shape
carat
color
clarity

My 1.52ct RB in Plat Royal Crown (James Allen)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stermag

Shiny_Rock
As promised, I am posting some pics of the ring with which my boyfriend proposed to me on Saturday (03/04/06).

Both the stone and the settings are from James Allen (although the stone was virtual). The setting is a Royal Crown in 90/10 Platinum/Iridium mix. The stone is a 1.52ct, F, SI2 with an HCA of 1.8 (new AGS0).

The first two pictures have already been posted on the LIW forum, but I am not above a shameless plug :)

DSC_1545.JPG

DSC_1568.JPG

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WOW, I already loved it from the handshots but that profile is INCREDIBLE!!!
30.gif
Congratulations!!!! (again, I think? I hope I already congratulated you in your other thread!)

stermag

Shiny_Rock
And finally... (although there may be more, if I''m inspired)
9.gif

stermag4.jpg

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Thank you albicocca. I feel compelled to thank everyone for their compliments, but around here... I think it goes without saying.

It is very difficult to know you have a ring in your drawer and for three months to be unable to wear it or share it with the very people who helped in making your ultimate decision (regarding the ring, not the boy).
9.gif

No matter how many pictures I take of this thing, I always walk away thinking "hmmm, there must be a way to take a better one". I guess such is the nature of diamonds - their symmetry is more easily camptured and undoubtedly beautiful, but the brilliance and fire are much more elusive to the camera.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I AM IN LOVE!!!! Wow! That is stunning! I''m a fellow James Allen client and am in the market for a new solitaire setting, and I think I need to know more about yours. :) (the one he custom-made for me is beautiful but I''m finding that the prongs get loose easily) Is yours an "inspired by Vatche RC" custom job, or did he actually order the setting from Vatche?

Is there any way that you can take a close-up head-on shot of your stunner? I''d like to see how the prongs appear looking straight down onto the diamond. I''d also love to know about pricing. How can we communicate privately on this? (boy, do I miss PMs around here!)

Congratulations Stermag, on the amazing ring and on your impending marriage! (And I LOVE your avatar!)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
LOVE it LOVE it LOVE it!!! royal crowns are the best!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 6:38:41 PM
Author: KristyDarling
I AM IN LOVE!!!! Wow! That is stunning! I''m a fellow James Allen client and am in the market for a new solitaire setting, and I think I need to know more about yours. :) (the one he custom-made for me is beautiful but I''m finding that the prongs get loose easily) Is yours an ''inspired by Vatche RC'' custom job, or did he actually order the setting from Vatche?

Is there any way that you can take a close-up head-on shot of your stunner? I''d like to see how the prongs appear looking straight down onto the diamond. I''d also love to know about pricing. How can we communicate privately on this? (boy, do I miss PMs around here!)

Congratulations Stermag, on the amazing ring and on your impending marriage! (And I LOVE your avatar!)
Kristy that is the actual Vatche Royal Crown...a branded setting. I think it runs under $1500 for solitaire? You can look online for pricing estimates.

I''d love to see head down and further shots as well Sterm..I love the RC.

Kristy, PreciousJewels has a 3c in a Vatche RC and it''s STUNNING. I didn''t know you were having issues with the prongs...will that change with just changing the head? Or do your prongs need to be reworked possibly?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Mara. Good info. I don''t want to hijack Stermag''s thread but in short, yes -- last week I had my prongs tightened because my stone was slightly loose. But yesterday, I gave my ring a good whack (accidentally of course) and the prongs are loose again -- this time, I can actually turn my stone around in the prongs! I think the prongs are a bit too thin and delicate. I''m also considering one of Leon''s double claw prong solitaires. Stermag''s RC rocks my world, though!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2006 7:05:21 PM
Author: KristyDarling
Thanks, Mara. Good info. I don''t want to hijack Stermag''s thread but in short, yes -- last week I had my prongs tightened because my stone was slightly loose. But yesterday, I gave my ring a good whack (accidentally of course) and the prongs are loose again -- this time, I can actually turn my stone around in the prongs! I think the prongs are a bit too thin and delicate. I''m also considering one of Leon''s double claw prong solitaires. Stermag''s RC rocks my world, though!
I don''t want to hijack either, but just wanted to say that I would totally put your big honker in a 6 prong....I think that it would protect it more to have the 6 prongs on it than 4 prongs. If you are a hand wacker (I am too sometimes and get my prongs tightened 1-2 times a year) then those large stones are just so exposed on the girdles with 4 prongs. I am definitely doing 6 prong on my upgrade!! Also that way if you lose a prong then you have 5 others instead of just 3. Esp for your 3.5c!!

