shape
carat
color
clarity

Milestone gift in the making!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Hello All,
Been away for so long but despite being busy, all is well and good AND I'm just about to put a deposit on a ring remake. I would love any and all opinions please!!
Below is a photo of the current ring, I'm adding 3 round stones to alternate round and princess stones for a total of 7 altogether! The current stones are a decent size; .30 ct and F color. I'm leaning towards putting a micro pave on either side too. Here's the decision: sapphires are an option too. I love sapphires and it's my son's birthstone plus I wear a lot of blue!! My husband thinks I should go for maximum impact and stick to diamonds! Do share your thoughts and your opinions!
Thank you and Happy New Year!!

_25779.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Why did you decide to add round stones instead of three additional princess cut stones? Are you doing a channel set band? Do you have an inspiration photo? You have really nice white princess stones in a setting style that I like. Why the change?

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Hi Mikla,
I appreciate your time and your opinion. I have some inspiration photos and I hope they help with getting others to chime in too. I saw an alternating eternity band on an aquaintance many years ago and I just never forgot how lovely it was. I love the sparkle of a well cut brilliant diamond as well. Also, they are a bit cheaper than same size princess cut stones.
The ring would be a half-eternity on me as my fingers are barely a size 4. It would be completely prong set and not channel set. We saved up for this upgrade and my only hope is that I don't regret not getting the sapphire version or the diamond version depending on which I go for.
The jeweller who is making it has shown me awesome versions of both. If I could I would seriously get one of each!!! Ha! :naughty:

emerald_and_diamond_seven_stone_ring.jpg

alternating-princess-and-round-01.jpg

eternity_with_pave_2.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go for sapphires b/c, in a prong setting, the alternating round and princess cuts look a little incongruous to me due of the difference in shape between the round and square diamonds. If you said you would have them in a channel setting, I would have gone with round diamonds in between the princess cuts. Ach, just my 2c. Go with what you like. It will be fabulously blingy either way with a size 4 finger.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1420424221|3811870 said:
I would go for sapphires b/c, in a prong setting, the alternating round and princess cuts look a little incongruous to me due of the difference in shape between the round and square diamonds. If you said you would have them in a channel setting, I would have gone with round diamonds in between the princess cuts. Ach, just my 2c. Go with what you like. It will be fabulously blingy either way with a size 4 finger.
I agree with this. I think you need something to emphasize the difference between the stones.

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your time and opinions. We are going a week Thursday to give the jeweler the final specs and initial deposit. When I read your responses I was exactly sure that I would go with sapphires but the more time I spend on the internet the less sure I am.
Here's another question for you knowledgeable jewellery people out there: Does a princess cut sapphire perform as well as a round one? The jeweler assured me that only premium stones would be procured for me to decide on so if square ones will sparkle as well then it might resolve the incongruity of square and round set side by side???
First world problems, I know. Just humor me - I have a ton of work to do and can barely spare anymore time on jewellery decisions, regardless of how great a work- avoidance project such decisions might be.
Thanks again.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sapphire and diamonds will sparkle differently. Round and princesses will also sparkly differently. With sapphires, princess cuts are much less common, it would be more likely to get

I found these whilst browsing the net, what do you think?

Like this but with your larger princess diamonds prong set as kites:

or like this with slightly smaller sapphires? I know yours would be alternating the other way around with four diamonds and three sapphires:

or this: Having princess sapphire or diamond baguettes between the diamond princesses (prongs not channel): As you have tiny ringers this would give you some spacing options if you find 7 .3ct princesses too wide for your finger.

platinum-ring-with-diamond-and-sapphire.jpg

par31s-500x500.jpg

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
While I'm a colorful person, I think in jewelry, nothing can top a ring full of diamonds! All diamonds will be so much more of an impact and WoW factor.

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
chel180|1420618436|3812904 said:
Sapphire and diamonds will sparkle differently. Round and princesses will also sparkly differently. With sapphires, princess cuts are much less common, it would be more likely to get

I found these whilst browsing the net, what do you think?

Like this but with your larger princess diamonds prong set as kites:

or like this with slightly smaller sapphires? I know yours would be alternating the other way around with four diamonds and three sapphires:

or this: Having princess sapphire or diamond baguettes between the diamond princesses (prongs not channel): As you have tiny ringers this would give you some spacing options if you find 7 .3ct princesses too wide for your finger.

