shape
carat
color
clarity

My Quest Jeweler''s Jubilee e-ring reset (Part I)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Ok finally got the pictures today...YAY!! I''d really like to thank kaleigh (without her I would have most likely gone insane
2.gif
), lmurden (for being so supportive!), Ana (for all her great advice!) and diamondlil (thanks for the support
1.gif
)

There are four pictures. However the reason the thread is called Part I is beacuse I don''t like the thick bezel metal around the diamond on the second picture. Pete at Quest said he''d try to spilt the metal by adding miligraining on the outside of the bezel and highly polish the inside closest to my diamond. If not, I guess they''ll have to recast the halo which makes me feel really bad. I guess this is the chance you take with completely custom projects!

Jubileehalor1.JPG

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
This is the picture with the thick bezel I was referring to earlier.

Jubileehalor2.JPG

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Side view...other than the bezel part I love everything about the ring.
30.gif

Jubileehalor4.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a stunning ring!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 1:01:09 PM
Author: Princess V
Side view...other than the bezel part I love everything about the ring.
30.gif

That has got to be my favorite too. It is beautiful! I am glad things are coming along. I do think I would perfer the bezel to be thinner. Would it look better if he added milgrain to the bezel as well? Maybe it would blend in more.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks amazing. Remember the pics can be a little decieving. But if you need it thinned out they can do that no problem. Hang in there, won''t be long now!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous too. I agree, things that stand out in the pics may be hardly noticible in person but I know they will do what ever you want them too so it''s perfect to your eyes. The size of the melee looks PEFECT..

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sevens one, appletini, Tacori E-ring and kaleigh!!

Tacori: Sorry I should have explained a little better
1.gif
yes they are going to add miligraining to the outside of the bezel so it''ll split the metal width in half and the inside will be highly polished to blend in a little better with the diamond.

Kaleigh: I completely agree about pictures being deceiving. I did ask Pete to compare the bezel to the Gottlieb & Sons halo he has in stock (since that one has a rather thick bezel as well). He did agree that the bezel was substantial. (He''s probably none too happy with me right now
5.gif
) But, he is going to fix it so he told me to expect more pictures in 1 1/2 days.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here are comparison shots for you

kasscher02.JPG
Jubileehalor2.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nan found my pics from Quest and will post them for comparison sake. I don''t remember if my bezel looked thick or not. Anyway hopefully they will help. Mine is very thin but you can see it on Saturday.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think you should SEE it before adding miligrain.
That sounds like it would change things too much. See it first before deciding.

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks sevens one for posting comparision pictures!

Kaleigh your bezel looks completely different from mine. Not half as thick either.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, mine is more defined and your's is more rounded. I would have them change it to look more like mine but don't add milgraining to it. What did Pete say??

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Well I just got off the phone with Pete. He says that he can''t just thin out the bezel else that''ll leave a hole in between my diamond and the ring which is NOT the look I''m going for at all.

He says he has a good feeling about adding miligraining to the outer half of the bezel and polishing the inside and to let him have a shot at it. Pictures will come tommorow.

He said worst case scenario they''ll remake and recast the halo. (that would make me feel really bad)

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing!!! I can''t wait til you see it in person!!! Amazing!
36.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fantastic!!! Remember, those pics are super-magnified. Even in the pics, I don''t see much, if at all, difference between yours and Kaleigh''s, other than Kaleigh''s being more angular (because of the shape of the stone). But, my eyes are over 40, so I can''t say for sure.
20.gif
I can''t wait to see it!!!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous!!! Love the surprise diamond.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Princess,
I think it looks great. I would not have them remake it over something you have not seen in person yet.
Gail

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowee it looks gorgeous - with or without the milgrain, that ring is STUNNING!!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think it is neat, but I agree the bezel looks heavy to me. I hope the milgraining will make it better. Good Luck!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
Try to minimize the picture to actual size and then see how it looks.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks wonderful just the way it is! I also worry that milligrain on the bezel or on half of the bezel might look odd. But the important thing is that YOU like the ring. Good luck!

slammie

Shiny_Rock
YEAH!!! pics!! yippeeee!!! Princess, it looks stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
but I do like Kaleigh''s bezel a bit better but I bet if I saw it in the flesh I wouldn''t be able to tell.
Question for you..I think I asked Kaleigh too because it looked like it did on hers from her pictures. It looks like the top portion of your halo slants up and if so, did you ask Quest to do this? I hope I''m making sense..I''m trying to decide if I want my ring to have that slanted or not. Here''s a pic to show what I mean..this leon ring does not have the incline.

r595-04W.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 3:40:45 PM
Author: slammie
YEAH!!! pics!! yippeeee!!! Princess, it looks stunning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
but I do like Kaleigh''s bezel a bit better but I bet if I saw it in the flesh I wouldn''t be able to tell.
Question for you..I think I asked Kaleigh too because it looked like it did on hers from her pictures. It looks like the top portion of your halo slants up and if so, did you ask Quest to do this? I hope I''m making sense..I''m trying to decide if I want my ring to have that slanted or not. Here''s a pic to show what I mean..this leon ring does not have the incline.
I see what you mean. Their halo kind of "falls away" from the stone where this Leon one looks like a ring around the stone.

I like how theirs slants away. I wonder if it''s because they have squared stones and the one you posted is round?

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s going to be quite the ring!! I can''t wait to see handshots!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is mommy2nk''s ring
hers does not have an angle

hns2.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
First of all, your ring looks gorgeous!
30.gif

About the bezel, I see what you mean about it being a bit thick, though I don''t think I would''ve noticed had you not mentioned it. Kaleigh''s bezel is pretty thick as well, but hers is more angular & defined, while yours looks more rounded to me. I can''t really picture what it would look like with milgraining (any photoshop experts want to chime in?) but it might be worth looking at the ring in person before having it remade, if it comes to that.

Seriously, though, it''s a spectacular ring!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results