shape
carat
color
clarity

JB Star 2.01 D-SI2 with Paraiba Sidestones

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Backstory: My SO and I had been looking at stones for months. The poor guy had been dragged to countless of jewelry stores with me. I had been engaged previously, back in 2005-2006 and that's when I found PS. Things didn't work out but, my love of jewelry continued. When the time came to look at rings and diamonds, I took him to see many, many diamonds. The problem was, he liked rounds the best. I've also been told countless of times by jewelers that rounds keep the best value, etc. And, finally after dragging him to Harry Winston and trying on every single shape, I realized that I loved pears. He loved the shape on me as well, thankfully. I felt such a relief. I was very indifferent to the majority of shapes.

Then, there was the problem of a setting. I was so sure that I 1) didn't want a halo 2) wanted it to be like a work of art and 3) be very unique. I was very, very fortunate that I have known my local "jeweler" here for awhile. I use the term "jeweler" because he is a jeweler, but not a true retailer at all. In fact, the majority of his work comes from Van Cleef and Arpels, (he's the only authorized repair person on the West Coast) and Neiman Marcus, along with various other high end jewelry stores that either contract him or use him for repairs. As a testament to how amazing he is, I've seen him resize eternity bands that no other jeweler would touch. He also has a fabulous private collection of colored gems. I had always admired paraibas on PS but, had never seen one in real life. He very kindly showed me his paraiba collection along with some other very rare gems and I instantly fell in lust. Unfortunately, after discussing with my SO, he didn't like the idea of me having a colored stone at all. Sigh, I would have settled for a magnificent sapphire as well.

My jeweler made a few phone calls to various diamond dealers and alas, none of them had any well cut pears (I was looking for 2.5+ colorless). His final call he made on my behalf was to his contact at JB Star and he recommended no other than this 2 carat D-SI2. I wasn't sure about the setting at all in the online pictures, it looked so bulky and the paraibas looked very washed out. Well, it arrived and before it was even on my finger to try, I knew it was the one! Honestly, I've never seen another pear like this. Even the pears I tried on at Tiffany's, Cartier and HW had much bigger bowties than this and had less of a radiant appearance (yes, my 2nd choice of stone would have been a radiant, I'm not a classic girl at all hehe). Well, without further ado, here are the pictures that I have that will have to keep me company until he proposes...I hope he doesn't make me wait too long!

photo (4).JPG

photo (12).JPG

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Also, I was wearing hot pink the day I took these pics, so please forgive all the pink reflections. (although, I think they are pretty cool!)

photo (9).JPG

photo (10).JPG

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Love the basket detail and I forgot to mention that this ring is 950 plat.

photo (8).JPG

photo (7).JPG

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Last one...to say I'm obsessed only begins to cover how crazy I am over this ring. I realize that this ring isn't everyone's style but, for me, it's just perfect. :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

photo (13).JPG

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Crap!

That is jaw droppingly beautiful!

Congratulations on your imminent engagement and on a beautiful ring!

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you trekkie!! I hope I don't go too insane waiting for the ring. I feel like I'm Gollum and the ring is "my precious." :Up_to_something:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
gammygam|1328862117|3123033 said:
Thank you trekkie!! I hope I don't go too insane waiting for the ring. I feel like I'm Gollum and the ring is "my precious." :Up_to_something:

Hahaha! We all feel like that! Warning though: once you actually have the ring, it only gets worse!

Don't forget to come back with more pics as soon as you have it!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Wow! A more faboulous ring, there never has been. congratulations on your engagement and beautiful ring.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can so much beauty be gathered in one ring? Is this ring for real or is it a creation of my imagination? Oh, wait...even my most vivid imagination wouldn't be able to create such a gorgeous ring :love: :love: :love: Everything that i love in a ring, is there......Mmm...i think that i've run out of words....HUGE CONGRATS :appl: This is my all time favourite ring... :o

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Ring ring is beautiful!! :love: :love: I love how the paraibas reflect so much color off the pear! It's gorgeous! Congratulations!!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Beautiful ring!! You must feel like a princess!!! who is your jeweler? They really made you a work of art!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is so gorgeous and unique!!! Congratulations on your engagement!

heather2012

Shiny_Rock
gorgeus!! I am waiting for my 2 carat JB Star ring as well! and Trekkie is right, the waiting only just begins when the ring is purchased!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent!! I love J B Star's things.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie covered my thoughts. lol Except I used a more expletive laden phrase.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a wow! Gammygam, would you mind sharing the name of your fabulous jeweler. Jewelers with his abilities are in short supply on
the West Coast. VC is great but I am not sure about the repairs thing. It would be great to add another go to guy to our mental lists!

Can't wait to see more pics! I love JB Star as well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow!! Very nice!!! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowsers! That looks like something from a very high end catalog!!! I hope you don't have to wait long! Will you wear that stand alone or have you thought yet about a band?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
That is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! It is lovely!

gammygam

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone, I will write more later...work calls!

To those of you asking the name of my jeweler, his name is Robert Bogdan. Some of his designs are pretty out of this world, I wanted him to create a Van Craeynest style e-ring but, a bit more modern and then, I fell in love with the JB Star. I think he told me his first job in the US was working for Van Craeynest.

http://www.bogdandesigns.com/
http://www.bogdandesigns.com/story.htm (was pretty amazed watching this)

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is stunning!!! Congrats!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results