shape
carat
color
clarity

My Long Awaited Steven Kirsch Ring!!

Paris026

Rough_Rock
This story is long overdue and a little long so please bare with me. I have been a PriceScope lurker since 2008, and have admired so many of your rings! I first heard of Steven Kirsch a few years back and followed his projects on PriceScope. Two years ago my Mother passed away from stage IV lung cancer and she left me her emerald cut diamond engagement ring. In August 2011, our oldest was working in NYC and when we went to visit I brought along my Mom’s ring hoping to see a design I liked searching the diamond district. Not really seeing what I was looking for I decided to contact Steven Kirsch, unannounced and on short notice to see if we could meet with him. He was very kind, not pushy and very likable. He suggested a couple different designs. I instantly felt very comfortable with Steven and felt a trust with him. I left that meeting with my Mom’s ring and said that I would be in contact to see if we could work out a design. After about 5 minutes my husband and I thought that we should leave the diamond ring with him and we could work out the details when we returned home. Sounds crazy I know but I just felt comfortable leaving the stone with him. I spent hours and hours on line trying to decide what I wanted for my ring. Several months later I still couldn’t come up with a design but now our family focus needed to turn to college searches for our younger DD.

With college searching behind us, still no design in mind, the end of senior year was approaching and then our lives took a very difficult turn. Our oldest DD was diagnosed with a serious illness and needed surgery and treatment. Our family’s focus became finding the best Dr.’s, and hospitals while also trying to celebrate the upcoming high school graduation. That summer came and went and then Steven sent me an email asking if I would prefer for him to ship me back my stone. I called and explained the situation with our DD and he told me to go take care of my family and he would hold my stone till whenever I was ready to work on a design.

In January, we took a last minute trip to NYC to see some shows and I contacted Steven to see if we could meet and talk about moving forward again. He was so kind and he was so understanding and concerned about everything we had been through. We exchanged ideas and I knew that I wanted a halo with bigger stones and 3 sided pave diamond band. I didn’t want it to look like an engagement ring and knew I would be wearing it as a right hand ring. I am 5’10” and wear a size 6 ½ so I knew I could pull of a bigger looking style. We came up with a split shank and halo design.

A couple of weeks later Steven sent me some information about his design and I got nervous about some of the design and was feeling overwhelmed with some of the decisions and our oldest DD had run into more complications. Steven told me to trust him and he would design me a beautiful ring and to go take care of my family. Which is exactly what I did. Once again sounds crazy but I trusted him and let him decide the rest of the details. I checked in a couple of times and several weeks later Steven told me he was finished and sent me a picture of the final project. At first when I saw the photo I worried that the halo was too big and I called and talked with Steven and he told me he knew that it might look that way in photos but IRL it was perfectly proportioned.

A few days later my ring arrived and it is beautiful! It is elegant and I think the halo enhances the beauty of the emerald cut stone. Since I didn’t have any paper work for my Mom’s stone I am not quite sure of the specs. I’m getting the ring appraised so I would have some more information.

Emerald cut stone? 1.34

? VS1

? H color

Setting:

Platinum setting

185 stones

Total diamond weight 1.73ct GVS1 melees

Total weight 3.07

Steven sent me the nicest email about how grateful he was to work with me and how he felt with everything we had gone through the least he could do was make me a beautiful ring. So if you are still with this long story I hope you can understand that I don’t think most jewelers would have done all of this for their customers. Sometimes life throws you unexpected challenges and then you meet people who do the unexpected.

img_3617_-_version_0.jpg

img_1682.jpg

img_3668.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have gone through so much Paris! I am so sorry that your mother died and that you have so much worries about your daughter.
With this story behind it, the ring has a special meaning for you and your family.

Your ring is so beautiful!!! The proportions are great and the setting makes your emerald stand out and pop! I am now waiting impatiently for some hand shots. Enjoy your beautiful and meaningful ring!!!

Paris026

Rough_Rock
Acinom,

Thank you so much for your kind words! They mean a lot. I am going away for a few days but when I get back I will post some had shots.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh Paris I'm so sorry about your mother and they your DD getting sick! I can't even imagine how overwhelming the last year has been for you. For me personally I like to symbolize my high and low points in my life with jewelry. That way I can look back and remember what I went through everytime i wear that piece. It makes it so much more personal to me...more then just some bling if you know what I mean. Enjoy this ring, because it is STUNNING and you so deserve something special and beautiful! I hope your DD continues to get well. Congrats on everything and I"m so glad you had a good experience with Steven. I think he is a doll!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I'm so sorry for everything you and your family have been through Paris!!! Steven sounds like he was wonderful to work with. Your new ring is beautiful. Wear it in the best of health and happiness always!!!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paris, your ring is beautiful and your story so moving. I am so glad that you found a jeweler with such integrity and kindness, and you ended up with a beautiful ring and wonderful memento and tribute to your mom. I hope your daughter is on her way to wellness and soon all the difficult days will be behind you.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry for all you've had to go through. Your ring is just beautiful and Steven sounds like an absolute dear!

