Post by OCmom3xboys » April 12th, 2011, 3:43 pm
About 5 weeks ago, I had a birthday and DH surprised me with a very beautiful pendant to match my blue saphire ring. (here's my thread on it: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/show-me-the-ring/december-s-blue-t153405.html). He had bought it at our jeweler that we've been going to for almost 6 years now. DH did say that I could trade it for something else if I wanted. I have worn my blue saphire ring probably about 4 times in the past 3 years and I was thinking that this beautiful pendant will sit in the safe just like the ring.

I have a pair of princess studs that I wear everyday and I was thinking, how about a new pair of earrings for my 2nd hole. I did recall seeing threads on huggies during the holidays on PS. Thanks for canukgal's thread, I was convinced to get 10 pointers huggies just like hers. And that morning I was going to order my huggies, jill_s posted her new 20 pointers huggies. I called IDJ for a quote, and unfortunately the 20 pointers were a lot more than I wanted to spend. Just like lbbaber, I have shopped around. So I asked my jeweler to make me a pair with 15 pointers (I figure if I ordered 10 pointers, I would have wished for 20 pointers) set in 14 carat white gold (not as heavy as 18 carat wg).

So it has been 3 weeks and my huggies are ready!!! Jeweler told me that he ended up making my huggies bigger that 15 pointers, so I was thinking 17 or 18 pointers. YAY! I did ended up with 20 pointers after all!

Presenting my new huggies: F/G color, eye clean SI1, 20 pointers set in 14 carat white gold
Attachments
EarShots.JPG
EarShots.JPG (130.77 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
DimeInBetween.jpg
DimeInBetween.jpg (252.98 KiB) Viewed 1359 times
Huggies2CTW.JPG
Huggies2CTW.JPG (129.33 KiB) Viewed 1359 times