shape
carat
color
clarity

My WF CADs-Opinions/Thoughts/Feedback?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EClaire116

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

I''ve long been an admirer of all of your beautiful rings, and I''m so excited that I now have something I can post on this forum. More importantly, after 7 years of dating my highschool sweetheart, we''re finally going to be engaged!

I''ve gone through so many different phases...For most of my life, I thought I wanted a three stone princess cut ring, then I was obsessed with the Legacy, and then I fell in love with a Tacori ring. Finally, after doing my homework (on PS of course
2.gif
), I decided that my best option would be to have a ring custom made to my liking. I can''t thank you all enough for recommending WF. Without PS, it probably would have never occured to me to have a ring custom made, and even though WF is only a few miles from where I work in Houston, it probably would not have even been on my radar.

Below are the CADs for the ring that WF will be making for me. My inspiration was the Daniel K Empress, which while beautiful, was WAY out of our budget. My setting will have milgrained edges, but of course the CADs will not show this. My bf mentioned that the bezel is a bit thick looking, but I think that that''s just the CAD and that once they have added the milgrain, it will be more subtle. Am I right?

Please let me know what you think! Your expert opinions mean a lot!
1.gif

elisewongcads.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is gorgeous!! Your highschool sweetheart will love it, ahhh, sweet!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Cads always looks "clunkier". I think it is absolutely beautiful and I can''t wait to see real photos!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think it is absolutely beautiful! She''s going to love it! I really love the bezeled halos, and WF does amazing work!

My one and only concern would be if she pairs it with a band that also has stones on all 3 sides - you might have rubbing issues.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous!!! My only change would be to have the pave on the band end just a touch below half way down. I know that in the 22 years of my marriage, my ring size has changed several times, and I''ve had to resize my ring. It would be much easier to resize this over the years if the pave wasn''t quite so far around. Just my opinion..... it''s worth what you paid for it! Congratulations and good luck!

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful. I think the thickness will be just right when you see it in person. The CADs often tend to look a bit wonky.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
that''s really pretty! What kind of wedding band are you going to pair it with?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I absolutely love it and so will she. Please post handshots when you receive it. We can''t wait to see it on her hand.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, CADs are always so much chunkier than the real thing.

ozsparkle

Shiny_Rock
Lovely choice!!
36.gif
I agree that the pictures usually make the ring seem chunky- so baring in mind that your picture doesnt appear chunky at all, then it will be just perfect when you see it in person!!! The millgrain will add a beautiful element to your ring too!!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
i think it looks perfectly proportioned, not too chunky at all! the CADs will make it look bulkier, but once there''s milgrain it will be stunning!
30.gif

what size is the center stone going to be?

mrsv

Brilliant_Rock
I think your cads look very nice as for the 3 sided pave rubbing against the 3 sided pave bad perhaps you could ask WF to add two slightly larger diamonds (or another stone that has special meaning to you and your sweetie) to one side of each ring. THe two extra stones would be bezel set and be raised from the remainder of the shank. If you did this on both the engagement ring and the wedding band and wearing them extra stones in together it could provide a small gap and prevent the two bands from rubbing up against each other and still allow you to have the look of the 3 sided pave....just ask WF because I am guessing here.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks lovely, and yes, generally, things look chunkier in CADs. Also keep in mind that even when they send you the pic of the finished ring, those are very blown-up images, so often things look much more delicate and subtle in real life.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:46:24 PM
Author: Upgradable
It is gorgeous!!! My only change would be to have the pave on the band end just a touch below half way down. I know that in the 22 years of my marriage, my ring size has changed several times, and I''ve had to resize my ring. It would be much easier to resize this over the years if the pave wasn''t quite so far around. Just my opinion..... it''s worth what you paid for it! Congratulations and good luck!
+1

