shape
carat
color
clarity

My Tiffany Legacy inspired custom e-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I have been lurking on this website for months now as I went through the process of deciding what kind of engagement ring I would like to have. Yes, I insisted on taking an active role in making this decision because it is something that I plan to have for my whole life and I think my fiance really needed my assistance! I really couldn''t have done it without the advice and ideas of all you Pricescopers. I have learned so much and am thrilled with the results. I really fell in love with cushions and loved all the pave halos I saw on here. Thanks especially to Lovey and Reena whose rings I absolutely adore! I ultimately decided to steal my style from the fabulous Tiffany Legacy.

So without further ado, here is my amazing new ring custom made by Nally Jewelers on 47th Street in NYC. I don''t have all the specs in front of me but the center stone is a 1.3 carat cushion brilliant, I, SI1, medium blue fluorescence (which I LOVE!). My finger size is 4.25 so it looks pretty huge!

psr1.JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Another view. Excuse my picture taking skills. It''s all new to me...

psr3.JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I know, it''s excessive but I took millions of photos. I needed a manicure too but I was excited!

psr4.JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, last one. Thanks for indulging me and thank you all for your help and inspiration!

psr6.JPG

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
That last one looks a little yellow but I have to tell you, this ring faces up so white. I just have to learn to take better pictures! Also, for those of you who are curious about fluorescence, I really love it! I can''t really notice it until I go in bright sunlight and it has a slight lavender aura. I think it''s pretty neat!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG your ring look HUGE on your finger. what an awesome custom job
36.gif
36.gif

are you having them make you a matching wedding band or wearing it solo?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
It does look huge. It''s lovely.
Nothing like a good custom job.
Enjoy and thanks for posting.

How long did it take to make?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Not sure what to do about the wedding band. I''ve been thinking about it for days now. I don''t see how I can put anything else on this finger so maybe I''ll get something for the right hand or move this one over to the right hand (even though I''ll have to get it resized as my right hand is significantly larger!). I''ve been drooling over a Michael Beaudry band with asschers and pink diamonds but I think that may just be a dream for now! I would love advice on what to do about a wedding band...

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Sevens! It actually only took about 3 weeks to make it. But it''s 3 weeks on top of about 4 months of searching!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
curlygirl,
Wow that is an awesome ring, great custom job if ever I saw one, congrats!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! It looks huge too....much better than the weight you said it was. Great pick!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
Gorgeous!!! It looks fantastic!! Many congrats!!

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous. It looks so big on your tiny finger. Congratulations, you and your jeweller did a fine job.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Your jeweler did a great jot, and it looks much bigger than a 1.3. Of course, your petite 4.25 finger doesn''t hurt!
30.gif

DiamondLil

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous! Congrats on a great custom ring. Looks huge and so sparkly!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
30.gif
And not to mention HUGE!
18.gif
And I''m so glad to hear that the custom job turned out so well (there are been a lot of problems lately
29.gif
).

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for the positive comments. In all honesty, the pictures don''t do the ring any justice!! It''s really sparkly but I can''t get the pictures to show that. I was very lucky to have a great jeweler to work with. He and his colleague listened to everything I said and told me if I didn''t like the ring after it was completed, they would keep it--but they were confident I would love and they were right! After going to so many B&M stores and getting the runaround, it was great to have people listen to me and tell me they could do exactly what I wanted. My father always says that they''re all crooks, you just have to find the one that''s the least crooked!

I am still shocked that the center stone looks so big--shrinkage hasn''t begun yet for me! I had forgotten which stone I had picked out and by the time my fiance surprised me with the ring, I was blown away! The pave definitely makes it look bigger and having small fingers is an added bonus for my fiance! He said my hands will make anything look big
2.gif

Thank you again to everyone in this forum. I''ve admired all your rings and soaked up as much of your knowledge as possible and it was a huge help to me! Now on to the wedding band...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Curly, I love the ring!!! First of all, NO WAY is that 1.3 carats. It looks enormous. I wish I had small fingers!!!

I adore the profile shot. It really looks exactly like the Legacy! How big are the stones encircling the center stone?

I''m glad to hear a story of a custom ring that took the 3 weeks it was supposed to, and looks the way it was supposed to. YAY!!!!
36.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo beautiful!!!! I love the profile shot...the entire ring is amazing! Congratulations on a spectacular design!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh Curly, I never saw your ring before!!! It is gooorgeous!!!
30.gif
(I just saw you reference it in the Ritani thread and realized I didn''t know you had a halo and decided to look your ring up
31.gif
) I adore it though!!! Go cushions!
3.gif

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I love cushions! It''s beautiful CG!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results