shape
carat
color
clarity

My new GOG Cushion in a Leon setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ShannonM

Rough_Rock
Yay I am finally engaged! Seven years in the making and more than worth the wait. Jonathan at GOG was amazing to work with and we had no problems with Leon. He''s definitely an artist and will not coddle you through the process but he''s a genius. I know this forum is all about the ring so without further ado!

Cushion Modified Brilliant
2.01 ct
7.64 x 6.98
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Depth: 67.9%
Table: 55%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: VG
FL: None
Culet: None

CIMG3132.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
OMG, GORGEOUS!!! Please post more pics! Please post side pics so we can see the basket, too. Congrats on your engagement!!!

ShannonM

Rough_Rock
You can see the v-cut pave well here. I love the look and it gives the pave great definition while still being really dainty. Although I''m not sure how it could not be dainty when it''s about 1.7mm?

Side View9.7.08.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very pretty--love the profile! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

joflier

Ideal_Rock
What a perfect ring, Shannon!!! I just adore it!
30.gif

ShannonM

Rough_Rock
Now that I have the ring pics at the top (don''t worry I know what makes people happy around here
28.gif
) here''s my engagement story.

David and I met seven years ago in the marching band at the University of Florida and we are both HUGE gator fans. David actually missed his first Gator home game in 10 years for a friends wedding last weekend so this weekend was our first game of the season. It was also a huge night game at 8pm against Miami.

I''m a tax accountant and very very busy right now so I actually worked until 3:45 in the morning on Friday night and we still got up and left at 8am for Gainesville which is about a 2 hour drive from here. I was starving but David insisted we didn''t need to stop for breakfast because someone would have brought food. When we pulled up I didn''t see our normal setup so I looked around and right there in our spot was a table with a two dozen gorgeous roses a bottle of chilled champagne and the biggest chocolate covered strawberries you''ve ever seen. I was so overwhelmed it was perfect and very "us". He did the traditional one knee proposal with an audience of about 30 people from other tailgates around us and we got an enthusiastic ovation.

As if that wasn''t perfect enough David had arranged for people to surprise me throughout the day. My parents and his both showed up as did friends who flew in from as far away as DC. So throughout the day we had a giant tailgate/engagement party with about 50 people. And to top it all off the Gators beat the Canes for the first time in like 25 years. Overall I could not have imagined anything more thoughtful or perfect.

Here''s a picture our sneaky friends took of the setup.

CIMG3112.JPG

mommy2iz

Brilliant_Rock
oh my! your ring is just so beautiful! many congrats!!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Shannon! What a pretty ring. It sparkles like crazy! The pave is gorgeously done as well (wouldn''t expect anything else from Leon!). What is your ring size, if you don''t mind me asking?

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring and beautiful proposal!!!

More pics please!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful! Congratulations!! Let''s see some more pics though - that ring deserves to be stared at! :)

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is stunning (as I knew it would be when I saw you were working with Leon & GOG). Congrats!!! I loved reading your engagement story - fantastic!

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a sweet story . . . congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your ring, Shannon!!! Congrats on your engagement!! Enjoy this wonderful time!!!
36.gif
36.gif

ShannonM

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the well wishes! It really is an increadible feeling to be engaged now.

Ring size is 5.5 but I had it made as a 5.75. Since I live in Florida it''s HOT a lot and my fingers swell. I wanted to be able to wear my precious everywhere.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Mark and Leon... an unbeatable combination. Gorgeous ring... congrats
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
absolutely spectacular + breathtaking. yowza! congrats!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, it is Perfection!!!! I love it
happy%20hearts.gif
More pictures, please
36.gif

glitterbug

Shiny_Rock
That sound you just heard was me falling out of my chair! What a spectacularly beautiful ring! Congrats on your engagement and enjoy this happy time
36.gif

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I absolutely love the cushion and pave combination. Congrats on your engagement!

PearlDahhhling

Brilliant_Rock
Awww your proposal story is so sweet! Congratulations on your engagement!!! Your ring is GORGEOUS! I''m thinking we need some more pictures of that beauty though!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning! Thank you for sharing your lovely proposal story with us too.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring and sweet engagement story. Congratulations!!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results