shape
carat
color
clarity

My curvaceous palladium ArtCarved setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I wasn''t sure I was going to post pixs, but thought that since there wen''t many (if any) pictures of palladium engagement rings, I''d go ahead and post mine after all!

First, I love this setting! My stone (1.33 AGS000 H&A) was set in Blue Nile''s simple 6 prong solitare. It was great, no complaints but it was a temp setting. How long I''d have it was in question because I wasn''t actively looking for a new setting. I figured the one would jump out at me at the right time! And it did
9.gif
just much faster than I anticipated! I did find 1 at WhiteFlash that I almost pulled the trigger on, but I decided I didn''t want to send my stone through the mail. At Jared''s there was a Scott Kay platinum setting that was close, but it had surprise diamonds that I didn''t care for and it was $3,000! I almost went for it but am so glad I didn''t because for $3k, the setting would have to be 100% what I want, not 95%.

I found my setting at my local jewelers waiting for my rings to be polished. It jumped out of the case at me because it was wide, but curvy, fluid almost. I put it on and the weight of the ring was exactly what I was looking for! The saleman told me it wa palladium and I thought he HAD to be wrong because it was so heavy, nothing like the lightness I had read so many times here. Best of all, the setting was $795, plus tax, no setting fee! Way below my budget and it wa exactly what I was looking for.

The setting is ArtCarved''s ''Desiree'' and is 950 Palladium. It''s 4.5mm at the top, 3mm at the bottom. It fits totally flush with my two wedding bands!

If you got through all of that
2.gif
here are the pictures!

palladiumAC.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Warning- I did not clean my ring before (clearly I should have!) and took the pictures quickly while my son naps
4.gif

TopDownAC.JPG

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
With my 3mm platinum wedding band, in person, there is no difference between the 950 palladium and the platinum band.

ACEWDset.JPG

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the thick shank. Its so pretty. I''m glad you found a setting at a great price. I hear you about not wanting to mail your diamond, I have done it twice now! It arrived safetly both times, but its nerve wracking when its away!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:34:14 PM
Author: Maisie
I really like the thick shank. Its so pretty. I''m glad you found a setting at a great price. I hear you about not wanting to mail your diamond, I have done it twice now! It arrived safetly both times, but its nerve wracking when its away!
Thanks Maisie!! I''ve sent my old princess cut e-ring to Wf and it did arrive safely. But it took 10 days, it freaked me out and recently my dad sent something from Virginia to Arkansas and it took 3 WEEKS! That sealed the deal for me not to send it to WF. Nothing to do with them, just how it had to get there did.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
YEAH!!! Someone posted a palladium ring :) I have been waiting to see one.............. I LOVE YOUR RING!! Tell me all about the Palladium. Does it look like and feel like platinum? I want a wide band and am debating on a palladium band verse platinum to save cost but stay white like platinum.

Your DIAMOND looks wonderful in this ring.... Did you have a princess cut before??? I can''t remember... Remind me.. WOOO Tell me about your diamond...GORGEOUS!!!! Both of your bands loook GREAT!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was like this just after 3 days
32.gif

I don''t know if I would have survived for ten days!!!

You are really great at taking photos!! Your diamond is so clear!!!
36.gif

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU for posting this!! I''ve recently ordered a Palladium ring and I was really worried how it was going to turn out! It''s gorgeous!!!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
It''s very pretty and fluid! Congratulations! You have lovely hands, too!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:36:21 PM
Author: EMPTorres
WOW.. That is gorgeous. Your stone looks HUGE..
30.gif
Thank you Torres! My one worry while I waited the 3 weeks for ArtCarved to make the setting (the in store setting was for a princess cut) was that since it was pretty wide that it would make my diamond looked smaller. Quite the opposite! It makes it look much bigger than the thin setting it was in!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a bargain! Your stone looks great in it, and I like the "cathedral" feel of the profile, but yet it''s a little different. And your wedding bands fit perfectly with it. Bravo!
36.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:40:56 PM
Author: woobug02
YEAH!!! Someone posted a palladium ring :) I have been waiting to see one.............. I LOVE YOUR RING!! Tell me all about the Palladium. Does it look like and feel like platinum? I want a wide band and am debating on a palladium band verse platinum to save cost but stay white like platinum.

Your DIAMOND looks wonderful in this ring.... Did you have a princess cut before??? I can''t remember... Remind me.. WOOO Tell me about your diamond...GORGEOUS!!!! Both of your bands loook GREAT!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hi Wooooooooooooooooooooo! I love the palladium! It looks just like my platinum rings (I''m wearing it with my plain plat 3mm wedding band right now and there isn''t a stitch of difference in color!), the cost was 50% LESS than if I ordered the same ring in platinum. I did have a princess cut before but it chipped!
15.gif
Thankfully, it was insured and I decided to jump over to the round side when I replaced my stone. Square cuts are my first love in diamonds, but no one better pry my round diamond off my finger!
3.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:46:01 PM
Author: choro72
Oh, thank you, thank you, and THANK YOU for posting this!! I''ve recently ordered a Palladium ring and I was really worried how it was going to turn out! It''s gorgeous!!!
Choro- I did many searches on palladium while I waited for my setting to come in. When they set my diamond yesterday and handed it to me, I gasped! The palladium was gleaming! I absolutely love it.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:05:55 PM
Author: Ellen
Wow, what a bargain! Your stone looks great in it, and I like the ''cathedral'' feel of the profile, but yet it''s a little different. And your wedding bands fit perfectly with it. Bravo!
36.gif
Thank you Ellen!! I love cathedral settings. They always catch my eye in stores and here on PS. My first e-ring was a cathedral setting, but this time around I didn''t want the shank to arch (if that makes sense) but rather curve. Thank you again!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:12:21 PM
Author: february2003bride

Thank you Ellen!! I love cathedral settings. They always catch my eye in stores and here on PS. My first e-ring was a cathedral setting, but this time around I didn''t want the shank to arch (if that makes sense) but rather curve. Thank you again!
I''ve always loved them too, and almost went with one with this upgrade.

Enjoy your beauty, and you''re welcome!

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
i really like how liquidy it looks..like smooth and how well it flows...your stone looks great in it!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love it!
30.gif
What a gorgeous and fluid setting. It looks beautiful on your hand!

Looks great with the bands! (We're princess channel set twinkies!)

36.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your wedding bands really do go perfectly with it! Your stone looks huge in it''s new home. Congratulations on a great new setting!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful! I''m also considering palladium..glad to see there is no difference!
Congrats!
36.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 1:32:59 PM
Author: february2003bride
let me honestly say that your arrow shot is utterly gorgeous!! very nice!!! congratulations to you!
36.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Gorgeous, I love it, and it looks great with the bands too! I especially like it with the channel set band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results