shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new 9.27ct Sparklie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sylviaA

Rough_Rock
Hi everybody. This is my first post in Pricescope but I've been a long time lurker in this forum. I have to thank everybody for their help and insight into what we all love; diamonds. In me and my mother's search for her 25th anniversary ring we've been reading the forums here, shopping around and looking at all the jewelry out there (that was a lot of fun itself :). We had a basic idea of what we had in mind (we were thinking of going with Leon Mege that's been really talked about in this forum) but we were introduced to an acqueintence of a friend of mine who this designer had created a beautiful ring for in the past. He's located in Los Angeles and because we live not too far away in San Marino, we drove out to visit him. Anyway we told him what we had in mind, we wanted a more classic looking piece maybe a three stone look without any halos that I've seen so much of on this forum. My mother is in her 50s and she likes the more classic looking rings. After a lot of feedback from the designer as well, he showed us some other rings, most had halos around the center and we basically picked out parts of the rings that we liked and others that we didn't. We settled on a 9.27carat I-VS1 square Radiant diamond with side stones and pave around the band of the ring. After a month of waiting my mother's ring was ready and neither of us could have imagined the piece to turn out as beautiful as it did.
I just wanted to share the ring with everybody on this forum that helped me learn more about jewelry.
I don't know if I can share the name of the designer of our ring with people yet, I need to see whether he would be comfortable with that, I don't see why he wouldn't but I just want to check with him first.
Anyway he did provide us with a couple of professional shots of the ring for our insurance appraisal and I'm including them with this post and I'm going to post some hand shots of the ring later on.
Let me know what you guys think.

Update 8-30-06
Ring: Dan Williams design: danwilliamsjewels at hotmail.com
Center: 9.27ct GIA I-VS1 with trapezoid like side stones on a hand forged platinum ring

Sylvia

Moms-Ring.jpg

sylviaA

Rough_Rock
Here is the hand shot. It''s on my fingers, forgive the nails guys, I need a manicure asap.

DSCN3663.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

HOLY. MOLY. More pics please!! Congrats!!!!!! It''s stunner all right!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, that is just stunning. definitely need more pics
30.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That's got to be the biggest diamond I've ever seen.
19.gif
The setting is gorgeous, your mom has to be beyond happy.

sylviaA

Rough_Rock
Thx guys. My mom has been in a really good mood the last couple of days so I think she is really happy, lol.
I'm going to have this designer make an engagement ring for me as well in the next couple of months. I don't really have anywhere near the budget my parents have but most of the pieces I saw had stones between 1.5 and 3 carats.
I'll post some more hand shots tomorrow if I get around to it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, that sure is a stunner. What fun you and your mom must have had during the search for her 25th anniversary ring. More pics please!!!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sylvia:

Oh my lord!!!
30.gif
That is one awesome ring
36.gif

That radiant is the most BEAUTIFUL I''ve ever seen!!!!! Some specs puhleeze?

More pictures... Yes, more pictures, outside, in sunshine, top view, more side views, flower pictures anything.

I''ve got to say it again, that is the most beautiful radiant I''ve ever seen!

Is it an Original Radiant Cut Diamond or generic?

Can you give us some info on how your mother chose her stone? Did you look at many? Was the radiant shape her first choice? Or did she start out looking at others and then changed to a radiant?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, that ring is making me absolutely giddy!!!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow!!! It''s gorgeous!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG what a beautiful. It is huge. Looks lovely on your hand, you must post more picture''s on your mother''s hand too. We need flower shots, outdoor shots, etc.

Between your mother''s ring and diamondfan''s huge ring, I would need to wear sunglasses out side from all of that sparkle.
9.gif
Truly beautiful.

Linda

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! It''s beautiful. I have NEVER seen anything so large! Very nicely done and artistic setting.

shinythings

Shiny_Rock
Oh my goodness! It''s really spectacular. I love the sidestones. I don''t think I''d call it a sparklie-it''s more the size of a sun or star!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That thing is AMAZING! I *bet* your mom''s been in a good mood lately!!!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
IT''S HUGE!!!
30.gif

It''s beautiful! Please congratulate your Mother on her 25th Anniversary.

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
WoW, my eyes hurt just from looking. I have to say that''s a perfect blend of class and size

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Okay, everybody here repeat after me....MORE PICS PLEASE!!!!!!

Your mom''s new sparkly is just gorgeous.

shay

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Very, VERY pretty ring. I love the sidestones too. They really accent the diamond well.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Magnificant. May you have something just as wonderful on your 25th, and congrats on your engagement as well.

lilmissjaja

Rough_Rock
Such a beautiful ring !! It is so HUGE
30.gif
30.gif
!! and gorgeous !!

I bet this is going to be a treasured family heirlom oneday !!

Congratulations to your mom on her 25th anniversary...

Do post more pic soon
26.gif

sylviaA

Rough_Rock
Thx everybody for the kind words.
SuzyQz I don't really have the specs of the stone, my father placed the certificate in his safe deposit box but from what I remember the cert said that it was a Cut cornered Square Brilliant. I'm not sure what an original radiant cut or generic means. The stone is an I-VS1 as I mentioned earlier and it came with a GIA cert. I personally love the mounting as much as the stone I thought it came out very nice.
My mother was originally looking for a square stone like an Ascher or possibly even a square cushion cut to be honest because they're antique looking cuts but the jeweler took out this 9ct and we both fell in love with it right then and there. It's antiquey and modern at the same time. I guess radiants, being a briliant cut just have a little more life in them than the Aschers.

I'll try to post some more pics tomorrow.

Date: 8/29/2006 8:46:08 PM
Author: SuzyQZ
Sylvia:

That radiant is the most BEAUTIFUL I've ever seen!!!!! Some specs puhleeze?

More pictures... Yes, more pictures, outside, in sunshine, top view, more side views, flower pictures anything.

I've got to say it again, that is the most beautiful radiant I've ever seen!

Is it an Original Radiant Cut Diamond or generic?

Can you give us some info on how your mother chose her stone? Did you look at many? Was the radiant shape her first choice? Or did she start out looking at others and then changed to a radiant?

Sorry to be asking so many questions, that ring is making me absolutely giddy!!!

Ice Snoop

Rough_Rock
Wow. That is really an amazing diamond. 9.27 carat radiant! I will probably dream about that ring tonight. Congrats to your mum on 25 years! Please please post more pics, esp a bird eye view of the radiant up really really really close so I can see all the facets!!! Do you think my 0.94 carat radiant will look like that when it grows up?
1.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!!!!!!!! That''s an amazing stone! You almost don''t need those trap diamonds on the side. They probably hang on the side of her finger! Lovely and congrats to your mom!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is an INSANE ring!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
There are no words, except PLEASE MORE PICS!!!!

I hope your dad works out, because she will need some protection with all the attention that lighthouse beacon is going to generate!!!
9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

Lucky lady, and congratulations to her on 25 years of marriage! And lucky you, to be able to try that big boy on whenever you want!

Sapphire Bling

Rough_Rock
What an impressive ring! Do you mind sharing the name of the designer/jeweler? I''m in L.A. and would love to know!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results