shape
carat
color
clarity

Leon Mege ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
cushion center stone, round diamonds, platinum
23.gif

r875_004Ww.jpg

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of the center stone but not the setting - I''m a solitaire girl so less is more for me

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with Londongirl less is more, but it is a beautiful ring
1.gif

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I love that ring. Any handshots yet?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2009 10:29:21 PM
Author: LostSapphire
ETA: Is this the OP''s ring, or???

LS

no.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/5/2009 11:44:19 PM
Author: arjunajane

LS

no.

Maybe I am wrong, but should random images that don''t belong to the OP be posted in a gallery instead? Or maybe the EyeCandy thread?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 6:52:07 AM
Author: LamborghiniGirl

LS

no.

Maybe I am wrong, but should random images that don''t belong to the OP be posted in a gallery instead? Or maybe the EyeCandy thread?

hey lamborghini,
yes I agree - in one of fogdancers'' other threads in SMTR I advised her of this, and suggested perhaps the jewelery forum may be a more suitable place?
Hopefully she understands
5.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 7:49:22 AM
Date: 6/6/2009 6:52:07 AM

Author: LamborghiniGirl

LS

no.

hey lamborghini,

yes I agree - in one of fogdancers'' other threads in SMTR I advised her of this, and suggested perhaps the jewelery forum may be a more suitable place?

Hopefully she understands
5.gif

Thritto.
20.gif

I thought this was "Show Me The RING", not "Show Me The Picture".....

2.gif

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies.
Sorry about my wrong post, SORRY!
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

when i post my intentions are just to show new ideas, new designs.
I''ve seen many different pieces posted in show me the ring, thanks anyway,
15.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 11:24:04 AM
Author: fogdancer
Thanks for the replies.
40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

I've seen many different pieces posted in show me the ring, thanks anyway,
15.gif
No worries fogdancer! Welcome here!!!

The reason why I asked, was that I wasn't fussed about that setting. I started to post it and then thought afterwards: what if it's her ring? Yikes! I think your original post was a bit confusing for me...first I thought you loved it, but the emotie looked kinda, hmmm. not quite sure!

So I edited my original comment out, which was that for me, there are too many design elements stuck together in the ring. I think there is a disparity in the design that doesn't do anything for me.

I'm glad you like it. Leon does beautiful work. Most of the time I love his design. This time, meh.....

LS

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 11:24:04 AM
Author: fogdancer
Thanks for the replies.

40.gif
40.gif
40.gif

I''ve seen many different pieces posted in show me the ring, thanks anyway,
15.gif

Fogdancer,
yes you''re right - people can post rings, pendants, bracelets, whatever they like here.
But as I explained before, it is really the reserved place for those pieces that people already own, ok?
There are many threads and places if you just wish to share photos/ideas - nobody''s saying that is wrong.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
that setting is gorgeous!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it is fine you post the ring you like in SMTR; I have seen it done before, no bigge.
5.gif
I think people were confused if it was your or not but you came and explained that. Welcome to Pricescope; glad you are here fogdancer!!!!
35.gif

SparklyLibra

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, looking back I can see how my comment might have come off as snarky.

I guess I was a little bit on the sharp side yesterday... (Maybe it''s best if I don''t post so soon after waking up). I was just a tad bit grouchy yesterday in the am...

Anyhoo, no hard feelings here from me Fogdancer, I guess I just got excited when I saw L.M in the thread title and was a little let down when I didn''t see that there were real live pics.
39.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see why it''s a big deal that she posted the ring here. Maybe more info re: it not being her ring would have made sense.

summertime

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 2:00:55 PM
Author: MC
I don''t see why it''s a big deal that she posted the ring here. Maybe more info re: it not being her ring would have made sense.
I don''t think it was a big deal either (always enjoy some eye candy!), I just think it would''ve been more appropriate if she had consolidated the five separate threads she made into one thread, and maybe mentioned these were a few of her favorite things that were on her wish list.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2009 2:51:15 PM
Author: summertime
Date: 6/7/2009 2:00:55 PM

Author: MC

I don''t think it was a big deal either (always enjoy some eye candy!), I just think it would''ve been more appropriate if she had consolidated the five separate threads she made into one thread, and maybe mentioned these were a few of her favorite things that were on her wish list.

Yes,
incase anyone thinks I was being rude to fogdancer - the only reason I said something was because there were 5 or 6 different threads simply with a photo and no other info - I was only trying to give the OP helpful advice, seeing as she is relatively new
1.gif

However, I still maintain that *I* would prefer to see jewellery that people actually own/plan to own in SMTR - there are plenty of spaces for the rest (ogling, admiring, dreaming etc) - jewellery forum for example.
Otherwise it just gets confusing. And just imho, of course!

annyywwayyy....

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 9:20:51 AM

However, I still maintain that *I* would prefer to see jewellery that people actually own/plan to own in SMTR - there are plenty of spaces for the rest (ogling, admiring, dreaming etc) - jewellery forum for example.
I agree. When something is in SMTR, I assume the pic the person is posting is a piece belonging to them or a close friend/relative. In this case, I couldn''t tell if it was the OP''s own ring or one she loved, as it turned out.

My fear is always of making a negative comment about a ring that someone is just asking for opinions on, versus "here''s my ring - how do you like it"!!! Of course, my ''filter'' for those posts is different than for the general pics of interesting things...

So it''s more a case of clarity than anything. To avoid stepping on toes, etc etc...
1.gif

LS

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2009 10:50:19 AM

I agree. When something is in SMTR, I assume the pic the person is posting is a piece belonging to them or a close friend/relative. In this case, I couldn''t tell if it was the OP''s own ring or one she loved, as it turned out.

My fear is always of making a negative comment about a ring that someone is just asking for opinions on, versus ''here''s my ring - how do you like it''!!! Of course, my ''filter'' for those posts is different than for the general pics of interesting things...

So it''s more a case of clarity than anything. To avoid stepping on toes, etc etc...
1.gif

LS

ditto this. always just feels very disconnected to me - like a random photo with no other info...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yes,
incase anyone thinks I was being rude to fogdancer - the only reason I said something was because there were 5 or 6 different threads simply with a photo and no other info - I was only trying to give the OP helpful advice, seeing as she is relatively new
1.gif
AJ - thanks for pointing this out. I didn''t notice (or check) until you mentioned Fogdancer is posting multiple threads with photos of jewelry that doesn''t belong to her. I could spend ALL day creating threads like that. (I could make it to 10K posts in a matter of 2 days
3.gif
) hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results