shape
carat
color
clarity

My new Tiffany Etoile solitare and Signed Pieces eternity band!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Here''s my story.
1.gif
Before my husband and I got engaged, I changed my mind a lot about what e-ring I wanted. My husband didn''t really know what to get for me. (This was 7 years ago, way before I found Pricescope. I didn''t realize that I could have been more involved in actually picking the stone and the setting.) When my husband presented me with an e-ring with a 39 pt stone, it wasn''t the ring of my dreams. I was happy to be engaged so I tried to not let it bother me that I didn''t really like the ring. Also I didn''t want to hurt his feelings. But I still yearned for the wedding set of my dreams and I was a little embarrassed that my stone was so small compared to all my friends’ rings.
36.gif
I''m glad that Pricescope celebrates diamonds of all sizes.

I''ve always loved the look of the Tiffany Etoile solitaire and I planned on putting together a ring that looked as close as possible to it. Then one day Signed Pieces posted an Etoile solitaire within my price range. When I received the ring I couldn''t believe how incredibly beautiful it was. I fell in love instantly. To me a Tiffany ring still holds some mystique even though I''ve read all the posts here on Pricescope poo-pooing Tiffany''s. I know Tiffany''s diamonds are not the best I could buy, but the diamond in my ring is one of the most beautiful stones I''ve seen. I get compliments all the time on how sparkly it is even though it''s only 1/2 a carat. To me Tiffany''s semi bezel setting, the Etoile, is in every detail exactly what I wanted in a setting. I took my ring to the Tiffany''s in Seattle and they were terrific! I got excellent service even though I didn''t buy the ring from them. Within two weeks the ring was authenticated, resized and a new Tiffany valuation was produced. If I were to buy my exact ring directly from Tiffany''s I would pay almost twice what I paid Signed Pieces for it.

My husband loves the ring too and doesn''t mind that I''ve upgraded. He''s happy that I''m happy. My diamond is still the smallest diamond I see compared to my friends and on other ladies, but since I love the stone and setting so much, I''m not so embarrassed anymore. Unfortunately my original wedding band didn''t look very good with my new e-ring, so I bought the shared prong eternity band from Signed pieces.
Signed Pieces helped all my dreams come true.
36.gif
36.gif

Here''s my pics, hope you like them.

The upper left picture the 41pt princess cut stone in the e-ring is my first upgrade and the anniversary band is my original wedding ring.

Thanks to imageshack for hosting my pics.

julwynring27ml.jpg
Ring size is 5 3/4.

E Ring specs:
Shape: Round Ideal Cut
Carat: 50pts
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 60.6
Table: 56
Girdle: Thin to medium faceted
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: Very small
Fluorescence: none
Measurements: 5.16 - 5.19 x 3.14mm
Setting: platinum

Eternity band specs
Shape: Round brilliant - ideal to premium cut
Carat: 1.08
Color: F-G
Clarity: VVS-VS
# of stones: 28
Setting: platinum

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just beautiful! I love the versatility in the looks you can do! One of the pics - the one with your etoile band and stacked with a yg band on each side - it looks exactly like my best friend''s wedding set!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it!!!! The band from SP looks great with it. ENJOY!!!
30.gif
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning combination! Congrats!

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I love it! I love it!
It looks beautiful and elegant and classy - alone and with the eternity band.

Dag I want one of those, too and I don''t want a replica, i want a real one, too.
you lucky duck!

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely story...and a beautiful .50 carat stone is nothing to sneeze at..you should post your ring on the Under 1 carat thread, its nothing short of inspiring.

Your rings are GORGEOUS!

jeannine

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
35.gif
Thank you canuk-gal, Rascal49, FireGoddess, kaleigh, diamond_quester, Matatora, dbgaap, divergrrl for all your kind comments!!

I feel proud to be part of an online community that appreciates beautiful diamonds of all sizes. Your compliments really mean a lot to me. There''s no way I would have been able to upgrade my wedding set without Pricescope. Pricescope rocked my world!
26.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The new rings look perfect on your hand - size & all !
36.gif
Congratulations for the lucky find
1.gif

What will be the fate of the old rings? One princess cut and a count of small rounds... sounds like a good recipe for a pendant to me
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a fabulous ring. It''s just gorgeous and looks great on you.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring - I have the Tiffany etoile wedding band - it just has the most exquisite feel to it - I know all the arguments regarding Tiff''s as well (and agree with alot of it) but I never regretted one cent of the money that I paid for the band. It is just first water quality.

So glad that you got the ring you had always wanted - that diamond looks pretty good too! I like the pairing with the SP band - very elegant look.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
congratulations! a beautiful story and you deserve to look down and feel joy and elation! I know the feeling of not loving the ring itself, but loving the symbolism and are just so happy to get engaged...all good things in their time!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Gorgous! Can you tell me the width/total carat weight of your SP wedding band?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
You can tell it''s an ideal cut from the pics. It looks so white and bright! Congrats!

CoutureFemme

Shiny_Rock
What a great story! I love the finished look, it''s great!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is so elegant! I love the look with the plain bands flanking it as well as the SP e-band. Amazing!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany Etoile ring is simply exquisite and yours looks incredible with the SP eternity band! No reason that you should feel that your rings are anything less than spectacular!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif

What a beautiful etoile!
30.gif
The replicas never come close to the beauty and grace of the original.
30.gif
And I think the .5 carat is the perfect size for an etoile.
30.gif
Any bigger and it starts to get a bit bulky.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! You just can''t go wrong with a Tiffany Etoile and anything from SP! Enjoy!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful set of rings.
30.gif
10.gif
36.gif

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love your ring!!! The etoile setting is so modern and sleek!!!
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I love it
I''ve always liked that etoile style ering.

widget

Ideal_Rock
JJ....I think your ring is just fabulous!! It sets off the stone so well!!
36.gif

I too love it''s versatility...and the eternity band (yummy) looks just great witih it too.
30.gif

Congratulations!
widget

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Thank you valeria101, mrssalvo, MissGotRocks, diamondfan, jazmine, lizz, CoutureFemme, Tacori E-ring, Sundial, IndieJones, KristyDarling, Dancing Fire, bling*diva*, sevens one, Jelly, and widget for writing such nice compliments!!! You all have made my day!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

A couple of you had questions, so hear are my answers.

Valeria 101 – At this point I’m going to keep my original wedding band as is. I’m hoping to trade in my princess cut stone for an oval one and mount the oval stone in an east west fashion on the same setting.

Jazmine – the eternity band is 1.08 tcw and the width is 2.3mm

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this thread when it was posted (Thanks Sevens-One for posting the SMTR thread!) and it''s just gorgeous! As much flack as it gets here, Tiffany''s is top notch and I have never had anything but delightful experiences with them. I am so glad that your experience was similar! The ring looks stunning and it''s just the perfect size! The whole wedding set looks amazing. Congratulations!

I wish you well,

Bridget

jewelryjunkie

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your compliments, Bridget S.!
21.gif
21.gif
I'm glad you like Tiffany & Co too. I'm glad that Signed Pieces is willing to take the time and sell gently used Tiffany's pieces so I could afford to buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results