shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tiffany novo + Tiffany etoile - do they work together?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stroods

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone!

Well this is my first post, I''d been lurking and ogling
23.gif
other people''s bling for a while now, amazed at some collections out there!

So here''s my set! Apologies for the less than ideal photography, but I''ve not yet figured out a way to properly photograph diamonds. Any help on that would be appreciated.

I''ve stacked my promise ring (Tiffany etoile), which I got a year ago so it''s a bit scratched up, and my ering (Tiffany novo
30.gif
, which needs to be resized!!) as I might wear them as a wedding set. Any thoughts on what might work better as a wedding band? I''m thinking a classic eternity band or a double row eternity band....

Oh also, here''s a challenge for your connoisseurs - can you guess how big it is???

31.gif

stroods.jpg

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock
Hi Stroods!
Welcome to PS
35.gif
!!
Well, other than it being personal opinion, I think that you may have many options for your w-band! I was in that same situation, as I have a Novo as well and was looking for the perfect band.
I ended up going with a brand new launch of a Tiffany Celebration band, micropave, .22 ctw of diamonds the whole way around.
30.gif

I originally loved the matching Novo band, but I feel like it really depends on what overall look you are going for. For me, it was my center stone that detered my decision. I decided that I wanted a band on either side, and if I did that with two Novo bands, my center stone seemed to totally disappear (my center stone is .61ct). If I had a 1ct, it would have been able to stand up to it!
Are you asking what size the band is, or the size of the diamond?!?? I can''t guess either!
So the one I chose and love
18.gif
, is the most delicate micropave band, with one promised to me on an upcoming anniversary to create my set! The band is offered in white gold, yellow gold and rose gold, but I just got the white gold. The band measures at about 2/3 my Novo band, so 1.5 mm at the most.
As for your Etoile, it would make a lovely right hand ring! I think I would stick with the delicateness of the pave band for your wedding band IMHO.
If you want to see pics of mine, just let me know! I didn''t want to threadjack
38.gif

Can''t wait to see what you decide!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Hi there! I think that the two rings look nice together, but I would second the idea of a delicate pave wedding band -it will make the ering stone really pop, I think!

Plus, that way you have options! Never a bad thing.

Congrats on your engagement and your beautiful ring.

Jen

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Thanks for sharing. I''d go to a store and try lots of different bands on. What you think will look nice may not on your hand. But it is really fun trying on different types. I''d think a single row eternity would be a good match.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I love your ering, but I personally think it might look better with a band that matches width wise. It would probably take away from your center stone less, but that is only my opinion and it is really a matter of personal taste.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty rings! I agree that it is a matter of personal preference...I would prefer a delicate pave band with your gorgeous e-ring...the Etoile band looks gorgeous on its own!

As for the size of your diamond (?)...hmmm, what size is your finger?

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Each is pretty, but not so much together. The etoile is bolder and more modern, and the novo more delicate and vintage looking. I would try to get something that harmonized more and competed less.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A question: how wide is the Tiffany etoile, vs. the Novo? I did something vaguely similar with my wedding set (https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/married-lady-hands.72958/), but with a 3 mm. band complementing my baguette setting (2 mm. at the shoulder). The etoile looks like 5 mm. or so to me (do I get the extra credit, or is this observing the spirit but not the letter of the question?
3.gif
), which seems to overshadow your gorgeous e-ring just a bit. I''d say the style could work beautifully, but maybe in a slightly slimmer band? Alternately, the classic eternity band idea sounds gorgeous - Cosmogrrl''s set looks *amazing.*

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 12:29:07 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
Each is pretty, but not so much together. The etoile is bolder and more modern, and the novo more delicate and vintage looking. I would try to get something that harmonized more and competed less.

totally agree with MA.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2008 3:24:35 PM
Author: mrssalvo

totally agree with MA.
I agree as well. I tried on the Novo with the Novo band, and I really can''t imagine anything that would go with it better than the band designed to go with it. Another option would be to have the Novo band on one side and a plain 2mm platinum band on the other. But I loved the Novo band with it.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 3:50:02 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

totally agree with MA.

