shape
carat
color
clarity

My New Signed Pieces Eternity Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! My husband got me a SP eternity band as an early anniversary gift. I''ve wanted one for a loooong time and finally, I told him that this is what I want. It came a couple days ago and when I first saw the ring, I was surprised at how dainty and thin it is. It seems almost fragile. The workmanship is pretty darn good and passes my psycho-anal test. I am not completely sure yet if I will keep it, but the more I see it and wear it, it is growing on me and I adore it. The diamonds are beautiful and sparkly and in some of them I can see perfect arrows. It certainly blows away the diamonds in my wedding band, and make them look dull and lifeless.
15.gif
I wanted to wear it on our upcoming vacation trips, stacked with my wedding band or my other stack rings, or alone but it seems a little too thin to wear on it''s own. I am concerned about durability issues, although I am very careful and am so not hard on my jewelry. This is an anniversary gift so I want it to last. But anyway, I thought I''ll share some pics with you ladies, I took quite a few!
2.gif

SPring-1.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
See how thin it is? I love the dainty look but the profile has very little metal, so it seems to not be very durable.

SPring-2.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Very little metal in the ring. But it sure is very comfortable to wear since it has such a low profile.

SPring-6.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
It''s 0.69 ctw, 2mm wide, 1.7mm thick. Size 4.

SPring-3.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I really like it! It is thin but it looks very nice on your finger. however, if you have any doubts, you could always order a different size and compare. You want it to be perfect since you will keep it forever! Is the shared prong style comfortable?

I''m hoping for an eternity band in the future too - and I definitely want it to be from SP. Their workmanship and customer service are so highly regarded. I would love to see some more pics if you can - next to your e-ring and profile shot if it''s not too much trouble. What is the tcw and width?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
you were posting while I was posting! Keep those pics a-coming!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gail, yes it''s very comfy to wear. I checked the SP website, and similar carat weight rings are thicker and I don''t know if it''d be as comfy. They''re like 2mm thick. I might just do that. My husband got me a heart pendant from SP and we had some minor problems and Pawel took care of it. Their customer service is excellent.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my wedding band. See how different in quality of the diamonds are?

SPring-4.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
I love it with my ering. They don't match but I still like the look. The diamonds in the ering range from .5-1.5 pointers, vs. the 2 pointers in the band.

SPring-7.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
OOOH. its so pretty.. You really don''t know if you''ll keep it? Once i got mine I didnt'' even want to take it off my FINGER let alone send it back! I don''t think its really as delicate as you make it out to be..I dunno.. mine is thinner than my e-ring band so i never hit it on stuff.. I do know what you mean about it being thin to wear on its own.. Mine is a tad thicker than yours..and while pretty by itself it is very thin. .but I never intended to wear mine by itself though. I''m not one to not wear my e-ring..

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa, how thick is your ring? Mine is only 1.7mm, which I really like. But I checked the gram weight on mines, and it''s 1.2gr. The other rings on the web site, with similar carat weight range from 2-3grams.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Leila!!! It really compliments your center stone. I think you should put your center stone on a new setting to match
31.gif

Honeyfly

Rough_Rock
It''s gorgeous! I love it and hope to have something similar as my wedding band in the near future! The diamonds look like they are very "blingy"
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is lovely. Yes, it is thinner, and shared prong is less secure than a channel setting, but I do not think it will be an issue unless you are totally tough on rings. I would not wear it to do heavy housestuff nor would I wear it to the gym to do hand weights, but normal wear should be okay. I agree you should re set your stunning stone in a band to match the new ring! (I am a trouble maker!!!) How large is your center stone? It looks really lovely with the new band. I also love stacking rings and wearing them like that. I think that band looks nice worn that way. What is the company policy regarding repairs in case you do bang it?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leila, I like it, but you might be able to go up a size in the diamonds. I''d consider ordering another one and then compare them. It''s beautiful, though!

By the way, I like you e-ring setting. Who is is by?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 7:54:09 AM
Author: diamondfan
It is lovely. Yes, it is thinner, and shared prong is less secure than a channel setting, but I do not think it will be an issue unless you are totally tough on rings. I would not wear it to do heavy housestuff nor would I wear it to the gym to do hand weights, but normal wear should be okay. I agree you should re set your stunning stone in a band to match the new ring! (I am a trouble maker!!!) How large is your center stone? It looks really lovely with the new band. I also love stacking rings and wearing them like that. I think that band looks nice worn that way. What is the company policy regarding repairs in case you do bang it?

