shape
carat
color
clarity

IT''S READY!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
My ring is ready!!! I''m surprised it''s finished so soon! I just got some pictures from GOG. It looks good but I can''t decide if the prongs are a little too bulky or not. Tell me what you guys think. Does it need to be shaved down?

newering2.jpeg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Looks GORGEOUS to me!!!
30.gif

More pics please!
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i''d say so, but that''s my preference to begin with.
very pretty!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
But from this angle, the prongs don''t seem bulky at all.

newring3-1.jpg

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I really like the shapes of the prongs now, they look like water droplets! If you got them shaved they would look more generic, so I would leave them the way they are. They really don''t look bulky at all from the top, and they look really unique from the sides!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks great! Turn your head and look at the first pic as if it was "standing up" - I think the curvature of the prongs is creating an optical illusion, as the tips are not bulky at all. I''d have GOG look at it for you and get some of their opinions of it, but really I think it is beautiful!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Please point out anything that you think looks off. I want to make sure it''s right before it ships out. I know it''s hard to tell with pictures and sometimes certain things looks so magnified in pictures but in person, are not noticeable at all. TIA for your help!

newering-1.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous!!! I'd say leave the prongs alone. I'd be afraid of messing with them. I know some disagree, but what if they shave down one more than another and then there's a little unevenness? It looks amazing as is!!!! When do you get it??

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it looks fabulous, as is. I agree with Demelza that it''s risky to shave down the prongs as they may end up uneven and then that''s all you will ever notice. I don''t think they''re too bulky at all. Can''t wait for the hand shots!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
It is perfect the way it is! I would not change a single thing.
30.gif
Well except to make it mine.
27.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I would leave the prongs alone. The prongs on my 1.5ct rb are similar to yours and I really like them.

I bet you can''t wait to get it! It''s a gorgeous ring!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone for your replies! Ecf8503, I will definitely have the GOG staff look at it and see what they think. Demelza, Curlygirl, I was thinking the exact same thing. I am concerned about making something minor into something much worse. I can be such a freak about the details, it''s sick. I even asked for the inside of the prongs to be polished like the outside. Has anyone else done this?

Demelza, I''ll probably get the ring sometime next week, like Wednesday. We just wired the money today and missed the cutoff time, being tomorrow is a holiday and GOG is closed on Monday. So 1 more long week! But I''m so happy I''ll be getting it time for my birthday!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 4:45:05 PM
Author: Matatora
It is perfect the way it is! I would not change a single thing.
30.gif
Well except to make it mine.
27.gif

This just made me laugh!
9.gif
That sneaky icon is perfect for that comment. Thanks Matatora! Your new necklace is awesome BTW.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks great the way it is. Happy early birthday!!! Can''t wait for the hand pics!!!
30.gif
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i can't wait till we get handshots for comparision!!! it's going to be fab!
28.gif

ETA: going to be- i mean IS fab!
28.gif
28.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Leave those prongs alone. They are perfect. That ring is gorgeous. Congrats on making a great choice.

shay

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the prongs are perfect. I love their shape, actually. BEAUTIFUL RING!!!!

Leila

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2005 5:39:35 PM
Author: jcrow
i can''t wait till we get handshots for comparision!!! it''s going to be fab!
28.gif

ETA: going to be- i mean IS fab!
28.gif
28.gif
Can''t wait!!! HA HA! My pricescope twin!

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
The prongs look fine!!

It is a gorgeous ring!
30.gif
Can''t wait for the hand pics
31.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely beautiful! When do you get it and what are the specs?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
It''s absolutely beautiful!
30.gif

I agree with the others...leave the prongs alone!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally don''t see anything wrong with the prongs - it is after all a magnified picture. I agree with others; if you start ''messing'' with something it usually ends up out of line.

I think the ring looks absolutely beautiful - I''m sure if they thought the prongs were gigantic they would tell you that. It wouldn''t behoove them to send out something knowing full well that it would probably be returned.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/10/2005 4:20:45 PM
Author:Leila
My ring is ready!!! I''m surprised it''s finished so soon! I just got some pictures from GOG. It looks good but I can''t decide if the prongs are a little too bulky or not. Tell me what you guys think. Does it need to be shaved down?
not for a 4 prong.looks beautiful.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks perfect the way it is. I cannot wait to see hand pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results