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Steven did a fabulous job. I agree with SB, jewelry allows us to remember the highs and lows, and sometimes what you think is a low turns into a high. Wear your new ring with happiness and peace.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning ring! Hope the family gets better too!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Paris, your ring is perfect. Everything about it is just right. It really showcases your mom's wonderful stone, and Steven really did respect the stone and took wonderful care of it while you were taking care of your family. I truly hope your son is doing better. Big hugs to you.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what a tough few months you've had!

But what a beautiful, beautiful ring has come out the other side :love: Wishing your family lots of health! :wavey:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
What a moving story. Sending prayers that your DD makes a full recovery. Such a beautiful ring and made with such care by Steven. I think that adds to the sentiment, a beautiful tribute to your Mother.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, what a gorgeous ring! I absolutely love it, it's perfect - Steven did an amazing job! I'm so sorry for all you've been through, I hope your daughter is recovering and I wish you and your family health and happiness.

And yes, we need more pics of that ring! :appl:

badabling

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry for your loss and hope your daughter is recovering quickly.

Steven kirsch did an awesome job on thatnring. It is gorgeous and I hope it brings you much joy and beautiful memories of your mother.

Paris026

Rough_Rock
I originally posted just before heading out with my husband and DD’s and a few days away together. End of summer and getting everyone ready to return to college ☺ I thought I would have had better Internet and been able to reply on the go, but not so. I am so touched with so many warm thoughts about our family and kind remarks concerning the emerald setting and work by Steven. Thank you!

Acinom - Thanks again for your post. I will enjoy this ring!

SB621 - You are so sweet. Yes I do think about so many things when I look at this ring. There were many highs and lows during the past couple of years. This ring truly represents so many feelings. Thank you for your kind thoughts and suggesting having jewelry to represent different points in my life. My husband will be thrilled to hear that!!!!

Dani - Thank you for your kind thoughts!

KristinTech - Thank you!

luv2sparkle - Thank you for your post. My daughter still faces some challenges, but we are in a much better place then we were a year ago, which I am so so grateful for!

Laila619 - Thank you!

nowicanseethemoon - I think it is important to remember that what ever you are going through there is always someone who is going through even more challenging times. This ring represents so many different feelings.

derbygal - I am happy I finally have my ring also!

AudiLover - Thank you for your post! Love your screen name!

AprilBaby - One day at a time has such new meaning to me after the last couple of years!

LLJsmom - My Mom’s pride and joy was her ring so I really wanted to make the ring something special. She had told me since I was a young girl about leaving the ring to me and I really wanted to show case her stone. My daughter has come a long way this past year and I am amazed at how she has handled everything. Thank you for the big hug!

Alex T - Thank you for your well wishes and your nice words about my ring!

Scarlett1 - Thank you for your wishes for my DD’s full recovery. Thank you for your post!

junebug17 - I hope to get more photos of my ring and hand shots soon!

Badabling - Thank you for your post and well wishes!

Once again thank you all for taking the timeout for your post, compliments and well wishes. We have made it 1 year post diagnosis, surgery and treatment for my DD so hopefully she will continue to get stronger and feel better. I couldn’t be more proud of how she and my younger DD have handled everything. Having a sick child really takes a toll on everyone in the family, but I think an adversity along the way makes you stronger and makes you pause and try and get “the big picture” in life. I think I haven’t spent much time reflecting on everything that has happened because I feel like I have been in “fight mode” for the last couple of years, but I am sure the reflection process is coming. PriceScope has kept me company many long nights reading everyone’s story and seeing such beautiful jewelry and I thank you all for sharing. My friend’s are not totally ring obsessed as we all are so no one but all you and my family have even noticed my ring!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paris!! What a struggle you have been thru.. I hope that all is now resolved with your DD and that she will be hale and hearty for the upcoming school year. Blessings to you and your husband for the strength you must have needed to get thru such a challenging year.

How wonderful that you had such an instant connection with Steven that you just 'knew' it would work out well--- and boy!--- did it ever!! Your mothers diamond looks INCREDIBLE in that stunning setting!! you must be so thrilled!! Its just gorgeous - every last detail is so perfect!!

Enjoy and wear it with pride and in good health and happiness!! May this coming year be as uneventful as possible for you!! :)) (in a good way!)

Paris026

Rough_Rock
Enerchi, You made me feel so good about my ring! There was an instant connection with Steven and he was very kind to have been
so patient with everything. The finger coverage of the ring was exactly what I was looking for. Thank you for your positive thoughts for our family and your well wishes! I hope this year also brings you and your family health and happiness!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Everything about your ring is beautiful! :love:

Wear it in health and happiness! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

Paris026

Rough_Rock
Re: My Long Awaited Steven Kirsch Ring

Canuk-gal,
I have been reading your posts for years so it is such an honor to get a post from you! Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results