shape
carat
color
clarity

My oval center, 3 stone anniversary ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BonnieCWJ

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to share a pic of my new anniversary ring. I''m so glad I found this site! I''ve really been enjoying lurking for a while, and drooling over everyone''s different ideas of the perfect diamond. The creativity and variety out there is amazing.

The center stone here is a 2 carat oval, SI2 with a color grade of I. The cut is excellent, and it has amazing fire and sparkle. I can''t see any imperfections with the naked eye, and am hard pressed to find them under the loupe. It also faces up very white. The two side stones are round brilliants, one is .48 points and the other .50, so the total carat weight is just shy of 3 carats.

The .48 stone is my old engagement ring diamond, and we wanted to work it into the new ring rather than trade it in, so that''s really meaningful to DH and me.

I''m a fair skinned redhead and white metals tend to wash out on me, so I love the warmth of yellow gold against my skin, and all of my jewelry is 14 or 18 carat.

I really like square shaped stones, and had not really considered an oval, but after one look at the graceful lines of the oval, I was in love. Plus, it lent itself so well to the three stone look. I''m just wearing this ring now as my wedding ring, without an additional wedding band. Any band I have tried on with it seems to detract from the ring instead of enhance it. What do you think?

The ring size is 6 1/2. I''m really happy with being able to get a little more carat weight for our budget by getting a SI2 I.

Right now I''m in the stage of cleaning it every day, and looking at it constantly. That''s the great thing about this site, I feel like you guys can understand what a case of diamond obsession is all about!
love.gif

Here''s hoping the picture will post well. I have no idea how large or small it might turn out, and hopefully it won''t be out of focus too bad. Thanks, everybody!

IM000093.JPG

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bonnie,

Your ring is just beautiful! I love the idea that you have incorporated your stone from your old engagement ring into your new ring, I love the sentimentality of that.

I recently got my engagement ring (we've been married about 5.5 years) and I had the same problem with finding a wedding band. I chose a very simple 2mm platinum band. Everything else seemed to detract from the ring. You don't really notice the 2mm band, unless I am not wearing my engagement ring.

Enjoy your ring, I wish you well,

Bridget

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Bonnie! Very beautiful ring! I have a three-stone (round center with trillion sides) and I don't wear a band with it, just doesn't look right to me.
I also went with SI2, H/I color to get more "band for my buck" (3.29 center) and am glad I did, as well.
Enjoy your gorgeous new ring.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well you have me hooked--as oval's are my absolute fav! Lovely ring.
love.gif

Many of my friends have ER's they wear without WB's and it is a nice clean, elegant look. Myself, I have several bands for different looks: a plain 2mm round platinum band, a plain 3mm square 14K y/g band, a plain 2mm 24K round band and a larger w/g eternity ring. Depending on my mood, anything goes with my solitare!

cheers

Sharon

Patty

Ideal_Rock
That's beautiful Bonnie! I like the oval combined with the rounds. I wear either a plain 2mm band with my 3 stone or a band of little 3 point diamonds with it.

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
That is just stunning! I also love the notion of incorporating your first diamond into the new ring. I think it looks great on its own, I wouldn't wear a band with it. Your pic is nice too- very crisp.

Rowan

Shiny_Rock
That's a very lovely ring! The center stone looks HUGE!
love.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your anniversary & an incredible ring!
love.gif
And I agree--incorporating your original stone is just perfect!
12.gif

Beautiful! The three-stone with ovals is so elegant...

websailor

Brilliant_Rock
It looks gorgeous on your finger. I too really think you did great by incorporating your original diamond with the new ring - such sentiment means a lot. Your photography is fine too!

My DW also likes the look of gold on her somewhat dark (in the summertime) skin and loves the way it sets off the colors.

I think you did great picking an oval and choosing that design!

Carmel

Shiny_Rock
Lovely, lovely ring. And, I love the yellow gold - to boot! I'm also a redhead, and no matter how you slice it, the yellow gold just looks the best on us, doesn't it?!? I think it really helps the stones ~*POP*~ too!!

BonnieCWJ

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the nice comments! I think for now I'll just continue wearing this ring alone, but I'll hold the option open to add an additional wedding band if the right one pops up.

Here's another try at posting one more picture - this time in the ring box.

Bonnie

Ring in box enhanced.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I know I already posted, but...
This is SO gorgeous!
Enjoy, enjoy
1.gif

leogirl

Rough_Rock
I love it!!!

I too love ovals and hoping for one as my e-ring (yes, many hints already dropped)...I've been thinking of side stones too - hearts/pairs, but yours with the rounds look awesome! Something for me to reconsider....hmmm

Please let us know if you find that perfect band, as it will likely be a dilemma for me too.

Once again - gorgeous ring!

sparker

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 8/5/2004 11:34:59 AM BonnieCWJ wrote:

Thanks for all the nice comments! I think for now I'll just continue wearing this ring alone, but I'll hold the option open to add an additional wedding band if the right one pops up.

Here's another try at posting one more picture - this time in the ring box.

Bonnie

----------------

I just love your ring. I'm a yellow gold gal as I got my original band in the 70's and everything was yellow in those days and am going to get a nice 1ct. Your setting is exactly what I want as I'll be wearing my original band. The yellow with the platinum mount is fabulous
4.gif

Suz

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Your ring is pretty. The combo of the oval center and round side diamonds work together nicely. I'm not sure if I've ever seen such these two shapes made into a three stone, but really like yours a lot! Hmmmmm. . .lol. . .something to think about for a future right hand ring.
2.gif
hehehe - like in 20 years from now.

Michelle

Skyblue

Rough_Rock
Verrry beautiful ring. The oval and RB really look nice together and it was such a great idea to use your prev. ER! Enjoy!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results