shape
carat
color
clarity

Low profile 4-prong solitaire thinner band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
If I''m looking for a low-set four prong solitaire with a thinner band then Vatche'' (I think they''re 4mm) what do you recommend? I''d like it in either 18K white or platinum. I don''t mind a knife edge but I do not want a tapered band.

Please show pics too!

Thinking of a regent for a center stone.

Kat123

Rough_Rock
Well if you can afford the premium, the Cartier Solitaire 1895 is just breathtaking. It is a beautiful low set, 4 prong setting that really shows off the stone. It does have a slightly tapered band but I think that it really pulls the whole piece together. I looked at it a few weeks ago in person and the band width was about 1.5 mm (the girl didn''t know off the top of her head the exact size). She said that it does come in different widths, depending on the size of the stone or if you make a request for a specific band size. Overall the setting is very balanced and delicate. I will to try to attach some pictures that I have (sorry, I don''t remember where I found them and the dim pictures really detract from the actual beauty of the setting). Let’s see if this works, I’ve never posted pics before. I''m hoping to one day have my own custom e-ring modeled after this one
20.gif

Kat123Cartier.jpg

Kat123

Rough_Rock
And a hand pic. Again, I don''t remember where I found these pics but I would just like to say that I think the ring is beautiful and I hope that whoever owns it doesn''t mind me showing it off for them
26.gif

Kat123Cartier3.jpg

Kat123

Rough_Rock
Oops! That posted a lot bigger than I thought it would. I hope this is helps northstar!

phillygrl

Rough_Rock
I have a Vatche comfort fit x-prong in platinum and I love it. I work in a lab so I wear gloves all day and it''s always comfortable to wear at work. The band is only about 2.5mm, not large at all. I would reconsider or at least go try one on. There are several retailers who sell Vatche settings including JE Caldwell & Co. (phila area).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results