shape
carat
color
clarity

My beautiful Old/New ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It all started 2 years ago when Hubby proposed to me with this ring. At the time, it was perfect, and far better than anything we could afford! I have always loved the setting, but was annoyed by a pretty big inclusion that I saw every time I looked at the ring....and although it was near a 1ct, it didn''t sparkle much.....needless to say, i finally ended up with a ring that I love and couldn''t be happier!

eringoriginal005.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
About 7 months ago, I thought changing the setting, and adding some sapphires would help ( you can see the inclusion on the left side). Once we got the new setting, I noticed there was a bigger inclusion on the side of the diamond....so we took it to our jewler who said it was cracked and chipped!!!

ering2original115.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
So thankfully, through our awesome insurance, we were able to get a new diamond. It is an EGL certified 1.00ct SI clarity and F color Ideal cut diamond. I can''t even begin to say how happy I was with this!!!!
9.gif
It sparkles all the time, and it looks perfect!

newdiamond206.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
I had always loved the orignial setting, so for our first Anniversary, I asked Hubby for my setting back. With the agreement that it wouldnt change for a long time, we changed it back, and I absolutely love how it looks!!!

newring2009.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty, but I am confused....did you put the new diamond in the old set, did you put the new diamond in the sapphire set, or did you put the old diamond back in the old set? I LOVE the sapphire 3 stone. Congratulations either way!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 12:30:38 PM
Author: AprilBaby
Very pretty, but I am confused....did you put the new diamond in the old set, did you put the new diamond in the sapphire set, or did you put the old diamond back in the old set? I LOVE the sapphire 3 stone. Congratulations either way!

All, I got the new diamond after i first changed settings, so i put it in the sapphire setting, and then wanted my old setting back...for sentimental reasons, so got that back....the sapphire ring will become our family ring (another project to look forward to
5.gif
).

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I believe she put her new diamond into her old setting.

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Your new stone is stunning. I love it in your original setting, just beautiful! Congratulations!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 2:19:36 PM
Author: beechezz
Your new stone is stunning. I love it in your original setting, just beautiful! Congratulations!

Thank you so much beechezz!!! I''m very happy with it
9.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the new diamond in your old setting, very pretty!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
You are very welcome! I have to say that new diamond looks so bright, white, and extra sparkly! Wear it in good health!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks great - love the ering mounting. I just love happy endings and yours is no exception.

Enjoy that beautiful set - the band is very pretty as well!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your band and also love the RC with sidestones
30.gif

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! Your new diamond in your old setting is very pretty! I also really liked your new setting! What kind of project will you do for the sapphire ring?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty rings.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 7:28:45 PM
Author: Luckyeshe
Gorgeous ring! Your new diamond in your old setting is very pretty! I also really liked your new setting! What kind of project will you do for the sapphire ring?

Thanks Lucky! Sapphire is my Husbands birthstone, so when we have our first child, that birthstone will go in the middle....

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
The end result is just gorgeous, although the sapphire setting is beautiful too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results