shape
carat
color
clarity

my new asscher ring is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I am so excited! Ten years into marriage and seventeen into the relationship, and now I''m going to really be engaged! I''ve been lurking here for weeks doing my research (thanks, Asscher people...storm...everyone who had previous recommendations...)

Here''s what is in the works...

Asscher 1.05
D VVS2
Depth 67
Table 58
5.81x5.67x3.80
symm and polish both very good

I was going to get a trellis / x-prong but then fell in love with a modern take on a solitaire at Dimend Scaasi. I ended up working with him (Isaac, the owner/designer) and have LOVED the experience so far.

I''m on the west coast, and just now he showed me the diamond through an innerview live video stream over the internet. He showed me the diamond close up, showed it to me on his hand, showed me the cert, all live while we chatted on the phone. I feel better about making a purchase over the internet getting to see it up close and live. The papers and pictures only go so far, and even though some of the other internet places would let me return the ring/stone, I didn''t want to have to return my dream ring once it was in my piggy little hands!

I looked all over the internet and did do some good price negotiating. He''s not the cheapest, but I really really like him and his designs. I do believe in paying a bit more for quality handmade designs and quality service.

I now have to wait two weeks and will post pics! I hope you guys like this too.

stone.jpeg

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m trying to attach a photo of the setting from Dimend Scaasi''s website...let''s see if it works...

solitaire1.jpg

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

Cannot wait for pics of the finished ring!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, best wishes to you. I love your asscher and can''t wait for the pics. Yummm!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 3:23:58 PM
Author:wallermama

[DimenScassi] is not the cheapest, but I really really like him and his designs.

Neither is D/VVS for Pete''s sake! If you had dropped by this forum a little earlier, you may have ended up with F/VS2 or something. But who''s complaining
3.gif

Congratulations for the great ring. You definitely made me curious about shopping over a bite stream - haven''t seen that before.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, the stone looks gorgeous..can''t wait to see the completed ring

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!! I can''t wait to see it!! I love asschers...
18.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I know I could have done better for the same size with a slightly lower color/clarity. I totally agree and do not feel attached to the "it must be perfect" mindset. A friend just got a flawless one carat round ER and I choked on the $18k (just for stone) pricetag! Not for me

I had a budget, though, and didn''t want to go over the carat range for size, and so I worked up the quality ladder instead. It''s funny how you can look at the write up and get a feeling that it might be IT.

Will I be kicked off of this forum for not wanting a stone larger than a carat? Hee hee.

2.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 7:46:35 PM
Author: wallermama
Thanks everyone!

I know I could have done better for the same size with a slightly lower color/clarity. I totally agree and do not feel attached to the ''it must be perfect'' mindset. A friend just got a flawless one carat round ER and I choked on the $18k (just for stone) pricetag! Not for me

I had a budget, though, and didn''t want to go over the carat range for size, and so I worked up the quality ladder instead. It''s funny how you can look at the write up and get a feeling that it might be IT.

Will I be kicked off of this forum for not wanting a stone larger than a carat? Hee hee.

2.gif
No, we''ll give you a couple of years to catch the ''shrinkage syndrome''
9.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 7:46:35 PM

I know I could have done better for the same size with a slightly lower color/clarity.

Perhaps the prices in this database are not the end-all, but if you look around a bit, it is quite obvious that down to G/VS the difference in size (diameter mostly) for the money would have been quite puny - definitely below half a carat and since the size of emerald cut diamond varies quite a bit with cut... it would hardly matter. IMO, you did great!

Lovely setting too, can''t wait to see this one done
5.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhh, congrats! That Asscher is just LOVELY, and that setting is right up my alley! Wear it in good health!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is going to be stunning!!! Congrats Wallermama!
36.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
Asschers are awesome. That''s going to be one gorgeous ring!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t wait to see your ring!! My boyfriend and I are looking to buy a 1ct asscher soon so it is especially exciting!! You have to post hand shots and your ring size so I can see what mine might look like!! I bet you are so excited!!

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again for all of your kind words!

It will be a long two week wait...

Indecisive, have you picked a setting? I have a size 6 too so I''m curious to see this puppy on my hand. What are you hoping to find in your ideal stone?

