shape
carat
color
clarity

Look What Fedex Brought

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rockaddict

Rough_Rock
3 "LIL" CUSHIONS - ONE FAB RING

My DH & I married for 30 years - set out to buy three stone... After reading this site I happened upon GOG and after MUCH exploring (that man has a phenomenal mind for educating us lesser mortals!) saw and awesome video of this FVS1 0.78ct ex ex table = 54% depth = 63.7% colour = F Cushion = 5.7mmx5.4mm. I loved the idea of something different so bought it. Immediately after pushing the button I panicked - we are in UK and would be visiting NY a month later just inside the GOG return policy window - would it all be OK????? No worry, JON confirmed what was on the site and also offered to change it for anything he had in stock when we called (asschers or three rounds even) - but was confident it would sell itself.... This was not what I originally set out to get - did so want a three stone - Still JON is CALM so I decided not to worry, forget about it and enjoy the cruise (I know - spoilt brat!) until I could see it for real. Either it would say TAKE ME HOME or somehow JON would sort it! Sooo reassuring....

29 Days pass and we arrive - JON has lots of toys to show the stone in its full glory but I'd already decided I would love or hate it. My eyes have to LOOK at it in every day circumstances - we do not all walk around with an optical lab in our bag....

WELL - it was LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT - the only tool we really used was the diamond dock and extreme magnification (large wall mounted display driven from his microscope). I wanted to see the inclusions but by now I wasn't going to waste time because he has nothing to hide. If JON has a LIFETIME buy-back guarantee on the stone the work has BEEN DONE - here is a vendor who goes the extra mile, does not give you a load of earache and EARNS the sale. Look at the web site - it is a whole Phd in itself! BUT WAIT....

Enter MARIE - I had commented about setting out for a three stone - but now the cushion had changed my mind. She brought out a pair of 0.25ct SQUARE H&A G/H VS that "had been sitting on her desk waiting for ideas". She put them next to the 0.78 and it was a KNOCK OUT... "Wow" said JON and voila my three stone was born with Cushions..... Never would have thought of this combination.... Appraisal NO - why would I when it was GORGEOUS, I liked it anyway and JON and his toys left nothing hidden.... They seemed very honest in every respect and also patient especially when it came to the setting.

I had intended to get them set in the UK but lack of any way to insure against damage during setting led me to having JON arrange it where it was covered. When I tried on one setting MARIE was there NO NOT GOOD! Lovely to hear a woman’s opinion. She was so patient and I tried on what seemed like every setting they had - the visit took almost all day. Even arranged for me to get photos of the set ring BEFORE it was shipped so we were 100% happy......

NEXT freaked out over the delivery to UK - import duty, tax, customs etc - more re-assurances which proved to be right but beware of a quirk we found in the Fedex machine.... In spite of GOG adding our phone number to the shipping papers Fedex seemed unable to read and after a weeks delay when we chased them they were just about to write to us as "they could not find our number in the phone book" (we are not in it).... Once resolved it arrived next day without trouble....

Would I use GOG again? - ABSOLUTELY... JON thanks to you and your great team including the lovely lady who took us to the station.....

Would I feel the need to inspect it myself? - NO, JON can do that and as above will always post pictures/videos if you are serious. I am not usually this trusting but then in the world of jewellery it is RARE indeed to find an EDUCATOR and from my experience an honest SALESMAN.................

Pictures courtesy of GOG below and in next posts

SMACu78FVS1_1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope and what a FABULOUS ring, Jon does it again!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!

I''m going to pull your other pictures into this thread. To keep a post in here, just click the reply button up at the top.
1.gif
SMACu78FVS1_2.jpg

SMACu78FVS1_3.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beeeeautiful, congrats!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is gorgeous!!!
30.gif
I love the idea of using the square hearts and arrows stones beside a cushion!! And I'll certainly agree than Jon is a very special person.

Oh, and happy 30th anniversary!!! That is when I got my new diamond as well!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its lovely! Congratulations on your anniversary
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
OOh lovely! Do you have any handshots yet?

I love the cut on those cushions. Just yummy!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty.

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations

Dear G-d...are you Jon''s new PR woman?

Hi Jon
35.gif

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely!!!!
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful combination. I''d like to see hand shots when you get the ring.

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful!
30.gif
30.gif
More pictures are a must. Congrats on your anniversary and on this gorgeous new addition!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on a beautiful new ring and your 30th anniversary!
36.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring! Loved the story. Congratulations on your 30th!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW!! It''s stunning, and I loved reading your story. Congrats on your 30th!!! Enjoy!!
30.gif
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring! Congratulations on being married for 30 years
36.gif

rockaddict

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/4/2008 4:00:16 PM
Author: musey
OOh lovely! Do you have any handshots yet?

I love the cut on those cushions. Just yummy!
OK, Here are a couple of hand shots. Our camera is not that great in Macro mode......

Many thanks to you and all the other respondents for the nice comments.....

As for being JON''s PR person - would love to if paid in kind! The truth is that we had a very good experience.....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

safinger.jpg

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I love the combo. SO glad you had such a good experience with GOG and Jon! He''s such a great guy! Congrats on the ring, it''s soooo pretty! You can''t go wrong with a cushion!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results