shape
carat
color
clarity

OK Girls is this what you are talking about ????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OK Professional group, before I go out and do something silly again. I found this band at home. I have had it for years but seldom wore it. Look at the way it looks and tell me what you think. My jeweler has offered to thin down my platinum bands but I really think they will still take away from the ER.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Give me good feed back. If this is works I will go and get a second one for the other side. I really want rounds if possible. The bagguette blend to much with the platinum. Rounds give some life.

MVCf014S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Kittycat is my inspiration

MVC-f015S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

MVf017S.JPG

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, no ENGRAVING

MVf-016S.JPG

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
I think that looks the best out of everything you have shown so far. I like it
2.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Less is more with such an elaborate engagement ring. I was wearing a band like that with mine until I switched to a tiny, tiny 2mm .55 point eternity band. I love it and it doesn't detract from my engagement ring.

Honestly, I would not get two bands with that ring. It's just too much.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I have really thought about all of the comments and also how I want to feel when I look down and see this beautiful ER. I can''t remember if this is .50 or .25 and your right it is a little wider 3 mm.....

Kittycat, Tacori, Mara are you out there??? What do you think?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
I didn''t post to your other thread at the risk of reiterating what everyone else was saying but I have to say that I really like your band with your e-ring the best! This band does not take away from your e-ring at all, but I think if you added another one (if you''re still thinking about that) it might be overkill but thats JMHO
1.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Thank you :) I too think I may have to just get use to wearing two rings. I have worn three since we were married in 23 years ago. It feels and looks strange but I am feeling it
face20.gif
I just wanted to make sure before I did anything CRAZY to get opinions and ASK. If this ends up being the best look then I think I will get an eternity like Kittycat and that way it always looks the same "NO Twisting" Thank you all for tolerating me and my madness. Kittycat you had 3 rings before, how does it feel with two.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that band with your ring much better - and I also like the look of just one band - not two. What are you going to do with your other bands that you wore with your marquise?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo thanks Missgotrocks :) I am liking it too and if I only stick with one it will allow me to save some money for another project. I have sent my Marquise for an evaluation of a possible recut or clarity enhancement on the one end. I was wondering if I could somehow use the two bands and make a cool right hand ring with maybe a colored stone? Thoughts. I think I am going to place the marquise in a pendant (even if I leave it as is). The jeweler said if the marquise drove me crazy on my left hand it would bug me on my right (flaws) unless the flaws are removed. They are brining in 4 different pendants forme to look at. WOOOOOOO

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Me too. I like this latest band with your ring the best. I say NO to two bands with your ring. Good choice!

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Ummm... I am curious.... I know that I may get slammed here for saying so... but what about 2 plain bands... without any diamonds.. just something to make the ring pop even more?

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
My brutally honest opinion is that nothing I have seen so far looks as good to me as your ering all by its lonesome - it''s such a dramatic piece by itself that nothing else so far seems to match up with it.

Paradise

Rough_Rock
Hi Woo. I honestly think I like your e-ring to fly solo as well. But what about the possibility of an alternating round and baguette band similar to Rascal49''s?

baguetteround.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 10:01:54 AM
Author: woobug02
Tacori, no ENGRAVING

Haha, thanks Woo! By FAR my favorite so far. I would still love to see a 2mm paired with your e-ring but I think this is a contender!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
this is better, but i agree that your e-ring stands alone best...it''s just such a big strong piece.

but if you have to go with something else, this band seems to work fine..it just doesn''t MATCH MATCH but then again i don''t know what really would. i''m just a matching whore so stuff like that bugs me but i know that not everyone is like that.

i wouldn''t muddy the water with 2 plain bands, honestly i think the last thing you need is more plain metal on your finger.

just my thoughts!! again, these are your rings, so you do what you feel is best!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOO I am making progess :) I love the rounds with it I don''t know why but they seem to add a little life. I had more people look at my other bands as say WOW, I thought that was all metal, i didn''t see the diamons ;( Bummer.. I do love baguette and am sad they didn''t show up. My jeweler has offered to thin out my bands or completely recast them into something else. I think he has know all along they just weren''t working for me ;( He said he could do one high polished band with my bagguetts and rounds but I am affraid to do anything right now.... I think I will wear this for awhile and see what happens. Mara your matchy set is FABULOUS!!! The minute I saw this er I went nuts and had to have it. I know it is the right one so I just have to be patient till the right band WOW''s me. Tacori, you have a really unique er too, what have you decided on? Will you do 1 or 2 bands. You like sym. like me

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
P.S. I would try and wear it alone but HUBBY Says "NO WAY" he likes the wedding band too. When I first got it and had no bands yet everyone ask me if I was engaged. He didn''t like that.
7.gif

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Valeria posted these really thin bands....