I am not too interested in having a huge diamond or one that appears to be huge, but for the record, I was trying to decide between that solitaire setting and a trellis and Isaac reminded me that the smaller settings do emphasis the stone more. I really wanted a plain platinum band with no stones for my wedding band ( I like going band-only sometimes), and the trellis + a band was a bit too much metal for my hand. I felt like it jammed up against my knuckle, if that makes sense. So in spite of my earlier allergy to plain solitaires because of their "pronginess", I searched out a less prongy solitaire and asked him to set it as low as possible. I have little ones and don''t wish to slash them accidently with a sparkly weapon...

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Ugg! I hate waiting!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 10:45:59 AM
Ugg! I hate waiting!
I''m with you! My asscher e-ring was supposed to be done on February 2nd - we''re getting married 4 weeks from this week, and I still don''t have it yet! I''m much like you in that I LOVE flat pipe cut bands, and I''m hoping my BF/FI has taken that into account when he designed my ring.

Here is the ring I have picked out to go along with mine . . . and I think it would look really lovely with your e-ring!

PFL2B.jpg

http://www.e-weddingbands.com/store/platfl2info.html

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...wedding 4 weeks away!

We have ordered from that site before...we love them. I have been wearing a flat cut band from them while recovering from an odd reaction to my 3 stone ring, and my husband just reordered the same band in titanium. I was thinking of that band, exactly!

What does/will your eband look like?

Congrats all around!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 4:12:59 PM
Wow...wedding 4 weeks away!

We have ordered from that site before...we love them. I have been wearing a flat cut band from them while recovering from an odd reaction to my 3 stone ring, and my husband just reordered the same band in titanium. I was thinking of that band, exactly!

What does/will your eband look like?

Congrats all around!
Good to know that you''ve actually used them! I was worried about ordering from them as I''ve not heard of anyone who has before, and it sounds like you''re pleased with them.

I actually have no idea what the ring looks like - he''s done that all on his own and I''ve had no input other than the shape of the stone. If I had to guess, I would think it would be a bezel set asscher with a pipe cut band - similar in style to yours.

We''ll see though - very soon I hope!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Lauren, all this time I thought the ring in your avatar was what you were getting. No? What;s the story behind it?

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, we have used eweddingbands.com three times, and have even dealt with returns with them for incorrect sizes (our fault) and they were great all three times. They always get here within a day or two. This last one even came with a tootsie roll. I think they have great prices for plain bands.

We like the flat comfort fit, but haven''t tried the traditional flat bands, so I can''t say what they are like.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 4:26:56 PM
Author: gailrmv
Lauren, all this time I thought the ring in your avatar was what you were getting. No? What;s the story behind it?

Hehe, I can see how that would be confusing as I''ve had that av for the past 2 years now.

Alas, it''s a Precision Set that was my inspiration for the Asscher solitaire/asscher wedding band combination I eventually wanted.

I''m sure I''m getting an Asscher solitaire, but I''d bet a million bucks it''s bezel set and not claw pronged . . . I''m very conscious of wanting to keep a ring this important forever, and a bezel always seemed the safest way to protect the diamond from myself, at least to me.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2006 5:57:52 PM
Yes, we have used eweddingbands.com three times, and have even dealt with returns with them for incorrect sizes (our fault) and they were great all three times. They always get here within a day or two. This last one even came with a tootsie roll. I think they have great prices for plain bands.

We like the flat comfort fit, but haven''t tried the traditional flat bands, so I can''t say what they are like.

Awesome! I''m calling and complaining if I don''t get my tootsie roll!
9.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Your stone is lovely. I can''t wait to see the finished product.

shay

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Your new Asscher ring looks beautiful - can''t wait for the hand pics!

ALSO, can you post pics with your 2 mm flat platinum band? I am also considering one, and would love to see how it looks ...

Many thanks in advance ...
4.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I need your help! I started a new thread...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/plain-band-lovers-i-need-advice-for-asscher-solitaire.39874/

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
So it is supposed to be done this week...I''m so impatient. I''m going to wear a hole in their website, going to check their photo of the ring!

I went with a plain plat matching wedding band. They are custom-making it to fit flush together, and so that the two bands will be exactly the same profile etc. I''m so excited! And nervous...

Any suggestions on how to keep your cool and not pounch on the UPS man? He probably thinks I have a thing for him!

28.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
hang in there WM- it''ll be here before you know it.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Wallermama your new ring is going to be incredible and we are all anxious to see hand shots (but probably not as anxious as you are - hang in there until it arrives!).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results