shape
carat
color
clarity

My engagement ring re-set bezel halo 3 stone + trellis

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Hello 8-)
I havent posted here in a looong time, Ive been behaving myself nicely actually :saint: Well except for just this one thing... :naughty: lol
I had grown tired of my 5 stone engagement ring and decided on a re-set. We just recently bought a new house so already that put me on a tighter budget. I contacted LOGR for a price on a custom design. I photoshopped a few photos of the design I had in mind, sent it to them and agreed on a price. They sent me photos from sketch to wax and it was cool to see it come to life. They didnt send me a photo after the setting was finished which i was a bit peeved about, I had to wait to see it in person. The whole process took about 2 weeks from sketch to opening the package. I have to say, I am VERY impressed. I've won a few auctions of theirs over the years and at times they arent always perfect but nice enough for the price IYKWIM. But this, WOW! As part of the deal I stated that all diamonds were to be bright, clear and not discoloured and if even one was "off" Id be returning it. I was kind of expecting something to remind me it was a LOGR ring but to be honest, the ring is heavy, all the diamonds are bright, the ring is well made and nothing is "off" so Im completely happy I took the plunge.
While I was expecting my diamonds to look a little bigger with a bezel and a halo, I wasnt quite prepared for how HUGE they look now in comparison! I have big fingers (size 9.25) and even as a 3 stone I get plenty of finger coverage which Im not yet used to... But that cant be a bad thing right? Might keep the diamond shrinkage at bay for a little longer... :bigsmile:
I only have 3 photos at the moment (all of them taken with the main diamonds unset) so I'll get around to posting the compulsory hand shots soon hopefully :) They have been edited on my iphone so the colours are a little off, they are the only ones I have at hand though and Im busting to share.
The main diamond is 1.03ct - sides are half carat each
Thanks for looking!

my engagement ring 3 stone halo.jpg

my engagement ring 3 stone halo - unset.jpg

my engagement ring 3 stone halo - unset side.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW! Awesome ring! :love: Love the trellis work on the mount - more pictures!!! That is beautiful - I am surprised that it came from LOGR since it looks as perfect as custom jewellers we often see on PS. (I didn't mean that as a slam - I'm just really impressed!) Very impressive :appl:

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
Um no idea why it says TRADE at the top of my posts, very sorry about that. Is it fixable by admin?

The diamonds are just orphans that I rescued from ebay a few years ago so I dont have many specifics on them. One of the half carats is VVS - the other half carat is SI1 and the center is a very clean SI2-I1. All are G-H. I dont know why but I dont like new diamonds? I have this thing for buying used... I wonder why. I love diamonds with a past and rings with a history. I love the thrill of the chase, buying estate and unloved diamonds off ebay is the only thing that will satisfy my addiction hehe.

I'll get some more photos for you soon :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
The chase is always fun :) do you have pics of the original 5 stone?

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have the sama addiction ;))

Can you share the price for the mount? It is really lovely, I adore the profile!

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
:love: I love it!! Did you send your 3 diamonds to China to have them set it? Or do they send the setting and you have a local person set your diamonds? Just smashing, I'm going to be obsessively checking back for hand shots :cheeky:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say- If you didn't share who made the setting I wouldn't have known. Like you said- it doesn't ae to have the quality or appearance of the LOGR

Lozzarina

Rough_Rock
DD: I cant remember the exact price but it was under $700 - around the $670 mark

Sandy: I had my local jeweller set the diamonds :)

Thanks for your comments - a few quick pics - sorry the exposure is a bit off in a few pics - i just finished night shift and I cant quite get my brain working the way it should :snore:

0103-11-2012.jpg

0303-11-2012.jpg

0503-11-2012.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
8-) :love: 8-)
Just can't get enough of this bling!!! It really is a beautiful setting and you got a kick a$$ deal at that price!! wow ---- you are a pretty good shopper, lozzarina! Fantastic finger coverage. :appl:

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful! It certainly looks like it cost more than it did.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I really love it! :love:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous, and talk about finger coverage! Amazing ring for an amazing price!!!! :love:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of the most beautiful rings i've seen in a very long time.It looks amazing and huge on your hand.That was an extremely successful reset...And for the price you paid...Fantastic :appl:

Kalrik

Shiny_Rock
Wow they did a really great job, it's beautiful! I really like the bezels.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that turned out great! You must be pleased!!!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful, I really love the sweepy graceful trellis! great job!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring captures many elements that I love -- halo, swoopy trellis, excellent proportions -- enjoy this unique beauty!!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I really adore the setting, it's incredible.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous! I love the triple halo and the profile view is stunning :love: And what a great price!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results