Okay done now, back to regularly scheduled programming, Sterm your ring looks FABULOUS!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
That is one gorgeous setting and a killer diamond!!! Thanks for sharing on this forum. Congratulations Sterm!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Stermag!! It''s simply stunning and looks wonderful on your hand. I love the Royal Crown - Congratulations
21.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
that is one sparkly diamond! What are the specs if you don''t mind me asking???

stermag

Shiny_Rock
Diamondsrock,

Table: 56%
Depth: 61.1%
Crown angle: 34.9
Pav angle: 40.9

As previously noted, it''s an F, SI2
Light performance, proportion factors and finish are all ideal (0) according to the new AGS report.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! One of my all time favorite solitaire settings! The stone rocks too!
1.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, Stermag!
36.gif
Your ring is gorgeous, love the setting! Hope we get to see your preferences in wedding bands to go with it, too!
9.gif

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring. I love that setting............
emlove.gif

And the stone looks great, too!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Stermag- I love your ring.
It really looks beautiful.
Those rc settings are so classic.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh! Congrats on your engagement! I love your ring. Very elegant. You also take beautiful photos. Wow!!! They are perfect.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stermag
35.gif

congrats,beautiful e-ring!!!
30.gif
10.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Stermag, It''s a perfect ring!! Congrats!!! MORE PICS!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
wow! thats a beautiful ring!! and yes, more pics please!!

wat size is ur finger?? that beauty looks HUUUGEE on you!!
emotion-20.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stermag,

It''s absolutely beautiful. Congratulations!! I love that setting and it looks so great on your hand[beautiful hands by the way]. I didn''t read all of the replies so I''m sorry if this is a repeat but do you know what kind of a band you are going to wear with it?

stermag

Shiny_Rock
msb, I wear a size 5 but these pictures were taken before the ring was resized ... so, as pictured, it''s still a size 6.

Catmom, I honestly have not given much thought to the wedding band yet, apart from the fact that I''d like something with diamonds in it, perhaps an eternity type band. When we were looking at settings, I oscillated between a simple solitaire and something with side stones. In the end, I decided on the RC. I realize I probably won''t be able to find anything that''ll sit flush with the ering, but this doesn''t bother me too much.

Kristy, I tried to respond to your post and even made the faux pas of posting my email address (which the admin quickly removed). Personally, I think that, the larger the diamond, the better it would look in a Royal Crown. I really do adore the setting, but think that the ratio of diamond to metal in a stone your size would be wonderful. I hope I''m making sense. Also, with regards to the setting itself - it was $1100.00 + 100.00 because we requested a 90/10 Plat/Iridium mix.

More pictures to come, I promise. Just need to get my head around a few things at work first. :)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Because I am a shameless large stone loving RC whore and stermag mentioned larger stones looking fab in the RC setting, I dug out this image of Precious Jewels' 3c honker with a WF eternity ring...my god I just salivate wildly every time I see this image...ya think I like it? hehe.

Kristy, imagine your monster in this RC setting, it's even larger than PJ's. I seriously think I'd pass out and drown in my own sea of drool.

PJ with WF ering.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2006 3:29:37 PM
Author: Mara
Because I am a shameless large stone loving RC whore and stermag mentioned larger stones looking fab in the RC setting, I dug out this image of Precious Jewels'' 3c honker with a WF eternity ring...my god I just salivate wildly every time I see this image...ya think I like it? hehe.

Kristy, imagine your monster in this RC setting, it''s even larger than PJ''s. I seriously think I''d pass out and drown in my own sea of drool.
come to think of it; PJ broke one of DF''s carat size rules.
Her round is a 3ct but her finger size is only 2 1/2 (I think) He he- according to his calculations PJ shouldn''t have gone
bigger than 1 1/2 carats!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, your solitare is beautiful, looks lovely on your hand!! Also have to say love the cat pic..lol
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results