shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval reset - suggestions and pics please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I''m considering resetting an oval aqua that I got YEARS ago (I think I was in Jr. High)... It''s just a bit dated - and I would probably wear it if it were reset (I haven''t worn it in over 7 years). Anyway, I''m not sure what I want. I''m engaged and have my #1 dream ring on my hand, but the Lucida/Vatche X prong has been a long time love, as has Neatfreak''s bezel set cushion. Here''s my question... would an oval look okay in a bezel similar to NeatFreak''s? I have another oval aqua in a tension setting - set east/west in kind of a half pipe (I''ll post in a reply). I don''t want them to look TOO alike - Should I reset? Or leave it (I hardly ever wear yellow gold)? And if I reset - what setting?

PS - please excuse the 7+ years of dirt and dust! ew!

IMG_4965...aqua.JPG

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
Hmmm... my pic didn''t post! let me try again...

Aqua alla 1993.JPG

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
There we go! That''s better... now, for my other Aqua... the one I DO wear! (I bought it for myself in college)

Aqua alla 2002.JPG

glitterazzi

Shiny_Rock
I'd love something like this - but I think the stone may be too small and it would just look silly - does the size of this stone make the setting?

possible oval bezel set.JPG

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I love that last setting you posted, but I think the proportions wouldn''t be the same with your stone. Have you considered having your aqua set in that setting and adding two accents on either side to span the width of your finger? Like maybe two rose gold balls, or some other design detail?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results