shape
carat
color
clarity

My Good Old Gold (GOG) 2.23 ct (2.83 tcw) Michael M Ring

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
Ok!

So we are Engaged!!! Well....... 'us-gaged' meaning the family doesn't yet know. But we're engaged!!!

We are holding off on telling everyone the good news as my little sister (and future maid of honour) is studying overseas and won't be home until the 29th of the month. So at that point, we'll let everyone know. But until then, we're just enjoying this little secret between us both.

I'm thrilled and beyond happy with my ring.

I posted the specs (after purchase) and the info in Rocky Talkie.

The ring is definitely eye clean and I just adore it so much.

Lynda at Good Old Gold must be a saint in waiting to deal with my questions and anxiety. She was like a hug in the morning when its raining outside. Always re-assuring, always calming and always accommodating. Matt was also fantastic. He shot us videos and addressed my questions and concerns - which just kept coming. He was awesome as well.

We got to meet Jonathan (Rhino - how did you get this nickname?) when we were in store. I was initially worried we were getting passed off but literally everyone in the store is SO NICE and so professional. I never regretted working with Matt or Lynda at all. They really are amazing and If you're looking, i'd highly recommend going to them both.

We were a bit hot and fussed when we first met them as we underestimated the walk from the train station to the store in the middle of summer (July). Its not actually that far but it was a hot and hazy day that day. After a few of those mints they have around the store coupled with all the bling and choices they let us see, try on and explore, we were all sorted out. The pizza store (on recommendation) topped off the experience (it was awesome).

I read about GOG, on this forum. I stumbled on this forum while helping another friend look for our bridesmaids dresses on Weddingbee. I can honestly say, if you're out there thinking of buying a diamond, GOG - Good old Gold is the place to go.

We had a decent budget to work with but I honestly feel like they were 'in our corner' the whole time. What I mean by this is that they always offerred us a range of options to choose from. In fact, the diamond we ended up choosing was not the most expensive we were shown. In fact, it was on the cheaper end (although my fiance would disagree) of what we were looking for but was the best 'performer' for what we were looking for. They got to know what I was looking for and absolutely got it perfect.

I had a few specifications as well that I wanted and all of my expectations and requests were met. They even changed the finger size the day before we ordered without fuss.

The diamond is gorgeous and I can't say enough. I'm thrilled.

The setting is amazing too. I was initially torn between this and another setting. My fiance picked this setting out as he 'wanted me to have 2 to choose from'. This was the one that I thought 'ok, if there haaaaaaaaassss' to be another i'll pick this. But then I fell in love with it. So i'm happy he made me consider this - it is so perfect. It even has a little surprise diamond in a bezel setting just under the main stone. The workmanship is awesome. I would recommend Michael M to anyone.

My fiance is the best thing that has ever happened to me. But this ring, and my experience with Good Old Gold is pretty good too! ;-) haha.

So without further gushing, here it is. This is my first attempt to attach a picture.

These are all the 'hidden' opportunities I get to wear it - ie: at home - until the 29th!! Sorry for the poor picture quality. They're from my IPhone and i'm no photographer.

ring_152.jpg

ring_153.jpg

ring_154.jpg

ring_155.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your romantic secret!!!
Your stone and ring are amazing. I love the curly shapes underneath the main stone. Your ring is beautiful from whichever angle you view it. Enjoy!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful, congratulations!!!! I love the gallery too! I am so happy for you that the whole process was wonderful. Happy memories all around is a very good thing! Enjoy!

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
@luv2sparkle and acinom

Than you so much.

The 'swirly bits' under the ring are fun. It really makes the ring sit high off my finger - but not crazy silly high - if that makes sense. I would recommend it to anyone who doesn't have to 'work with their hands' - iE: people like me who work in an office typing all day (attorney).

The side stones were a bit scratchy, but like any good ring, it just takes time to get used to. I guess i'll have to wait until the 29th to wear it all in :) haha

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring and I love the gallery as well. Congratulations!

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely ring! Congratulations on your engagement!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement.

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and your ring is beautiful!! Such an awesome and exciting time! I totally know how you feel about GOG, as they provided my diamond for me as well, and I agree.....they are AMAZING!! Enjoy the few weeks with your secret then show it off like crazy.... it looks fabulous on your hand!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That is a beautiful, substantial ring and setting. Hope you enjoy if for many years to come!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, stunning ring and I hope your official announcement goes well!!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - it's beautiful! If I were you, I would be jumping out of my skin from now and the 29th to wear it. And, when you do, I'm sure the ring will sparkle enough to announce your engagement from across a room :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, what a beautiful ring. May you two have many happy years together.

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! The ring is beautiful!! I think "us-gaged" is so sweet and romantic!
Wishing you guys a happily ever after!!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is stunning!! :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and ring! It is beautiful - can't wait until you can make it official!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement + the beautiful ring!... :love: :appl:

hearts-arrows_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is gorgeous! I loved the video. Everyone should have a GOG glamour video when sharing their ring pics. I could see all the detail in your setting. I would burst if I had to wait to wear that stunner!
More pics please!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and thrilling ring! How exciting - thank you so much for sharing. I wish I could go 'play' at GOG.

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
I am so completely and totally overwhelmed by the lovely responses.

I am also still over the moon with this stunning ring from GOG. They have made me a very very happy girl.

Ok, so now some updated photos. Like pretty much every post on Pricescope regarding the 'showing' of rings, i'm seeing how hard it is to accurately photograph the ring....but here it goes.

I've even put the IRL one in - but I had to crop out the faces (and the pretty background) because of the 'us-gagement'....which!! by-the-way.....is killing me.

My sister keeps asking 'when' as she knows we went shopping, and I just wanna blabber it.

But the Fiance (ahhhh) would like to just 'show up' and see how long it takes her to zero in on the hand..... ;-) (and i do love that idea and can't hurt him by taking that away....but sheesh).

ring_156.jpg

ring_157.jpg

ring_158.jpg

ring_159.jpg

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
As you can see I was not one of those girls who has a constant manicure leading up to her engagement - the IRL shot shows that.

In fact, i'm pretty sure the manicurist cringed when I went in after the fact (so that my evening 'playtime' with the ring looks better).

I now have to decide what the most flattering colour is for the 'reveal'. My current colour is the light purple just to get the nails to grow (thank you shellac) in this cold snap we're getting. Any suggestions? I don't paint my fingers, someone else does (because I suck) (and to clarify, its not that I dont....its just that I 'dont' for this special occasion) so it has to be shellac colours or something they could do. Light baby blue? Light pink? Deep red?

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
I love shellac's Romantique(two coats) with a thin layer of Zillionaire on top! It looks classy and adds just a touch of shimmer. :wavey:

cj

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
Other than 'shellac' being a thing, is 'shellac' also a brand of itself (ie: shellac brand shellac?)

Thanks for the recommendation, i'll try to work out a place that does that combo!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning ring! I don't know how you can keep a secret that long!!!!

AstonMartin

Rough_Rock
I'm going to the gym each night and RSVP'ing to every invite to keep my mind from exploding.

hahaha.

Its really really really hard! i'm soooo excited.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! It would kill me not to wear it, bet your so excited to tell everyone :)) Congratulations :appl:

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
Hey AstonMartin... actually they are kind of like gel nails (supposedly better for the nail) and the brand is CND Shellac. Other companies have their brand of uv gel nails, Shellac is just made by CND. A lot of people just call them all Shellac though! ;-) I actually bought all the stuff and my Mom, sisters, and I do ours here at home. :wavey:

cj

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results