shape
carat
color
clarity

My grad gift to myself - a bracelet

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock

I posted this over on the Jewellery Forum and SanDiegoLady suggested I post here as well. I am more that happy to show off here also!

This is a recent acquisition and it was too big when I got it so I had two links taken out. It is now 32.5 grams, white gold, 21-10 point diamonds, F, VVS so the ctw is 2.10. I love the weight on my wrist.

The two links that were taken off will become earrings. They might as well, otherwise they would sit in a little plastic bag in the drawer! Earrings will be ready in about a week.

I had been looking for a tennis bracelet for a long time as I wanted to get myself a graduation gift but nothing ever grabbed me right off the bat. I was a "mature" student and I graduated last May - I say that so you are not surprised by my "old" looking arm. It has taken me this long to find the ideal bracelet for me and although it is is not a traditional tennis bracelet the minute I saw it I knew it was the right style for me.

BI

on arm.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very beautiful and very unique! I like the variation in style from the regular tennis bracelet.

Congratulations on your graduation!
36.gif

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That''s the loveliest design I''ve ever seen! Would you mind sharing where you found it?

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
I wish I could tell you who the designer is but the goldsmith who took the links out says it is an Italian bracelet, based on the jewellers marks. That is all I know!

BI

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! I love how it''s different yet classic at the same time. Congratulations!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pretty! Congrats!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful choice--congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your graduation. I love your bracelet, so stunning!!!
30.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your graduation! It''s very pretty!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great graduation gift! I really like it. Congratulations.

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely bracelet! Congratulations on your graduation! Best Wishes!
36.gif

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone - it was a pretty big risk to go back to school at 50 and then to actually get a JOB! in the field was a pretty big deal for me. Sometimes, while I was going to school and writing exams I thought that I might be doing just to be able to say I did - to actually get a job afterward - in my field no less - was amazing! Just goes to show that if I can do it, anyone can! I am not sure if many of you know yet what it is like to be over fifty AND female and try to make a career change - it ain't easy ladies, but it can be done!

BI

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 11:30:04 PM
Author: BlackIsland
Thank you everyone - it was a pretty big risk to go back to school at 50 and then to actually get a JOB! in the field was a pretty big deal for me. Sometimes, while I was going to school and writing exams I thought that I might be doing just to be able to say I did - to actually get a job afterward - in my field no less - was amazing! Just goes to show that if I can do it, anyone can! I am not sure if many of you know yet what it is like to be over fifty AND female and try to make a career change - it ain''t easy ladies, but it can be done!

BI

BlackIsland - congratulations on your achievement. It is no small feat. I think you must be very smart and determined to do what you have done. You really deserve your beautiful bracelet. Well done.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your achievement; it is beautiful bracelet!!

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on the graduation!!
36.gif

Beautiful bracelet! I''ve never seen anything like that, it''s so cool! How awesome that you''re going to have matching earrings. Can''t wait to see those too.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Blackisland,
congrats on the bracelet and what it represents! I graduated in may.I went back to college at age 41 and graduated with a 3.81 GPA...IT WAS REALLY TOUGH...I am still trying to find a job...what area did you study?The bracelet is really beautiful with its Hurculian knots and diamonds! I am still shopping for the right graduation gift but bought a greek key style mens bracelet to wear until i find the exact bracelet to represent my graduation from college.Wear and enjoy your new gift!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE your bracelet, it''s so different, in a good way! Just beautiful.

Congrats on your new pretty, and congrats on graduating. Good for you.
2.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heartfelt congratulations on your graduation! That''s quite an accomplishment.

Your new bracelet is very pretty! I fell in love with ten point stones when I bought my seven stone band. They''re a nice size and very noticable especially in good color and clarity like yours.

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/26/2008 2:50:17 AM
Author: jewelerman
Blackisland,
congrats on the bracelet and what it represents! I graduated in may.I went back to college at age 41 and graduated with a 3.81 GPA...IT WAS REALLY TOUGH...I am still trying to find a job...what area did you study?The bracelet is really beautiful with its Hurculian knots and diamonds! I am still shopping for the right graduation gift but bought a greek key style mens bracelet to wear until i find the exact bracelet to represent my graduation from college.Wear and enjoy your new gift!

Thanks jewelerman!

I also pulled off a 3.8 GPA! It was hard, but I think adult learners are always so much harder on themselves. In high school if I got 65% I would do the Woo Hoo (homer simpson style) but as an adult student, anything less than a 90% was very disappointing. I started to focus on what I did "wrong" instead of what I was doing right. Took a while to get over that and give myself credit for the good marks and forget the few questions I got wrong. I went into Occupational Health and Safety - traditionally a "mans" field, but I was lucky to get a job in healthcare, which is more open to having women advisors than things like construction and forestry.

Funny that you bought at "greek" style, as I really find that style attractive - the lines are so clean!

BI

BlackIsland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/25/2008 8:31:45 PM
Author:BlackIsland

The two links that were taken off will become earrings. They might as well, otherwise they would sit in a little plastic bag in the drawer! Earrings will be ready in about a week.

BI

Yippie my earrings are done!

on ear 2.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Love those earrings, and the bracelet.

Congratulations on your graduation!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results