shape
carat
color
clarity

Meet DAISY the 2 Carat Pear

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Meet Daisy! I named her that because her shape reminds me of a daisy petal, the petals you pick off the daisy when you say "He loves me, he loves me not, . . . ". In this case, she is the first petal, the "He loves me" one. :bigsmile: She's a 2.00 carat GIA I SI2, with a G color halo. She's completely eye clean, and I have looked at her VERY closely. I like that there is almost no bowtie.

The long story: I decided I wanted a big diamond, for a big scary birthday, to wear as an e-ring. I started by looking at ovals, because they face up large for the weight. I already have an emerald cut and a round cut, in different rings, so I wanted something different. I actually purchased an oval, a 1.75 D SI3 from a local store, right around the 8mmx 10mm size I was looking for. Unfortunately, it was an EGL stone and after a couple of days, my eye got stuck on a feather and wouldn't let go. That's all I saw. I'm pretty sure an EGL SI3 is the same as a GIA I1 or even I2, and I wouldn't recommend it. :razz: The store had a no refund policy, but they did have a 100% credit toward upgrade (thank goodness!), no minimum amount required, so I decided to try that. I searched PS and they ordered in a couple of ovals, but they were a bit smaller than the original, and I asked them what else they had. My only real criteria was "big as I could afford". :naughty:

They brought out various stones and rings, and then they brought out Daisy. The size was right, at almost 7mm wide, and just over 11 mm tall. With the tiny halo, it was just a little bit extra and the thin band made the stone look bigger. I wasn't considering a pear, but I like that you don't see a pear everyday, and it's more of an antique cut, like some piece of royal treasure from the 1800's. DH called it "tear-shaped" and I say yes, this birthday was also a good time to look back at the tears of joy I've had over the years.

So, without further ado, the pictures!

_27810.jpg

_27811.jpg

boxpic.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
In some lights the I color comes out, contrasting the G halo, and in others the medium fluorescence (barely) shows up. Lots of reflections in the photos. I see white about 90% of the time.

Last of the blurry pictures . . . :rolleyes:

porch.jpg

_27812.jpg

_27813.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, very nice shape appeal and length to width ratio.
Wear it in good health. :appl:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the finger coverage on you! :love:

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock
This is truly gorgeous! You picked a beauty of a pear, especially the very indiscreet bow tie. Congrats and Happy Birthday!!! :wavey:

UrsTx

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a pear fan in general but I LOOOOVE a pear in a halo. And yours is beautiful!! Congrats! :love:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ILander, Your ring is gorgeous. I also love that you don't see pears as often as other cuts. Yours in so elegant!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful! Finger coverage for days :bigsmile:

I hope this helped the birthday whammie :lol:

Great pics, thank you!!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Daisy is very pretty. A nice drop shape. Love that it has no bow tie :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!!
Thanks for sharing 2 cts of gorgeousness and perfection. I love the beautiful shape of your pear :love:

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Pears were my first love and yours is gorgeous. Happy birthday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander, I LOVE Daisy. She is GORGEOUS and the setting is beautiful too! :love: Elegant and she makes a statement when she enters a room. Get used to all eyes being on the lovely Miss Daisy and on you. Beautiful. :appl:

One day I hope to have a pear diamond as lovely as Daisy is. Thank you for sharing her with us and a very happy birthday to you!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love :love:

And its refreshing to see a halo with no outer edge & millgrain. I love the scalloped edge the small diamonds provide :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Happy big scary birthday (I know all about those)! And what a way to celebrate. That is an exquisite stone and the setting is just lovely. The finger coverage is excellent and it looks so pretty on your hand.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, each birthday is getting scarier for me, too! :-o Nothing like a little bling to soothe the pain!

This is beautiful! :love: Such a lovely shaped pear!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haahaaa! I totally agree with Diamondseeker.
Bling does tend to soothe the pain of milestone birthdays.. at least a little bit. :lol:
Your ring is gorgeous!!! The halo is just perfect! :appl:
Enjoy and Happy Birthday. :wavey:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday, ILander! I love pears and yours is just stunning. :appl: :appl: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with DS - nothing like a little bling to make a birthday easier to bear!

Your ring is beautiful - I love the shape of the pear and it provides lovely finger coverage. Wear her in the best of health and enjoy it!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday iLander!!! I hope that this eases you thru the scary part of the event!

Your pear is totally TDF!! LOVE the size and the presence is kick ass AWESOME on your hand - beautiful halo, love the size, the colour is fabulous and I'm totally jealous!! You chose well, iLander!! Enjoy!!

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that's beautiful. I hope one day to have a pear that gorgeous too.

I love the ratio and the shape of this pear. That's not easy to find at all - and minimal bowtie! That's like a needle.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's gorgeous, Ilander! Happy Birthday! I really LOVE your ring! I think pears are wonderful. They looks so beautiful and graceful on the finger.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daisy is lovely! What a beautiful ring...of course I am partial to pears! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results