shape
carat
color
clarity

My new ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moxie

Rough_Rock
Hello everybody. I have been searching for a ring for my girl for a while now. I stumbled across this site about a month ago and it''s been helpful for me to navigate through confusing world of buying a diamond engagement ring. I think I''ve read half the forum in the last month :)

Here''s what I ended up with. It''s quite gorgeous in person. I think she''s going to love it. I had narrowed it down to two diamonds for around the same price. I ended up going with the larger diamond but a lower color grade. Still not sure if I made the right choice there or not, but oh well, too late now :)

Here are the stats of the diamond.

carat - 1.83
clarity - SI1
color - I
cut - excellent
price - $9,800 for diamond

$11,445 total with setting. (hopefully I didn''t overpay too much, I thought it was a fair price)

Here are some pics of the ring! Setting designed by Yael Designs - http://www.yaeldesigns.com

Thanks for this wonderful forum. It really helped guide me.

IMG_4681_Small.JPG

moxie

Rough_Rock
Last one. Thanks for any comments. positive or negative!

IMG_4676_Small.JPG

heb1976

Shiny_Rock
Very lovely! It reminds me of a Calla lily. Congratulations!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s beautiful and wouldn''t worry about the I color. Now that the diamond is set, I don''t think you''ll see much - if any - of that color. She''ll see sparkle, and that''s what she''ll focus on!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its very pretty. She is going to love it.
1.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is one gorgeous, unique ring. I love it!!

Could you possibly get a close up of underneath the diamond, it looks like scrollwork there, would love to see it.

You did really, really well!!
36.gif

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
WOW.. I love the design. It may sound crazy by it reminds me of an eye, the diamond is set between the upper and lower lids of the eye. Stunning.

2danes

Shiny_Rock
Wow Moxi,
I think you did well, I think you did VERY well!
The design is SO unique!
What a knock out!

newringgirl70

Rough_Rock
Wow...I am continually amazed by the level of creativity and great taste in future husbands these days! It is gorgeous and she must love it...She MUST!
Congrats!

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
very unique! Congrats! And I''m no expert but I think you got it for a pretty reasonable price, too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn''t worry about the I color, that ring is gorgeous and very unique. I''ve never seen a halo like that before. I love the yellow gold accents on the profile. She has to love it!

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
diamond is gorgeous...setting is TDF..who is the designer of that setting? You did fantastic!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
It''s so beautiful and unique! She will absolutely love it! I don''t think I have ever seen a ring like that. It''s lovely! You did a fantastic job!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool setting! I have never seen a halo like that. Congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has the best of everything!! A halo, a partial split shank, pave, milligrain, antiquey, knife edge styling and a GORGEOUS diamond!!!
18.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Woah! That is gorgeous, and totally unique! I am sure she is going to just love it!

Congratulations!!!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
thats a pretty cool halo its totally different and not something you see everyday! its lovely!
30.gif
36.gif

moxie

Rough_Rock
Thanks everybody! I picked this out with very little input from her, I wanted it to be a surprise, so it''s nice to hear people like it. I know she likes the "antiquey" look and that was about it, so after 4 or 5 months of looking, I finally found this beaut. Now the real hard comes, how to ask, which I think is more stressful than picking out the ring. :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, I am sure she will be thrilled with your choice!
Any ideas on when you will propose? We will need some handshots when you do (please!).

Camilla

Rough_Rock
Oh good Lord that is simply amazing. I love the yellow gold detail...she''ll adore it!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty!!!!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
That is just. . . WOW!! Lovely ring; it''s got the ''current look'' without looking like anyone else''s ring!! Good job; fantastic!

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. It is very unique! Loving the gallery, too.

moxie

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 12:34:26 PM
Author: Diamond*Dana
Very pretty, I am sure she will be thrilled with your choice!
Any ideas on when you will propose? We will need some handshots when you do (please!).
I actually do. She is travelling at the moment, so I am surprising her in Paris on Tuesday! From there, I haven''t figured out the rest, but I am thinking a picnic, some wine, and some a nice romantic walk somewhere.... not sure... but I''ll figure something out. I''ll just go with what feels right :)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is a really cool take on the halo/split-shank - nicely done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results