shape
carat
color
clarity

Mah Precious - 2.88 OEC in Edwardian Platinum Ring

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Any of you who have seen me around these parts know that I've been through a number of rings in the past few years. Everything that I learned through this site, and all of the incredible collectors on here, have helped me to refine my taste. At a point when I wasn't even looking, I came across my perfect ring, something Adam at OWD pulled out totally by chance. It's a 2.88 carat OEC, GIA-certified L/VS1 (though it faces up so, so white) set in an original Edwardian platinum mounting, set with tiny single cuts. I'm dazzled by this ring every day and feel so lucky to have found it.

photo_740.jpg

photo_741.jpg

photo_742.jpg

photo_743.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! :love: I love all of the intricate details on the setting, too! Congrats!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a magnificent ring!!! The center stone is stunning and I am amazed by the intricate details of the setting :love:
Please post as many pics as you possibly can!!

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
k_darling|1403451494|3698587 said:
Any of you who have seen me around these parts know that I've been through a number of rings in the past few years. Everything that I learned through this site, and all of the incredible collectors on here, have helped me to refine my taste. At a point when I wasn't even looking, I came across my perfect ring, something Adam at OWD pulled out totally by chance. It's a 2.88 carat OEC, GIA-certified L/VS1 (though it faces up so, so white) set in an original Edwardian platinum mounting, set with tiny single cuts. I'm dazzled by this ring every day and feel so lucky to have found it.

Incredible ring! You have a great eye. I love that you preserved the integrity of the stone with a vintage setting instead of creating one. Smart move that helps you preserve value too. HUGE fan of that! would love to know the dimensions of your stone-- it has fantastic spread! Would love more pictures too. Congrats to you!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Thanks mom2boys, fancygems, acinom and just ginger! RandG, stats are: 8.94 - 9.18 - 5.69, table 48%, depth 62.8%.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! Even the side profile doesn't show warmth. A rare L indeed :appl:

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring. I would love to have an Edwardian ring like yours. So happy you found such a beauty! :appl: :appl: :appl:

mayday

Rough_Rock
Your ring could not be more perfect. The faceting on the OEC is so delicate and crisp. The color of the 2.88 is to die for. The setting is so lovely, the light catching the milgrain all around, bouncing light off more surfaces than just the single cuts, like a 3D kaleidoscope. It's an Edwardian wonder. I'm so happy for you to have found this beauty!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Mesmerizing :love: :love: :love: :love:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning! :love: :love: :love: I love all of your gorgeous pictures! Keep them coming!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's absolutely gorgeous and the setting is perfection!! :love:

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!! I absolutely love the setting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
k darling, thank you for posting your pics of this amazing ring! :love:
Gorgeous in every way. The faceting, the setting all :love: :love: :love:

Please continue posting more pics. Pretty please. :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, beautiful stone & setting and it's a nice big size too :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely beautiful stone in an amazing setting! :love: Congratulations!

elle

Shiny_Rock
Such a beautiful stone! Love the original setting - so pretty and intricate!

missymoo

Shiny_Rock
These pictures are unreal!!! This is perfection!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

k_darling|1403458799|3698652 said:
Thank you, thecat, derbygal and calliecake! A few more pics.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is just gorgeous k_darling! :love: :love: What a winner - beautiful stone, amazing setting - it's devine!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
This is beyond the beyond!!! Fantastic! I'm so happy the ring found you - and you were smart enough to snatch it right up. It's stunning.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1403484045|3698887 said:
Wow this is just gorgeous k_darling! :love: :love: What a winner - beautiful stone, amazing setting - it's devine!

Too late to edit - I meant divine - how dumb! :oops:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing! Its in pristine condition. Just exquisite. Congrats on the find!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful! It does look very white. I wonder if it's because I'm used to seeing EGL Ls rather than GIA Ls? The setting is stunning too, and I love it stacked with the yellow gold ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results