shape
carat
color
clarity

My dream ering - now need dream wedding band :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock

Hi all -

I just came upon this site yesterday - such a great forum to discuss rings! Anyway, my fiance proposed to me earlier this year, with the ring of my dreams. We''re getting married next Fall, so I''m starting to look into wedding rings. Not sure what would work with this band, so suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

LARing1.jpg

36.gif
congrats!

Please tell us more about your ring!!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovely - may we see a profile shot? that will help too. What have you tried on so far?

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooooo pretty! I love it! More pics and specs stat! :) I would also go with a thin diamond band.

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your responses. I don't have the GIA certificate with me, but the specs I know offhand are:

2.54 center stone, 0.8 setting
GIA triple x designation
E Color
S12
Finger size: 6 1/4

Here are a few more pics. I'm also considering wearing it on my right after the wedding - if I can't find any band I like.

LARing2.jpg

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
OoooOO, that is pretty dreamy!

Yep...I''d say a thin diamond band too. If not a diamond band, a plain band, but...thin!

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Ditto getting a very thin band with diamonds that match your halo stone size or a very delicate plain band...

Do you mind if I ask who did your setting? Is it plat or wg? Thanks!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd do a thin pave band to match the pave on your e-ring. What a gorgeous ring!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 1:33:18 PM
Author: btrflygrl23
Gorgeous ring! Ditto getting a very thin band with diamonds that match your halo stone size or a very delicate plain band...

It was done by a jewler in NYC named Michael Herman and is platinum.

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
Oops - forgot to add with the stats that it is an F color and SI2.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
IMHO I probably wouldn''t get a band. The ring is so stunning and delicate that it would take away from its shape and beauty.

I have an Asscher with a halo and I decided to go without as well. Everything I tried on or had sketched seemed to take away from the elegance of the ring on its own.

Cj

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 1:54:53 PM
Author: LAG2010

Date: 12/1/2009 1:33:18 PM
Author: btrflygrl23

It was done by a jewler in NYC named Michael Herman and is platinum.
Thanks so much for the info LAG! It is a lovely setting for sure! gives me a great idea of how my center stone would look with a halo split shank, I have a 2.52.
Good luck in the wedding band search...
35.gif

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! I agree that a thin, pave band would look phenomenal with it! Congrats, and keep us posted on your shopping progress!

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Goregous! I agree with others about a very thin diamond band. Or wear it on the RH and get a killer wb, maybe a 5 stone
30.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!

This shot is so beautiful...
Date: 12/1/2009 1:21:24 PM
Author: LAG2010
Thanks for your responses. I don''t have the GIA certificate with me, but the specs I know offhand are:

2.54 center stone, 0.8 setting
GIA triple x designation
E Color
S12
Finger size: 6 1/4

Here are a few more pics. I''m also considering wearing it on my right after the wedding - if I can''t find any band I like.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful ring! I know someone who has a similar ring - she has a very thin diamond wedding band, and it looks stunning together. The thin band doesn''t take away from the engagement ring, but still adds some extra sparkle (not that it needs it though!)

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 3:32:05 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Goregous! I agree with others about a very thin diamond band. Or wear it on the RH and get a killer wb, maybe a 5 stone
30.gif

Love that idea - although not sure if FH will :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I agree that it would be stunning with a thin diamond band.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a suggestion for a band, but you have a fantastic ring!!!
35.gif
36.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Such a gorgeous ring! I think a thin diamond band would complement it perfectly. Or if your DH is ok with it, make it a RHR and get an eternity band that can stand alone.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! And just my size!
31.gif

Seriously, though, I ditto the above suggestions of a thin diamond band; I''d match the halo. Some might find it too blingy, but I just like sparkle
30.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations- I''m saving your thread, and when I have my original stone reset--- this will be the model. This is gorgeous.

Ultra thin band will look beautiful with this, or go for a thick eternity on the other hand, but don''t clutter this beauty up. It''s a stand alone.

Thanks so much for sharing these pictures..... more please.....

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
yowza - that is an incredible ring!

the center stone has enough coverage to probably allow a thin eternity or plain band to sit under with no prob...

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING profile!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results