shape
carat
color
clarity

OECP! My Holy Grail!

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
First and foremost, I'm engaged! Story's on LIW for all that are interested.

The search for the stone honestly felt like the search for the holy grail. People had heard of it, but they didn't have it. Why? My ideal stone happens to be an antique-cut pear, on the chubbier side of a 1.5 ratio, with florescence! The 5-day antique jewelry show came to town and I devoted much of my life to it -- so much so that people thought we were in the trade! We saw some amazing things happen between jewelers, from near-fights to legitimate barter. It was very entertaining. On the second to last day of the show, we found a man with many of what I only wanted one of! He showed us a few and we said we'd think about it. The stones he showed had almost all of the characteristics, but it was either too tinted, or too bow-tied. The one that was GIA graded had too much of a bowtie and too long for my taste.

We went back on the last day and he showed us the stone we had been waiting for. An ungraded, shallow cut pear with ZERO bowtie, medium culet and some florescence. He priced it as a 1.5ct H SI1, but it's almost just as white as a D cz! So we got the stone! No clue where he got the SI1 from, I've louped it and have yet to find an inclusion visible at 30x. Maybe they're white?

A few months later we made a trip to NYC to see the jeweler that I absolutely adore. He is the sweetest older gentleman and an artist. He made the setting and I feel so blessed for it! All hand engraved, it's truly a piece of art. Even the prongs are engraved!

It sparkles like mad! I was afraid with all of the pear-converted-to-round ladies lately that I would be disenchanted, but this stone is really one of a kind. I'll TRY to take some fire shots, but this stone really glistens!

Enough talk, more pictures! I finally got my real camera out and took some photos-- I thought y'all were exaggerating with how difficult it is to nicely photograph diamonds! Well regardless, I tried!

img_6717.jpg

img_6698.jpg

img_6633.jpg

img_6671.jpg

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE your pear!
Congrats on finding your Holy Grail, pears are under appreciated IMHO.

The setting is lovely and the engraving is amazing :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It's gorgeous and what a great story to tell of how you came to find it! I love the flour. photo and that cutlet is TDF ! Congrats on your engagement and your lovely new ring!

Groucho

Rough_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous --- the engraving is exquisite. Wear it in good health and congratulations on your engagement.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats beautiful, love the stone & love the setting!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh what an amazing story!!!! Congrats on your engagment!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :love: Thank you for sharing your story and many congratulations on your engagement! Wear your beautiful ring in health and happiness! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wakingdreams53|1372633812|3474980 said:
First and foremost, I'm engaged! Story's on LIW for all that are interested.

The search for the stone honestly felt like the search for the holy grail. People had heard of it, but they didn't have it. Why? My ideal stone happens to be an antique-cut pear, on the chubbier side of a 1.5 ratio, with florescence!

Wow!! Ya don't see many of these -- CONGRATULATIONS!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That was like finding a needle in a haystack for sure!!! Gorgeous diamond and ring!!! :appl:

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! A few more photos :))

img_6697.jpg

img_6694.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my goodness, what an amazing ring! I love the pear, and the culet! Wow. And the engraving -- exquisite. Congrats on this unique and beautiful ring! And congrats on your engagement :appl:

ETA: More pics and more handshots, please! :rodent:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement!! Love those old cuts! :lickout: :love: The engraving on the band is amazing. What detail...

Turks

Rough_Rock
Wow, that is just a phenomenal ring - Congrats!! Can you share the name of the jeweler you use in NY? The engraving is divine...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring!! :love: The engraving is beautifully done, the overall setting is just lovely, and of course that antique pear is divine! Congrats on your engagement. :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
^^^^

What she said!! :D

Its a fantastic stone that you were VERY fortunate to find!! + the workmanship of the bench who created this for you, is incredible! You have created a unique and very special ring that will hold wonderful memories through out your lives together - congratulations and enjoy that beauty!! STUNNING!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely beautiful! :love:
Congratulations on the engagement & congratulations on finding your dream stone! :appl:
I also wear a pear & I LOVE it. It too has amazing sparkle & fire :love:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous; and the engraving is devine!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely stunning! Congratulations!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Yayyyy congrats!!!! SO happy for you to finally get engaged, and with such a unique and gorgeous antique pear no less!!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE pears and i LOVE engraving! Congrats! It's beautiful. What wedding band to you plan to wear with it?

wakingdreams53

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!! I went to Monster Mini Golf with FI and lil sister this weekend and the entire place was lit with blacklights!!! I had to take a few pix of the fluor, FI didn't appreciate my using his shirt. Crappy cell phone photos, but still cool.

imag0847.jpg

imag0842.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love pears and I would have one if I could afford the size I want!

alisonia333

Shiny_Rock
It's a beautiful ring, and congratulations on your engagement!!! The hand engraving is just gorgeous, who is the jeweler?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results