shape
carat
color
clarity

My new OEC 8-prong Martini Studs!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, everyone.

I'm so excited to have my first pair of diamond studs...ever! I'm trying to remember the specs

They are Old European Cut
0.24ct/4.1mm and 0.23ct/4.0mm
H/I color
SI1 clarity

They are old diamonds, my local family jeweler found them for me from an antique piece she got in. I had told her that I was looking for a pair of 1/2 ctw OEC earrings, but I hadn't expected her to find them less than two weeks later! I went in to look at them, and I just thought they were so beautiful! She inspected them for structural integrity and she graded them for me. I found them to be quite white and can see only very small inclusions under 10x magnification. Certainly good enough for me!

I had her put them into 8 prong martini studs, to keep the antique look of the diamonds, and to minimize the imperfections in the diamonds' girdles. I think the settings make them look larger, and really capitalize on the roundness of the stones. I was afraid that so many prongs might overtake them (they do look a little honkin' in photos, I'll admit), but in fact I found that in person the prongs are quite delicate.

And now for the picture show!
36.gif

ETA: pls ignore little fuzzies all over this pic...I forgot to photoshop them out! Argh!

026oec.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
both of them together. I didn''t take the time to clean them before I shot them, so I ended up photoshopping out some fuzzies...Oops.

028oec.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
I''m now starting to see the joys of MACRO. Now that we have a camera with it, I can actually SEE my diamonds when I photograph them!

032oec.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
In this one you can kinda see the little "flower" pattern. Yes, they''re teeny, but still it makes me heart flutter!

034OEC.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
A good view of the setting. I love how the prongs circle around the stones.

035OEC.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
would have liked to catch these in sunlight, but I don''t expect any here until the beginning of next week so, this''ll have to do for now.

037oec.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
kinda-sorta straight on. Still learning how to use the macro. I took about three dozen blurry ones, before I got this one. Heh.

038oec.jpg

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
my gosh...body parts just look so weird magnified like that. I found myself cropping and recropping these pics to cut out my ears LOL.

040oec.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, how stunning! They look great.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely and they look great on you! Congrats.
36.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful earrings!!! I can see why you''d be thrilled!! They''re lovely!! They look great on you!!! Congrats on your first pair of diamond studs!!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love these settings! They really are beautiful!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hallo rube :)

your earrings are gorgeous - and i think the 8 prong setting is wonderfully delicate and in keeping with the feel of the stones.

beautiful.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooooohhh, I LOVE them!! What a wonderful, wonderful find, they are beautiful!!
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
They look soooooo big!

I love the cut, it looks fab in earrings!! Lucky you!!!

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
ooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
They look so perfect in your ears!
5.gif
Congrats on your new earringss
36.gif

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for looking, and thanks for all the kind words! I''m super excited to be wearing my first pair of diamond studs, it''s really been a long tine coming. I''d agonized for years about what cut I would choose, since the very popular RBs and princess cuts are just really not me. But once I discovered OECs, I realized they were right up my alley. I think any new diamonds I acquire from now on will be OECs, they just make my heart flutter.

Whitby - thanks for the compliment on the setting. I thought the 8-prong martini had a nice vintage look to it, and it fit well with the diamonds'' cut. I''m such a big fan of antique-style jewelry.
25.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!! I agree - the 8 prong does seem to be very fitting for the antique style!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they look beautiful! I''m loving the eight prongs, they make them look a bit of floweresque....

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W
30.gif
W! These are so pretty!! I must admit, after seeing these, I am considering getting my ears pierced!!!!!
41.gif
Seriously!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Hooooo! I love love OEC! Your earrings are beautiful!
30.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
OMG! They totally enhance the lovely mystery of OECs. Love love love love love!

They look so big! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results