shape
carat
color
clarity

My New WF Custom E-ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey everyone! I''ve been married now for four months (to the day), but my engagement ring had bothered me, I bought the setting on a whim from Robbins Bros., and it really looked kind of shoddy. Sure, it was sparkly and all, but it just made my .70 rectangular radiant look overwhelmed. A few months after the wedding, my fantastic hubby gave me the go ahead to look for a new setting. I looked all over the place to find an inspiration, and found it in the Danhov ME33, which is seen here.

I decided that I was tired of the diamond covered shank, as it was a little overwhelming with my prong-set wedding band, which completely overshadowed the radiant to me. So, I sent the picture of the Danhov to Whiteflash, and told them I was interesting in something that flowed like that, but with diamonds on the basket, and split-claw prongs. I also wanted it to sit high enough to allow my wedding band to fit, and voila!

Here is the old setting.

aworiginalWF.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
The WF CADs. (sorry, these will all be separate posts)

AWCAD1WF12323.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
This is the picture from WF of the completed ring, my stone looks a lot brighter usually!

AWringWF1New.JPG

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Box shot (crappy version)

AWringbox.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Please excuse the fingerprints and the spot of blood under my nail, I had just gotten a nasty manila file papercut underneath my nail.

awringholding.jpg

BlueJeans

Shiny_Rock
I love love love it! This one at a time picture thing is killing me. What a huge difference! I thought your first one was beautiful- wow your new setting is perfect!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Outside at work.

awringbp1.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the one post at a time! Thank you Blue Jeans!

awringbp2.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
On the Dodger Stadium snowglobe that came with our season tickets.

awringdodger.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Another

awringdoger2.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Various hand shots to follow

awringfinger1.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Mo''

awringfinger2.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Sorry!

awringfinger3.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Yeesh

awringfinger4.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

awringfinger5.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
31.gif

awringfinger6.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

awringfinger8.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Amber!! It''s beautiful!
Hope your papercut heals!
face23.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Crappy side view

awringfingerside.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
18.gif

awringthankyou2.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
10.gif
Bright white light

awringwhite.jpg

zaq12

Rough_Rock
i adore your new setting! if you don''t mind my asking, what''s the width of your new band? the proportions are perfect! I''d also love to hear about the process with whiteflash, timing etc.

THANKS for sharing your ring pix!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Last one, THANKS!

ETA: I want to thank everyone at WF, especially Vera, James and Lindsey!

awthankyou.jpg

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Okay, now I can really respond:

BlueJeans, I totally loved my first e-ring setting, but gradually spent more time on PS and realized it was a huge rip-off (I paid so much for it), and wanted a change. I had also bought my diamond from WF so I figured I should just stay with them for it all!

Angel, thanks so much! The papercut STUNG, but it''s getting better!

Zaq12: The new width is 2.5mm! Honestly, I could not be happier with WF. Let''s see, it took about 21 days from initial contact requesting a quote. It would have taken less time, but I had to send my first e-ring in so WF could make the best CAD for my stone''s dimensions. They promptly responded to every email, they were so helpful and friendly. I saw a problem with the first CAD they sent me, as it was missing the melee on the basket, and they quickly worked on another one! Couldn''t love them more.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
OH wow that looks amazing! Very flowing and really showcases your gorgeous diamond. Love the split-claw prongs too. Congratulations!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Angeline! I really wanted it to be more flowy, you nailed my "term" perfectly!

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
the new setting is lovely - classic and elegant. very nice with the eternity band, too!

did wf do your original setting too? or just set the stone...?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hi Chickpea! My first setting was bought at Robbins Bros., but the diamond was WF, and since the diamond cost more to replace, I figured I''d rather have the masters setting the stone in case of incident!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I''ve said it before, but I''ll say it again! GOOOOORGEOUS!!!!!!! I just loooooove the side diamonds and the flowiness and the profile view and...everything else!!! It''s just perfect!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Albi!! Long time no see...
28.gif
I love it, too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results