Also I would recommend a euro shank. Help fight off the dreaded ring spin.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 10:03:36 AM
Author: mrsv
I think your cads look very nice as for the 3 sided pave rubbing against the 3 sided pave bad perhaps you could ask WF to add two slightly larger diamonds (or another stone that has special meaning to you and your sweetie) to one side of each ring. THe two extra stones would be bezel set and be raised from the remainder of the shank. If you did this on both the engagement ring and the wedding band and wearing them extra stones in together it could provide a small gap and prevent the two bands from rubbing up against each other and still allow you to have the look of the 3 sided pave....just ask WF because I am guessing here.
You could also ask that they make the bottom of the ring just a wee bit wider then the top so that there will be a teeny gap between the rings. Hmmm. I just know that a few people have been having problems with the 3 sided pave rings rubbing together.

ETA: Are they pave or channel set? Hard to tell from the CADs.

ETAA: That design really is GORGEOUS.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful!! She will love it....and the cads never show the true beauty of the ring so it will be even more gorgeous in person!!!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! What a beautiful job! This ring is going to be kickin on your finger! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2008 1:50:01 PM
Author: Steel

Date: 12/11/2008 10:46:24 PM
Author: Upgradable
+1

Also I would recommend a euro shank. Help fight off the dreaded ring spin.
This made me laugh Steel. I''ve been re-centering my stone all day because my hands are cold, LOL.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, it is going to be gorgeous! I wouldn''t change a thing, the design is perfect!!! I looove the profile you picked out!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s a beautiful ring!! I love a bezel set stone with pave!! The bezel thickness is perfect. Can''t wait to see the hand shots.

EClaire116

Rough_Rock
Sorry that it took me so long to get back to you all! Work has been a little nuts lately. I realize now that in my original post I didn''t make it really clear that I''m the one who will be receiving the ring. Is it weird that I designed my own ring w/pretty much no input from the bf (except for giving me a budget)? He says that he really wants me to have something that I''ll love b/c he says that I have to wear it, not him. I tried to get him involved in the process, but when I tried to share the vast knowledge I gained from PS, he zoned out after three words. He saw the CADs though and he likes them!
9.gif

Cushioncutnut, beechezz, kcoursille, louisvgirl, AmberGretchen, San Diegeo lady, Skippy123, Tuckins1, joflier, emilina22, neatfreak - Thank you so much for your kind words. You have no idea how much they mean to me! I just hope that the final product is worthy of being posted in the same forum as all the other gorgeous rings!

EricaR, coatimundi, Linda W, swingirl - You are too kind! I will defintely make sure to post pictures as soon as I get the ring on my finger! The bf says that I can''t see the finished product until he proposes
8.gif

geckodani - You bring up a great point about the three sided pave...I need to take a better look at my options b/c I definitely don''t want to have rubbing issues! P.S. The diamonds are going to be pave set
1.gif

popcorn - You know, I haven''t even really thought about a wedding band! It''s taken me so long to just decide on the e-ring
1.gif
Any suggestions?

Upgradable - thanks for the advice! I didn''t even think about that. I will definitely let Joe know so that we can make that change.

steel - Yeah, i''ve definitely considered the euro shank. Do you notice that it makes a big difference?

Ozsparkle - thanks so much! I can''t wait to see the milgrain!

Ashleigh - I''m sure your halo will be gorgeous!

Chickpea - Thanks so much! We have a 1.375 ct. ACA for the center stone.

Mrsv - Wow, thanks for that advice! I would have never thought of that! I''ll have to bring up that idea with Joe.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous
36.gif

anyname

Shiny_Rock
hmmm....i don''t know. I would think a simple miligrained band would look nice and not detract from your beautiful
ring but i also wonder how a pave ring would look...

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I love the overall design but would question the diamonds on the sides of the ring. This could be a problem if you want to wear another ring next to it. I love the diamonds around the side of the halo though!!!!!

My own personal opinion would be to rather go for larger diamonds on the top of the shank of the ring and none on the sides as this (to me) gives a more blingy look. It is beautiful as it is too of course.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results