I agree as well. I tried on the Novo with the Novo band, and I really can''t imagine anything that would go with it better than the band designed to go with it. Another option would be to have the Novo band on one side and a plain 2mm platinum band on the other. But I loved the Novo band with it.
Ditto. I agree as well. I''d try to find another band and you can wear your etoile on your right hand. Both are beautiful! I''d love to see more pictures!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2008 5:12:29 PM
Author: snlee
Date: 1/6/2008 3:50:02 PM

Author: diamondseeker2006

totally agree with MA.

Ditto. I agree as well. I''d try to find another band and you can wear your etoile on your right hand. Both are beautiful! I''d love to see more pictures!

I agree with all the above too.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
While both rings are very pretty, I''m not sure they go together that well. I think the thicker band takes away from your gorgeous and delicate e-ring. I would personally wear them on opposite hands and I think that would be lovely. You could also get a pave band if you wanted a better "match" for wearing together.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Try on the Tiffany Legacy band with your ering. Thinking it will go nicely with it. Perhaps you could wear the etoile band as a RHR??

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry this is a bit unrelated.....
Cosmogrrl- can you post pics of your pave bands? I am looking to buy something delicate and sparkly and would love to see yours.
Thanks.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
Can you post more photos of your Novo ring? It looks so beautiful in the picture and I''d love to see a few close up shots.

Cosmogrrl

Rough_Rock

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I really love both rings, but I prefer them work on different hands - one is modern, on antiquey, so I like to show off the two looks separately.

designchica

Shiny_Rock
I think that the band is a more contemporary looking and bulkier than the vintage look of the diamond ring. The balance is off. I would look for a more delicate band. Perhaps you can wear the band you already have on your right hand?

Btw, your e-ring is beautiful!

Roxxie

Rough_Rock
I tend to prefer bands that are either thinner than the e-ring or else the same width as the e-ring -- definitely not any wider. So, while I love the Tiffany etoile, I would not wear it as a wedding band, except on its own. I think it would make a great right hand ring.

mirre

Shiny_Rock
What about a very thin band with sapphires or one with sapphires and diamonds. I think that would make the ering really stand out. Some may not like colored stones in a wedding band but with your''s I think it would look very lovely.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2008 5:30:06 PM
Author: designchica
I think that the band is a more contemporary looking and bulkier than the vintage look of the diamond ring. The balance is off. I would look for a more delicate band. Perhaps you can wear the band you already have on your right hand?

Btw, your e-ring is beautiful!
I couldn''t have said it any better...my thoughts exactly!

stroods

Rough_Rock
Hi again! sorry i''ve been really bad about responding to all your great comments. I''m having a manic week back at work and coming crashing down from my cloud 9 haha! I''ll definitely work on getting some more pics, I find it really hard to get close up shots though, either they go completely white from the flash, or they''re fuzzy because I''ve moved lol. Any suggestions?
I''ll post more this weekend when I have more time. Have a great day everyone!!

stroods

Rough_Rock
ok lol i said I''d reply on the weekend but had to just post a reply to this one. That''s a good idea, I do want something that makes it pop. To be honest the reason I''ve been wearing it with the etoile is that I''ve stacked the etoile on the end so the ering doesn''t fall off! It''s a size 6 and my ring size is 5.25 but we haven''t had it sized yet. I agree with all of you in that the style is very different so it doesn''t work well at all. I don''t necessarily agree that the band should be thinner. What I''ve been mulling over is yellow gold pave bands on either side. Not conventional I know, but I stacked those in the store and it looked surprisingly cool! Plus then it won''t irk me when I want to wear gold OR silver jewelery haha. I''m definitely going to demote the etoile to RHR when I have the ering sized. My fiance was joking in the store "we can throw the etoile one in the trash now" - you should have seen the face of the sales rep in Tiffany''s!

pinkprincessnovo

Rough_Rock
how that looks gourgeous i have a question what size is your ring?
cause im trying to find a good size stone for mine

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results