shape
carat
color
clarity

Pave?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

xiaoemily

Rough_Rock
I''m waiting for my ring to come back from being sized. The appraisal is also on the way ...we bought this ring from a local store (the owner happens to be mayor pro-tem of our little town). It was an estate ring.... how would you describe the side stones? Is pave acurate?

The ring is .70 carats .. emerald cut - D in color and VS1 ( I think) in clarity with a platinum setting. The spots you see in the picture are reflections of me taking the picture... promise
emotion-5.gif
I had to double check after seeing the picture!

57826939_cbed2bc181.jpg
57826938_9bb8872c97.jpg

peonygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I believe the stones on the band are prong-set, not pave.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s so lovely and elegant! I love it. I''m no expert but it looks shared prong.

xiaoemily

Rough_Rock
Thanks... so does this mean they are just regular ol'' side stone diamonds? Or is there a name for this particular style?

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/8/2005 12:16:16 AM
Author: xiaoemily

Thanks... so does this mean they are just regular ol'' side stone diamonds? Or is there a name for this particular style?

Hi xiaoemily...the rings are actually a four prong ''design''/''style''. There are many different looks to how ''side'' diamonds'' can look on a ring from Shared Prongs, to Four Prongs, to Pave to channel. It is all a matter of preference and how u would like ur ring to turn out...

There are many different styles on the eye candy link on SMTR, that should give you a clearer example of the different styles out there =) enjoy! (oh and ur ring is beautiful!)

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
your ring is so pretty!
emlove.gif
i hope you get it back soon. congratulations!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
really pretty ring! and I agree, they are prong set.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I''m with the majority here, I think the diamonds are shared prong... and your ring is gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
the band is 4 prong, shared prong is when to two diamonds share prongs, your''s seem to have 4 prongs holding each diamond like Mara''s famous rings...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes mrssalvo is correct is 4 prong set, not shared prong. Your ring is beautiful btw!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set. Thank you for sharing it with us.

shay

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful set you have! Here''s a Pave setting.
Maybe it''ll help illustrate the difference a little more.

6394b.jpg

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope is rocking today with all the beautiful bling! I''m in heaven
12.gif

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! It is stunning!!
30.gif

Make sure you take more pics for us when you get the ring back!!
31.gif

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love your ring...it is gorgeous!
1.gif

I love emerald cut diamonds and this one is a beauty - especially with that setting.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results