Ooooh 1 and 2 are gorgeous!!! And very unique :love: !!!

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I never for a second considered putting my princess stones on pointe!!! So now I'm visualizing round sapphires between the princess diamonds that are set like kites. All 7 stones would be about .30 pt and the edge would be in micro pave!
See the inspiration/madness photo above, of the all-diamond eternity with pave.

I think we're on to something here! I'm pretty hyped. Also, another reason I harbor for wanting some colored stones in this ring is that I have a diamond right hand ring that I wear daily. The .54 center is flanked with 2 x .12 pt baguettes on either side. However, I do agree that nothing makes a statement like all an all out diamond extravaganza!!

Oh boy! And here I go again.

:appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imitcan|1420669163|3813164 said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I never for a second considered putting my princess stones on pointe!!! So now I'm visualizing round sapphires between the princess diamonds that are set like kites. All 7 stones would be about .30 pt and the edge would be in micro pave!
See the inspiration/madness photo above, of the all-diamond eternity with pave.

ARE YOU OK WITH HOLES IN THE SPACES WITH THE KITE SET PRINCESSES?

I think we're on to something here! I'm pretty hyped. Also, another reason I harbor for wanting some colored stones in this ring is that I have a diamond right hand ring that I wear daily. The .54 center is flanked with 2 x .12 pt baguettes on either side. However, I do agree that nothing makes a statement like all an all out diamond extravaganza!!

Oh boy! And here I go again.

:appl:

I totally forgot I have a diamond and sapphire half eternity. Round diamonds and princess sapphires. I think the space is minor, but I would have preferred no spaces at all.
image_761.jpg

imitcan

Shiny_Rock
I love your half eternity LLJ'smom!! It is so beautiful. How do you forget you have a piece like that??

You make an excellent point about the spaces between the stones, specifically between kite-set princess stones and round sapphires. I will discuss this aspect with the jeweler before making any final decisions. I could tolerate tiny spaces between the square and round stones, though. Your preference for no spaces is because of the aesthetics or is there another reason? Does it get very dirty in those spaces?

In your photo you have your half eternity flanked by the thinner diamond bands and I love that look. You give me something more to think about: namely whether I want to have the pave bands made separately instead of part of the ring. Then I could wear them in different ways as well??? I currently wear my solitaire ER with just a plain gold band....

LLJ'smom, would you be so kind to let me know how many stones are in your half eternity and what size your finger is? Also how big are the diamonds and sapphires? I'm trying to get a visual of the sort of ring I could end up with. And if you could post more photos of your ring, I would be so appreciative.

Thank you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
imitcan|1420766073|3813807 said:
I love your half eternity LLJ'smom!! It is so beautiful. How do you forget you have a piece like that??

You make an excellent point about the spaces between the stones, specifically between kite-set princess stones and round sapphires. I will discuss this aspect with the jeweler before making any final decisions. I could tolerate tiny spaces between the square and round stones, though. Your preference for no spaces is because of the aesthetics or is there another reason? Does it get very dirty in those spaces?

In your photo you have your half eternity flanked by the thinner diamond bands and I love that look. You give me something more to think about: namely whether I want to have the pave bands made separately instead of part of the ring. Then I could wear them in different ways as well??? I currently wear my solitaire ER with just a plain gold band....

LLJ'smom, would you be so kind to let me know how many stones are in your half eternity and what size your finger is? Also how big are the diamonds and sapphires? I'm trying to get a visual of the sort of ring I could end up with. And if you could post more photos of your ring, I would be so appreciative.

Thank you!
imitican, I wear a 4.5 and the diamonds are about 15-20 pointers. Sapphires picked to match the size of the diamonds for the ring. If I could do it over I would somehow manage a full eternity. I hate the twisting. I hate seeing metal. I don't like spaces. I want to see all bling.I would definitely get the pave eternity bands separately, not all in one piece. This allows more flexibility? However if you like a hefty bling statement piece that you wear together all the time get it as one piece. Just look up my post.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-reset-into-sapphire-and-diamond-band.194525/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results