shape
carat
color
clarity

My cute ebay find!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't resist the urge to bid on this sapphire and diamond engagement ring because I found it to be so cute and adorable. It reminds me a lot of Leota's pinky ring, but with a single band.
It is not my dream 3 carat diamond, but in this case, size doesn't matter. I absolutely love it!!!
I got it yesterday and received it in worn condition, so I still have to have it polished, etc. but it really is so cute!!!
The person I purchased it from had the ring made from www.joden.com as an engagement ring in 2000. By the way, I checked out the site and they have some amazing vintage and art deco pieces.

Specs as per appraisal are-
centerstone- .35 round ceylon sapphire
surrounded by 20 diamonds set common prong totaling .25 ctw.
The setting is 900 Platinum
It also happened to be a perfect fit for my ring finger, but I think I may have it resized to fit my middle finger.
2.gif

119_1907 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another picture. The band is only 1.5 mm. wide.
2.gif

119_1915 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one!
2.gif

119_1914 (2).JPG

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cute! Hmmm. . . I've been thinking of purchasing a small little treat for myself (lol) and will have to check out the site you posted!

Hope you enjoy your fun new ring!

Michelle

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, what a find. That is so pretty.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys,
I have been wearing it on my ring finger along with another very thin diamond platinum band on my ring finger. They actually match really nice.
The thin diamond band I picked up at a pawn shop about 5 years ago. I was so excited over that purchase because it was inscribed with TRAUB Orange Blossom which I found out is a company that has been making ring since the early 1900's up until the 1950's, I think. The band was also inscribed with July 2nd, 1937 and 900 platinum.
I love thinking that it belonged to someone from so many years ago.
The best thing was that I got it for $90.
Here's a picture!

119_1924 (2).JPG

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a picture of how I usually wear them. I am not sure which way I like better.
I don't want people to think I wear two engagement rings on each hand!!
errrr.gif

119_1922 (2).JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OH Mara, that thin plat. diamond band is just too cool for words. What a find. Can you get a close up on that thing?
And maybe a magnifying glass for the inscription? That's asking alot isn't it?
Wow, what history.

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
kayla, i really like them together. and i think you get the "best bargain shopper" award, great find on EBAY and great find at a pawn shop
1.gif

KittyTiger

Shiny_Rock
I love the ring! It IS cute!

By the way, I changed my name to KittyTiger... hope you guys don't mind. I'm not having an identity crises or anything. or.... maybe..

j/k

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
That IS a find. Such a bright blue sapphire.
love.gif
Looks awesome on you.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results