shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mark Morrell Wedding Band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
When I was looking for a wedding band for my MM Petite Torchiere I searched and searched on here for anyone who had bands by Mark Morrell. I wanted a plain band for now (and maybe some sparkly sparkly later on..
31.gif
) and I was unable to find really anything.
Even Mark''s site only has a few and most of them have the curve which I did not want.
This wedding band was custom made my Mark for me.

Main things I wanted were:
a thin band - this is just under 2.5 mm.
a band that sat as flush as possible with my e-ring knowing that with out the knoch it would not be perfect.
same blend of gorgeous fluid Platinum as my e-ring which was why I was adamant about going back to Mark for this.
something that would be wearable on it''s own for things like travel

I think Mark (as usual) did an AMAZING job. For such a simple ring there were a lot of questions and decisions. We ultimately decided that a knife edge style ring (which was something I did not think would look good at first) was indeed the way to go. I was worried the pointy edges would bother me but they don''t at all.

So - here goes!!

mmmband01.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Side view (it''s actually taller than it is wide!)

mmmband02.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
another side view (that last one looked sort of lopsided - it''s not. )

mmmband03.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
view from the top

mmmband04.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my e-ring.

mmmband05.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
another

mmmband06.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
the underside...here the difference in the width is more drastic as the band is the same all the way around and the e ring is slightly thicker at the bottom. Also you can see the knife edge detail against the rounded edges of the e ring, which I was unsure if I would like the look but I think it looks fine.

mmmband07.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
here you can see the "patina" platinum gets - which I really wish didn't happen. I love the smooth fluid shiny look but oh well.

mmmband08.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
another

mmmband09.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
a little clearer - excuse the cat hair!

mmmband11.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
a glimpse of some arrows!!
9.gif

mmmband14.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
sorry...I hope I''m not boring everyone!!!!
2.gif

mmmband15.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
because I''m sure having fun!!!!

mmmband16.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
almost done!

mmmband17.jpg

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
last one! thanks for looking and hopefully if anyone is considering a Mark Morrell band this will help them.

mmmband18.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I never though I''d like a plain band so much. It''s very elegant (in a way that other plain bands aren''t), and looks perfect with your gorgeous ER. Well done!!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! I''m really happy with the way it turned out.
I do want something with diamonds - I''m thinking GeckoDani''s bezel set 3/4 eternity that Whiteflash is now doing as stock. But that may have to wait for an anniversary present!
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wishful... ahh, Its gorgeous with your ering... you have my other dream setting!

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you San Diego Lady!
9.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
D&T - aww thanks! Yeah I drooled for months over Mark Morell''s stuff! I was just so glad my (now) husband agreed since he had to do all the real work!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Wishful, I''m so glad you came back to post pics of the wband. It looks AMAZING with your ring - I LOVE your set! I also love how you can barely see the gap - the rings look perfect together.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

wishful

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! Yeah that was my BIG thing...I really wanted something that was as close to flush as possible..with out the curved notch.
Mark has lots of notched rings that are designed specifically for his signature rings (Torchiere, Sunburst, Flame etc) and DH was really pushing me to at least consider going in that direction.
But ultimately I wanted to be able to have options with the band. I wanted to be able to wear it on it''s own and have a classic wedding set. So a plain straight band was what I wanted and stayed with.
As I posted before - I DO want a band with diamonds but I need to let my husband come out of shock after all this diamond research/appraisal/ design/ buying etc. haahhaa..
23.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s absolutely PERFECT with your stunning Ering!!
30.gif
30.gif
Great choice!
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Looks perfect together! Very elegant and classy. Great choice.
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
You have an amazing set! There is always something special about seeing a beautiful e-ring with a plain band. I love the look!
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Aw, Wishful it''s lovely! There''s something so classy about a plain band with a gorgeous solitaire! It compliments your engagement ring so beautifully!!!

It''s boootiful!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I adore it. I really love a knife edge band and it looks wonderful with your Ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results