could get away with wearing them since gold bangles are kind of trendy right now. What do you think?

Then I get 3 gold necklaces. This''s first one is actually one that was given to my mom when she got married. Since I am the first of 3 girls to get married, I got it. It''s more sentimental than anything. I won''t be sporting this one around tho.
What a nice tradition! I think the bangles are beautiful with the detail work in them. So did you wear them all for the wedding? I hope you never have to sell them in an emergency, but it''s nice to have an emergency fund in gold!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I had read on a wedding forum based out of Taiwan that some brides actually take them and trade them in for other pieces that they could wear. I don''t think I will do that tho because they are gifts and have sentimental values too.

Yes I wear them all on my wedding during the tea ceremony and then I took them off. I worn them again during the two receptions when I was wearing the tradition Chinese outfit. It got heavy after a little while.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 6:56:50 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I had read on a wedding forum based out of Taiwan that some brides actually take them and trade them in for other pieces that they could wear. I don''t think I will do that tho because they are gifts and have sentimental values too.

Yes I wear them all on my wedding during the tea ceremony and then I took them off. I worn them again during the two receptions when I was wearing the tradition Chinese outfit. It got heavy after a little while.

I bet they got heavy after a while!

It might be nice to keep them and then if you have daughters one day, you can give them to them on their wedding days.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
qtiekiki thanks for sharing, everything is SO beautiful! BTW I LOVE your avatar. You guys are too gorgeous!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing your traditions with us. The jewelery is awesome - I wish American brides got such stuff! What a MIL you have!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
My MIL is great. DH told me that initially she got a smaller pendant, but then she thought that was too small and exchanged for a bigger one. I thought that was very sweet of her.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 7:05:20 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Thank you for sharing your traditions with us. The jewelery is awesome - I wish American brides got such stuff! What a MIL you have!

I was thinking the same thing! What a great tradition!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
All this jewelry is really pretty! So bear with my lack of knowledge here! You said you''ll wear all the gold jewelry during your tea ceremonies......is that like during your wedding day? or will you have a few different parts/outfit changes to your wedding ceremony/reception?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow I love looking at 24kt gold. Like you I''m going to get a ton of 24kt gold stuff that I don''t think I''m ever going to wear again but won''t trade in because of the sentimental value.

I really love that flower necklace...how pretty!
30.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
qtiekiki
beautiful collection.
36.gif
36.gif

yup....after the wedding,those bangles just sit there and collect dust.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I love everything. What a wonderful tradition. Love the diamond bangel, the flower necklace and the other 2 bangles are amazing!!! Great pics!!!
30.gif
30.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 3:28:08 PM
Author: devientdrow
All this jewelry is really pretty! So bear with my lack of knowledge here! You said you''ll wear all the gold jewelry during your tea ceremonies......is that like during your wedding day? or will you have a few different parts/outfit changes to your wedding ceremony/reception?
Well our wedding was a little complicated. We had a small destination wedding ceremony in Vegas with close friends since DH''s parents didn''t really care about the American ceremony and my parents couldn''t make it there from the Bay Area. Then we had the Chinese tea ceremony and 1st banquet in L.A. on Nov. 5, so I worn the jewelry during the the tea ceremony as they were being given to me and for some pictures immediately after the tea ceremony (I wear my wedding gown because DH and MIL wanted me to wear the wedding gown instead of the Chinese gown - weird but I did it). Then we had our 2nd reception in the Bay Area on Nov. 26 and I worn the jewelry again (some of the jewelry were given on this day) with my Chinese gown. It''s not really a Chinese tradition that it''s done this way. It just made it easier for our guests.

I had a total of 4 gowns that I changed into during the two banquets - wedding gown, two Chinese gowns, and evening gown.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Some traditions are truly amazing and your jewelery collection is no exception...beautiful. I see a lot of girls wearing 24ct gold here in Saudi, it''s so vivid yellow and beautifully crafted, just like your gorgeous pieces. They really are a work of art. Thank you for sharing the photos with us.

greytmom

Rough_Rock
Thanks for sharing your photos, everything is gorgeous!! It is so interesting to hear of the traditions. I would love to see more photos of your gowns from the wedding!!!

sarita

Brilliant_Rock
I enjoyed looking at your goodies and went back to look at some of your wedding photos... you were a beautiful bride and I love your dress. And how cool that you did your bouquets yourself. You both are a stunning couple, congrats of your wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results