shape
carat
color
clarity

My Baby''s Asscher E-Ring ISO Wedding Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sfuffy

Rough_Rock
Here''s a couple OK shots of my fiancee''s Asscher Cut Platinum E-ring.

The rock is a 1.01 carat, H color, VS1 clarity. (thanks to Jonathan at GOG)
The baguettes are each .16 carats, F/G color, VS clarity.

Baby''s now looking at wedding rings (we''re getting married this June 7th). At first she thought about getting a plain platinum band but now thinks it looks too blah next to her bling. We stopped at a jeweler while away for the weekend and now she''s looking for a Channel-Set Asscher-Cut ring similar to this.

We liked the look of these rings next to her e-ring but we need something that has a relatively low profile and not too wide (the one she liked best was 4mm wide). The biggest issue is getting one that will sit relatively flush against her e-ring. The ones she tried on had too large a gap for her taste. The setting on her e-ring sits somewhat low because we didn''t want the stone to stick out too much.

One jeweler had suggested a customer wedding ring which was notched but that wouldn''t look good if Baby decided to wear it by itself.

Does anyone have any ideas for a complementary wedding ring? Thanks!

mrufflering.jpg

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
I think a sleek and thin WB with baguettes would look beautiful with her ER. I would love to see it with a WB with alternating round/baguettes, or even 2 baguettes/1 round. The RBs might add some serious sparkle.

Maybe something like this:
http://www.signedpieces.com/fssearch.cfm?item_category=FEB&offset=9

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
You have a beautiful ring! I agree with studyer83 on putting a thinner, sparkly band next to it. Maybe a facets shared prong with rounds?

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
If she really wants asscher eternity bands here are two I found:
http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=14

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/search.cfm?item_category=FEB&style_number_id=28

I just received my princess cut wedding band from them and it is beautiful.

But I''m not sure any band will sit flush to her band because the asscher sticks out so far from the baguettes. My solitaire is also very low since I didn''t want it to stick out too much, but only very tiny bands would be close to flush.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Just a thought.... you could get her two bands, one with a notch and one to be worn on its own.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your engagement! Your FI''s ring is beautiful.
Here''s a pic of my channel set asscher w/ my e-ring. My jeweler was able to make them sit flush against each other.

Newsetting 002.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! I really like the asscher channel set band! I wouldn''t worry about the little gap because I would really dislike a notch in the band.

luckynumber7

Shiny_Rock
just wanted to say congrats on your engagement. lovely ring by the way.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results