Micro" Platinum Diamond Band

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=274&cat_id=11

Very fine platinum diamond micro-channel set band. This band is set with approximately 65 full cut diamonds with incredible attention to detail including a high polished finish which creates a very elegant look. Total weight of diamonds is approximately 0.25ct and total width of the band is approximately 1.2mm. Can be ordered in any size. Over size 7 3/4 will be charged a surcharge. Returns of bands in sizes smaller than size 5 or larger than size 7 will be subject to a 10% re-stocking fee.

Price: $600.00
Item: 4325

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/item.cfm?int_item_id=148&cat_id=11

Platinum Bezel-Set Diamond Eternity Band

Platinum diamond band designed as a circle of round brilliant cut diamonds each bezel set on a quality platinum mounting. Total diamond weight is approximately 0.60ct and they are H color VS clarity. Can be ordered in any size. Surcharge for sizes above 7 1/2. Returns of bands in sizes smaller than size 5 or larger than size 7 will be subject to a 10% re-stocking fee.

Price: $650.00
Item: 3279

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 12:39:40 PM
Author: MINE!!
what about 2 plain bands... without any diamonds.. just something to make the ring pop even more?

That''s what I''ve been saying from the very beginning. If she INSISTS on three rings, plain it is. Though I still really prefer the ring all by it''s lonesome. It''s so "big" looking, wide, strong, bold ... anything else with it either looks dwarfed, or makes the whole "look" go clunky. Now that the round stone doesn''t pop over the sides of the e-ring, "boxing" it in further with flanking rings also seems, at least in photos, to make the center stone blend in.

It''s like, if you had a sparkly top and you but a diamond broach on it ... the two compete and you don''t notice either. But if you put a diamond broach on a black dress, it sparkles!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 1:23:57 PM
Author: woobug02
Tacori, you have a really unique er too, what have you decided on? Will you do 1 or 2 bands. You like sym. like me

Woo I love the three ring look BUT my e-ring is already 6 mm wide. Even if I get a wedding band that is 2 mm, I just don''t think I can pull off 10 mm. I am pretty petite and very young looking. I still need to bend my finger
3.gif
I got a quote for a bead set, milgrained edge, RB eternity band 2.5 mm wide from my local B&M. I *think* that is what I am going to go with. The RB melees just sparkle so much more than the PR melees IMHO.
When I said a 2 mm band for you I meant a channel set diamond band that is 2 mm. It would be interesting to see how that looks. I would be curious to see the one ana posted. It looks VERY thin....

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2006 1:52:59 PM
Author: decodelighted

what about 2 plain bands... without any diamonds.. just something to make the ring pop even more?

That''s what I''ve been saying from the very beginning. If she INSISTS on three rings, plain it is. Though I still really prefer the ring all by it''s lonesome. It''s so ''big'' looking, wide, strong, bold ... anything else with it either looks dwarfed, or makes the whole ''look'' go clunky. Now that the round stone doesn''t pop over the sides of the e-ring, ''boxing'' it in further with flanking rings also seems, at least in photos, to make the center stone blend in.

I agree 100%. Woo, did the ring come with a matching wedding band or was it designed as a stand alone ring? It''s such a commanding piece all by itself. I understand about your hubby wanting you to wear a wedding ring but agree that it should be as simple and almost not noticable at all.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Ummm... I am curious.... I know that I may get slammed here for saying so... but what about 2 plain bands... without any diamonds.. just something to make the ring pop even more?
sounds good to me too, MINE. I would either wear that ring alone, or go really plain w/ the bands.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Tacori,

Did you see these

Band_Micro_Plain.jpg

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
woo

Band_3279.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woo, I like the first one (plain channel set) the second one is beautiful but might compete with your E-ring too much. If they have a good return policy order one or two!
2.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry Woo, but I have to admit that I''m just not liking that band with your ring. I don''t know if it''s too big or just doesn''t match well or what, but I don''t think it works well with your ER. I think I''m also falling in the wear it without camp or if you have to have a band make it a 2mm one camp.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results