shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My dream band with French cut diamonds

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure some have seen the story in RockyTalky about my fortuitous find at my local favorite antique jewelry spot. I was in to have my new petite three stone sized and showed the owner a pic of French cuts and said, "if you ever have any of these cross your desk, call me!" He just happened to have gotten some a week before.

There are 12 french cut diamonds measuring 3.6 X 3.6 X 2.5 each.
3.16 TCW, VS1, E-F
The specs on the ring are 4.9mm wide 2.0mm thick, size 5.25- Platinum band 10.5 grams total

I am not sure if I am allowed to say, but the work they have done on my Ering (which is an antique) and the custom work on this band is deserving of a shout out. Peter and Fawzy at Arlington Gold and Silver have one of the best benches. I got there the same day it was ready in case they changed their minds and decided to keep it :wink2: They are the type of guys you just wanna hug every time you see them. The 2.57 I sold with JbEG and my current Ering setting came from them.

dsc_0538.jpg

dsc_0543.jpg

dsc_40.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
G :love: RGE :love: US!!! WOW!!!

Just stunning vinjewels!! Congrats on the good fortune to fall into a lucky pile of french cuts!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Excuse the lack of a manicure. I didn't realize how bad they look. I work a lot with my hands and have to keep my nails really short :???:

dsc_0541.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
OMG must see more pictures! :love: :love: :love:

Can you try and get a few close-up?

GAH... I could come there and take a few pictures for you! :naughty:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH.

Please, please, please tell me you plan to FLOOD the board with pics. :appl:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
You lucky duck you!!! very very jealous! :mrgreen:

Can you please post some hand shots with it straight on! pleeeaaase. Thank you :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Enerchi! two_little_birds, I wish you could! No sunlight at all here in Texas today either. Temp dropped 45 degrees from yesterday and the sun is hiding out. I will try soon! I have a friend with a macro lens. Maybe she could help a girl out...

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHat an amazing "presence" on your hand!! That's a stunning ring!! (oh.. did I just say that above?? hmm... )

STUNNING!!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Here are afew Iphone pics. Will try to get more when I get a chance! Oh, and one of the pics shows that the diamonds go around about 80% of the band. I like this in case we had to take it in a bit, but also I would cringe everytime I gripped something knowing there were diamonds under my finger.

photo_13_0.jpg

photo_14_1.jpg

photo_15_.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS :lickout: :lickout: :lickout: :appl: It turned out PERFECT, every detail is TDF!!!

This is exactly what I am going for. I am going to be persistant :Up_to_something:

Lovingwarmdiamonds

Rough_Rock
I'm still trying to catch my breath after seeing the last set of pics of this band. Seriously. Holy bling :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: !!!!
I've been lurking on PS for years (long before I signed up for my own account) and that is - without question - the most beautiful band I have ever laid eyes on here. Congrats and wear it in good health!!

Drooling over it...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely stunning and I'm completely jealous! :love: :love: I love the engraving as well! Enjoy it!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfection!!!! Swooooon..... :love: :love: :love: :love: =) also mark me as a little jealous... it's lovely!!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, stunning I LOVE french cuts and THAT is amazing!!!!

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
I just LOVE your band! Every time I see a piece as original and different as yours, it makes me question my own diamond jewelry likes. Wear it in health :appl:

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, this has to be one of the most stunning diamond bands I've ever seen!! :love: :love: It looks absolutely perfect on your hand. Enjoy!! :))

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love how you can see each individual french cut diamond clearly! How comfortable is it to wear?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh. My. Gosh. It is absolutely gorgeous!! It is beyond perfect!! I want one!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love this ring!!!! It is gorgeous, you lucky woman!!!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Enerchi, I am blushing :) A double post. Thanks for the compliments!

Yennifire, I think an FC band would balance the other hand out very nicely. Your Old Mine Oval is still one of my PS favorites.

Armywife13, Agneau, FancyPantSparkles, GemFever, Ganesha, staci76, Lovingwarmdiamonds, Christina, luv2sparkle and Mayk, mucho gracias!

BrightIce, how wide was your band with the FCs? If mine were any wider, I think comfort would be an issue. Right now, if I have my fingers straight and put them together (which I never do...) the band is thin enough to go a tad diagonal. Its minimal and if I go down a smidge in size, it will go away. It is still comfy when I do this. I want to go thru a Texas summer before I make that decision. It may fit perfectly in 110 degree heat. :rolleyes: Also, if it were wider, I don't think it would fit in that hollow spot between my fingers. I have thinner fingers and thicker knuckles. Hope this helps!

arkiebl, Thanks! Me too. They are my favorite cut.

MrsAkin, my bank account wishes I would question mine too. It seems like I gravitate toward the expensive or impossible to find.

mom2boys, It is comfortable. I think I am just getting used to wearing something on my right hand. I switch the band to my left hand and it is a comfy as my ering. If it were eternity, I don't think I would be as comfortable wearing it. The crowns of the diamonds aren't really protected and I would be afraid to damage the diamonds. Like I told BrightIce, if it were wider, I don't think it would be as easy to wear.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
What a magnificent find! It's stunning and looks absolutely lovely on your hand!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, how beautiful!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want this band...I SO want your lovely band! It is unspeakably gorgeous from the front all the way to the engraved back. :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
This may be my 4th or 5th time coming back to this thread just today. You'll be posting more pics, riiiight? Pretty please? 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results