shape
carat
color
clarity

My girl''s finished Brian Gavin e-ring. Let me know how I did!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock

Here is the link from my older post with the CAD and the wax setting.

I first want to thank everyone that helped and shared their opinion.

Here are pics of the finished product! There is one thing missing - Lesley is going to set a ''surprise'' black diamond on the inside of the ring. That will happen within the next few days, I will post pics of that once complete. Hand shots to come down the road - not proposing until early October. I may post some of the ring on my hand or one of her friends hand if we can sneak around her

Please let me know your thoughts again. Everyone has been so helpful. Thanks Again!

Diamond:
Carat: 0.731
Color: H
Clarity: VS2
Other specs can be found in the link mentioned above.

8 BrianGavin-Martini scattered Engament ring3.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my-that is gorgeous! Can''t wait to see hand shots!

Beautiful!

This might just be me.. but I would advise not to let anyone else try it on until she does.. make sense? AFTER she has it, she can allow people to try it on if she wants... but I wouldve been irked if FI let my friends walk around with my ring on prior to the proposal!!

You did a great job on the ring... it''s very unique and you can''t go wrong with BGD!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
I love it! It looks perfect. The black surprise diamond is a sophisticated touch. Congratulations!

I agree with Swedish Bean -- put the ring on your finger to take photos; don''t ask one of her friends -- I''d be ticked, too!

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 4:33:47 PM
Author: swedish bean
Beautiful!

This might just be me.. but I would advise not to let anyone else try it on until she does.. make sense? AFTER she has it, she can allow people to try it on if she wants... but I wouldve been irked if FI let my friends walk around with my ring on prior to the proposal!!

You did a great job on the ring... it''s very unique and you can''t go wrong with BGD!
Ah yes...I have heard not to do that. Thanks! She will be the first, promise!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, I just LOVE how the whole side of the stone is completely nekkid! Absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful job! These are much better than the CADs! She''s going to be thrilled!! I agree with the other ladies about letting her be the very first to have it on! Can''t wait to see the surprise diamond once it''s set inside. Do you have any ideas as to how you''re going to propose? Good luck with that and don''t forget to post hand pics when she says yes!!

legra

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! Love the etoile style band and the graceful, fluid setting. The surprise black diamond is a nice touch. It seems like you put a lot of thought and care into the design of the ring and I am sure that your ff is going to love it. Great job!
9.gif

LetsGoPens

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 4:49:02 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Beautiful job! These are much better than the CADs! She''s going to be thrilled!! I agree with the other ladies about letting her be the very first to have it on! Can''t wait to see the surprise diamond once it''s set inside. Do you have any ideas as to how you''re going to propose? Good luck with that and don''t forget to post hand pics when she says yes!!

Yes I will be sure to post pics of the surprise black diamond.

I am going to propose here. This is the most romantic place in Pittsburgh. There are alot of high end restaraunts that overlook our city''s skyline. I will be sure to include pics of that too!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, so unique!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks beautiful Can''t wait to see hand pics

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool and unique! Will she be getting a matching etoile type wedding band to go with it? That would look
awesome! Love the uniqueness of it!

(I''ll second, or is it third it...dont let her girlfriends try it on (or even see it) before she does! Use your pinky for pics if you
have to.)

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Your ring is beautiful!! I love that setting, it's refreshing to see a solitaire that's unique!
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
you did good, thats gorgeous

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks lovely - can''t wait to see hand shots! You did a fabulous job!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeously unique!! What a one-of-a-kind piece that she''ll love!

I especially love the triangular prongs. They echo the three prong motif!

joelly

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I''ve yet to see such setting. You''ve done BEAUTIFULLY!!!!
Good luck on the proposal.
36.gif
36.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 4:41:41 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Oh wow, I just LOVE how the whole side of the stone is completely nekkid! Absolutely gorgeous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I think it looks fluid and very sexy! It''s a beautiful ring, and I love the idea of the hidden black diamond. Even more sexy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh, very pretty!

cheers--Sharon

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh. WOW. I was worried about those prongs, but on the finished ring they look stunning! I love how bare the diamond is, and the scattered diamonds in the band are an EXCELLENT touch!!! It''s beautiful!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that design turned out beautiful!!! Make sure to come back with hand pics after she says yes!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!! You did a great job!!!! What a unique ring!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results