Do other people agree with this? I had a channel set band once and I had a lot of trouble with stones coming loose, but I''m not sure they were set properly to begin with.

Leila, I love your current set! That center stone, wow!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 9:08:01 AM
Author: gailrmv

Date: 8/6/2006 7:54:09 AM
Author: diamondfan

Do other people agree with this? I had a channel set band once and I had a lot of trouble with stones coming loose, but I''m not sure they were set properly to begin with.

Leila, I love your current set! That center stone, wow!

I meant since it has metal on both sides it tends to protect stones against certain types of wear, since prongs can loosen and the stone is not being held in with as much metal...I never had one but I rememember being told that it would keep the stones safer if I banged my hands a lot. As for the way the setting is done inside, how the stones are secured (on your ring or in general) I am not a jeweler so I do not know. Interesting to know that, I am not a channel fan, have always liked prongs, so it is good to know the flip side!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is a really pretty eternity ring and the diamonds look amazing. Personally I prefer the look of a shared prong setting over channel set.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Man, am I having a bad case of insomnia tonight!
14.gif
It''s 430 am and I''m still wide awake! Thank God for Pricescope! Thanks Gail, MelissaSue, Sunkist, Honeyfly, Diamondfan and Diamondseeker! I''ve been playing with my new band with all my other rings and I am IN LOVE with it. It''s strange how I just felt sort of lukewarm about it at first and now I don''t think I can send it back. My husband really likes how dainty it is and he even said he doesn''t mind if I wear it in place of my wedding band since the diamonds in it looks so much better.
6.gif
I''m shocked considering he is soooo sentimental.

Sunkist, you and Diamondfan are BAD to suggest I should get a new setting for my ering to match my new band. I need some restraint here--give me some support!
2.gif
I have been considering changing my setting for some time now but I am sooo indecisive. I know for sure though, that I will not get a shared prong setting to match this eternity ring. I don''t want the issue of the diamonds rubbing and I really love that plain, sleek solitaire look with the eternity band a whole lot more. I want to add that I have a shared prong band for about 4 years now, my hubby''s wedding gift to me, and I never had problems with it. I wear it to work with my bead set wedding band and never had a stone get loose on me. And because of the work I do, I am hard on my rings and so far so good. I think if it''s well made, it''ll be fine. I don''t have any channel set rings so I can''t say about their durability issues.

Diamondfan, my center stone is 2.03 carat. I''m going to check with Signed Pieces on their policy on damages, stones falling out, etc. I have a diamond shared prong heart pendant from them and the diamond fell out after the return window but they replaced it, tightened all the prongs and even shortened my chain (because I decided I rather have it an inch shorter) and covered shipping, all at no cost to me. I''m impressed with their customer service.

Diamondseeker, my setting is from Precision Set. GOG carries them.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leila, your new ring is so very pretty! And I think it looks fine alone; not too dainty by itself at all. If you do want to stack it with rings other than what you've got you could try flanking it with plain gold or platinum bands on either side. I always like that look. It gives you a little more finger coverage but lets the eternity band take center stage.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sundial!

Here are some pictures of my new band with my other shared prong band that I was talking about.

SPring-11.jpg

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/6/2006 11:10:50 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Leila, your new ring is so very pretty! And I think it looks fine alone; not too dainty by itself at all. If you do want to stack it with rings other than what you''ve got you could try flanking it with plain gold or platinum bands on either side. I always like that look. It gives you a little more finger coverage but lets the eternity band take center stage.
Hmm... I always wanted a plain 2mm platinum band.
31.gif
Thanks DJ! One of these days, I think I will get me one.

SPring-12.jpg

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
God, your e-ring is beautiful.
30.gif
I love the band and have wanted that thin, dainty one from SP myself. I think it looks fantastic!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, and I do think that it look stunning with your e-ring and wedding band! I had to compare between and 1/2 ct eternity band and a 1 ct eternity band, and I chose the 1/2 ct...it just looked nicer with the e-ring.

Little

Rough_Rock
Your new ring looks beautiful!!! I believe that all eternity bands from SP are die struck. The metal is very dense and the prongs will be stronger than you think. I have a 9 stone Raphael wedding band from SP. I love it and wear it every day!

Little

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Leila, I love the new band. It''s dainty with lots of bling. I think it would be fine to wear alone. If you''re hard on your rings at work, you won''t be on vacation, right? It just compliments your e-ring (which is stunning BTW) so well. Congrats on a lovely choice.

shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results