shape
carat
color
clarity

My hubby''s 10 year upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
He upgraded my ring. Now, it''s my turn to return the favor. Here''s his original -- sterling silver/14kt gold with oxidation from James Avery.

SRMOriginal.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Because the silver was needing to be polished and smoothed out a bit, I decided to see if James Avery would make his ring in white gold, and they said yes.

So, without further ado, here is his upgraded wedding band.

14kt white gold with 14kt yellow gold accents.

SRMRing1.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
They forgot to oxidize the ring, so I''m going to let him see it before they oxidize it just to see if he wants it done. Personally, I like it without, but it''s his decision.

SRMRing2.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
I tried various lighting situations, with and without the flash, but it''s very hard to capture the true beauty of the ring.

SRMRing4.jpg

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Last one for now! He will be home for his midtour leave in July, so he''ll have to wait until then to see it in person.

SRMRing5.jpg

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
it looks great! I love James Avery
30.gif
he''s really popular in tx

EmmeBerg

Rough_Rock
Wow! That is a really pretty ring. I hope I can talk my fiancé into wearing something as awesome as that. James Avery is the best.
2.gif

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, y''all. We''re both native Texans, and we have worn James Avery jewelry for years.

I just love the box it came in, too!

aggiebling09

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 6:24:41 PM
Author: librarychickie
aggiebling~

Are you an Aggie? My husband is Class of 1997.
yes ma''am! I''m the proudest member of the fightin texas aggie class of 2009! lol WHOOP! I''d be a 2%-er if I didn''t type that lol. (you''re husband probably knows what I mean) James Avery recently opened a store here in aggieland
18.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Good choice! I have many James Avery pieces; they do excellent work.

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, that's a fantastic ring! I love James Avery pieces. What a wonderful work of art that is!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very handsome!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it looks great! Is it a surprise, or does he know to expect it? Also YAY for him coming home from tour! Even just for a little while, that will be great. I'm sure he'll love that lovely band!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2008 8:53:17 PM
Author: Skippy123
Very handsome!
HI:

Ditto!

cheers--Sharon

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 8:58:46 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Wow, it looks great! Is it a surprise, or does he know to expect it? Also YAY for him coming home from tour! Even just for a little while, that will be great. I''m sure he''ll love that lovely band!
36.gif

Yes, he does know it''s coming. I tried to show him on the webcam tonight what it looks like, but it was just too fuzzy for him to get a good picture. I do think he''s leaning toward no oxidation, which is my preference!

He''s been so good to me; I just wanted to repay the favor.

Thanks for all the compliments! I just wanted to share something a little bit unique.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool........ I have looked @ James Avery''s site and decided that I need a new cross necklace.
Thanks for the inspiration
2.gif

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never seen this work before, wow, its stunning! How did the silver hold up after ten years?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a cool wedding band, both of them! That is such a wonderful gift, I am sure that he will love it!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 10:09:36 PM
Author: reader
I''ve never seen this work before, wow, its stunning! How did the silver hold up after ten years?

Well, considering he is in the Army and he works around tanks, it has held up considerably well. He did have a few dings in it after he got back from Iraq the first time, so we had it polished up a bit, which JA did for free.

I think JA uses a different alloy (I think that''s what it''s called.) for their silver, b/c it''s not "icy" white like Tiffany''s is. It''s got almost a pewter color to it. I have tons of his silver stuff and a few of his gold pieces, as well.

Maybe I''ll start a "Show me your James Avery" thread tomorrow. It would be fun!

Ms.Dreamy

Shiny_Rock
wow, that reproduction of his old ring is soooo beautiful!
30.gif

Me personally, I would leave it like this, without the black oxidation.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
That is so sweet of you librarychickie
36.gif
.... cool ring box too!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
That looks great - I like it without the oxidization too. But it looks good either way!

librarychickie

Shiny_Rock
Yay! He saw it my way, and he has chosen no oxidation!

I emailed him the pictures, and he''s really happy about it. He can''t wait to see it in person.

Thanks again for all the compliments. They really mean a lot coming from such an educated forum.

~LC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results