shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Mahenge spinel in it's new halo setting

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to all in the CS forum who helped me with this ring from helping me find a vendor, to tweaking the CADS. I have had this ring for a while now, but have been so busy I have not had time to put it up.

I have had this beautiful pink spinel from Swala for a couple years. I had to put all my big jewelry projects on hold, and so I was unable to set it the way I really wanted to. This was the year I could finally pull it off. I have always wanted a micro pave halo ring, and of all my colored stones, I felt this was the perfect one. I decided to go with Engagement Rings Direct (ERD) because they were able to make me a custom pice and had very reasonable prices, which allowed me to keep this setting in my budget.

Overall, they were fairly easy to work with. The positives were they they were responsive to my e-mails, very responsive to my calls. They spent lots of time with me figuring out the sizing. They made shipping the stone and receiving the ring very easy for me. The CADs were wonderful. And they sent me a nice picture of the stone when it was finished. What impressed me the most was the time they took to figure out the appraisal. Chris was certain my stone was worth more than I paid for it. He went and got help from someone who knew colored stones, and Eric, from Swala, was kind enough to give us some input (It has been almost 3 years since I have contacted him so I thought that was wonderful).

To be fair, I have two things that I did not like. One is little. I did not get a timeline of the process when I asked for it. I kind of had to guess when things would be done based on other projects. In fairness, they did complete it in the window quoted by the website. The second one is kind of a bigger deal. They did not make the ring exactly to my specs. I had asked for the ring with no diamonds on the prongs that hold the stone. The photo they sent me did not have a profile view, so when I opened the ring, I saw the stones there. I immediately e-mailed the company, with the quote from the e-mail requesting that that area be left plain, and simply asked what happened. I received a response stating they would need to look into it, but than got nothing. Now I know I should have called, but honestly I got so busy with work and getting ready for twins, I put it off, and than just decided it is not worth the time being I do not have it. The diamonds are so small, and you rarely see that part of the ring, I don't think it is worth sending back for a redo. I am just a little disappointed in the lack of response being it was a custom project.

But I do like the ring, and I think the setting has really enhanced the color of the stone for the better. It does not "wash out" anymore in certain lightings, and is always a nice bright pink.

Post to the original CAD images
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/mahenge-spinal-ring-cad-opinions.188476/

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
The stone: Mehenge pink spinel 1.71 cts 8x3mm by 6x5mm

The setting: "Ada" micropave halo, platinum. 1.9 mm shank. Size 5.75. It is just over 3/4 of a circle, with a sizing bar on the bottom.

Vendor pics: Shows off the setting, I would not call the color accurate...

_7439.jpg

_7440.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
My pics, I tried to get different days and lightings. These are just iphone pics, but I iphone has come a long way in terms of its camera.

ETA: It appears PS is muting my colors. So disappointed :nono:.

spinalonenvelope.jpg

fussyspinel.jpg

spinelovercast.jpg

himni

Shiny_Rock
what a beauty! :love: , love the color and the setting is spectacular, they do great work.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. Love the color.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's so beautiful!!!!

D

Deactivated member 42515

I saw mahenge, spinel, and halo in one sentence and had to click!!!

Beautiful! I love it!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful, amazing Spinel and the setting shows it off very well.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its really lovely...the color...the prongs :love:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh lovely!!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely adore this ring. It reminds me very much of Harrinett's mehenge spinel in a similar setting!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous! It is such a beautiful colour!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love this - gorgeous stone, and looks so pretty combined with the white diamonds, really makes the color pop - such a beautiful setting, too - those prongs are yummy! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY WORD!!! It is splendid, from the stone to the design, to the pointy prongs, to the setting. The entire package is fantastic. Thank you for sharing such a beauty with us. I am sorry that it isn't exactly what you wanted but your ring is still sensational. :love:

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I love having the ring. It is my first color stone that I have been able to put into a setting like this.

Chrono - I am happy with how the ring turned out as a whole. I felt like I had to say something about what happened with the struts, being we talked so much about the design. But honestly, the underside diamonds are so little, that it does not give the ring an overall over the top blingy look which is what I was trying to avoid. And the profile view is near impossible to see, you have to be at a weird angle. On a more positive note, the diamonds really do sparkle. More so than my pave leon band. I am not sure if it because of the diamonds themselves or because the pave is different. But I am very impressed with how "crisp" the diamonds look. And I love the proportions of the halo to the stone (I know that is something they spent time figuring out as well).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Incredible!! That saturation is outstanding --- I could fall deep into the depths of that colour, be wrapped in its beauty and be filled with joy!! Its a "happy ring" when I look at it - bling is outstanding, those claw prongs are totally TDF ( and I love me some good claw prongs....!) but the spinel --- :love: :lickout: ... followed by a complete drool-fest!!!

While it didn't start the way you wanted it to, you'll be able to enjoy the beauty of it for years and years to come and the hiccups along the way will be forgotten.

I'm so jealous!! Enjoy - its AMAZING!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous ring! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just read the thread in Colored Stones which sent me here to see the finished product: instant gratification! Wow!!! That is a huge stone and it is set simply beautifully. All the time you spent on it was really worth it. It looks fantastic-and enormous-on your hand! I am glad you posted a picture of it on your right hand, too!

Wear it in good health!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results