shape
carat
color
clarity

New w/ pics of my current ring and new setting link!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marquessa

Rough_Rock
I have been lurking on pricescope for some time now (some time = months)! I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing pics of all your rings, upgrades, cads, waxes, etc!! I finally decided to post a pic of my current ring (1.02 carat, F color, SI2 eyeclean marquise diamond in a tulip setting w/ wrap and band). I am soooo excited to tell you that we're resetting the diamond in this James Allen.

marquessa.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new setting is lovely and will give your stone a nice update! Are you going with a matching wedding band?
What color metal? Please return with some pics!!!
36.gif

marquessa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the response! Yes, I''ll go with the matching band. I am going to go with wg just to save a little on the setting. Eventually, we plan to do a final reset, the "dream ring." At that point, I''ll put a birthstone in this JA setting as one of the pieces to pass down to my girls. Until then ...
36.gif

marquessa

Rough_Rock
And that current yg, kind of generic setting does NOTHING for my marquise. There, I said it first
41.gif
And sadly, this pic makes the center stone look cloudy, which it isn't!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see your reset! I''ve recently purchased a .52 D SI3 marquise, and I have a new appreciation for them. Yours is really lovely!

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely stone and your new setting choice will compliment it perfectly! Congrats
36.gif

marquessa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your excitement for me, Lauren and akmiss! It definitely breeds more excitement
36.gif
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/26/2009 12:15:49 PM
Author: marquessa
And that current yg, kind of generic setting does NOTHING for my marquise. There, I said it first
41.gif
And sadly, this pic makes the center stone look cloudy, which it isn't!!
3.gif
(the stone doesnt look cloudy to me)

I have to show you a pic of my favorite marquise setting. I see it more as a RHR and not as an engagement ring (for me).
Well, thats if I ever get a marquise!

MAchickfront2.jpg

MAchickside1.jpg

marquessa

Rough_Rock
ty, YES! I, too, have admired that ring. The tension-like basket-like setting sets off that diamond beautifully! I would wear it as a RHR as well. I have to say, I've really contemplated EW settings but somehow think I would miss the NS look of the marquise. Here's a pic of one I found on the diamond source of VA website that *I* have really considered in the past (despite my feelings on the EW vs. NS setting!)

ew basket.JPG

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
marquessa,

I love that new HOME for your marquise! It is really going to show it off. Thanks for sharing, and I can''t wait to see it!
emotion-5.gif

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
marquessa, i''m loving that new setting! i think it''ll house your marquise beautifully and i can''t wait to see the pics!

i LOVE those E/W settings! they''re simply GORGEOUS.
30.gif

marquessa

Rough_Rock
Beechezz and vip, I think I teased ya with those pics. It''s not a pic of the setting I''m going with ... just one I''ve considered ;-) Nevertheless, you''re both right, it''s AMAZING!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, that will be lovely.

DiamondRascal

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 3:22:19 PM
Author: tyty333

Date: 7/26/2009 12:15:49 PM
Author: marquessa
41.gif
And sadly, this pic makes the center stone look cloudy, which it isn''t!!
3.gif
(the stone doesnt look cloudy to me)

I have to show you a pic of my favorite marquise setting. I see it more as a RHR and not as an engagement ring (for me).
Well, thats if I ever get a marquise!

MAchickfront2.jpg

MAchickside1.jpg

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I LOOOOOVVEEE this setting!!! Thank you for posting it!! Soooo beautful!!!!
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I think that the new JA setting you''ve ordered will really make your center stone the STAR!!

And I do like the RHR ideas you posted.

marquessa

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the feedback, Stone! I''m really looking forward to letting my stone shine!

Btw, here''s an update, I switched my choice from the french cut JA to the common prong. The common prong sets the diamond higher (which I have always liked) and gives the wedding band the chance to sit flush. Can''t wait to get this going!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty ring!!! I can''t wait to see the reset pictures!!!!

papillon626

Rough_Rock
tyty333,

Who is that east west setting by? It is GORGEOUS!!!!

marquessa

Rough_Rock
That''s MAchick''s ring, and she said it''s a custom ring by Greenlake Jewelry Works.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
can''t wait for the reset. It''ll be beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results