shape
carat
color
clarity

Introducing... "Big Blue"/ 10th Anniv upgrade, Pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
A couple months ago, I upgraded my wedding set to a diamond eternity band set; Pt 1 story & pics here

On Mother's Day, my sweet and sneaky husband surprised me with a diamond I had seen in early April at the local offices of Union Diamond. At the time, he had said "Nope, not ready to buy yet..." and I was convinced it would be months before the upgrade purchase would happen. We are in the final stages of a major home reno project (our house is a 1927 "money pit" but we love it) and I believed hubby when he told me there just wasn't any extra cash right now.

Anyways... he bought the diamond the very next day and listened to me drop hints and put up with my emails with links to other beautiful diamonds for a month! LOL I had absolutely NO idea, just as I never knew 11 years ago that he was going to propose either. Pretty cool.

A few words about Union Diamond: Tony (owner) & Jeff (GG) are both extremely easygoing, knowledgable, and *very* good at keeping a secret! They were both very quick to reply to emails or phone calls, and searched for very niice diamonds with MB/SB fluorescence. When we went in to look, Jeff had already run Sarins on the diamonds we were interested in and he had already plugged the numbers into the HCA. We thought this was great-- especially after dealing with the dirty looks when asking for certed stones and Sarins-- from our previous B&M dealer. He was very patient and took us outside to observe the stones in varying light conditions. We spent a long time there and never felt rushed. They are highly recommended in MNSHO!

So... my new beauty, affectionately called "Big Blue". Wow, I love medium blue fluorescence! I told hubby today that I never want another "inert" diamond. BB is a stepping stone to a final upgrade, in a few years (I told DH that a bigger diamond would be suitable for me once I hit my 40s... only 3 more years
31.gif
. The size difference b/t BB and my original stone (1.0ct) is huge to my eyes! And sooooo fiery. It's blinding in the sunshine. It does appear blueish-purplish in certain lighting, which I absolutely love. My two fave colors!

Thanks to all of you here for helping with my upgrades! What would I do without Pricescope?

Here are the specs:

1.81 RB
GIA cert
D/VS2/MB fluor
7.85 x 7.87 x 4.84mm
depth 61.7%, table 55%, crown 35.3%, pavil 40.8% (2.1 HCA)
VG/VG
Ring size 4

BBtpp1.JPG

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow, that stone is fabulous!! i''m really liking the blue fluor too... hmm, next diamond perhaps. CONGRATS and i hope you enjoy your new rings
1.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG!!!! Blue your that stone is AWESOME
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Wow, it makes you setting appear so delicate and that stone just ROCKS!! I truly love it. I too am a big fan of flour. an hope to have it in my someday in the hopefully near future upgraded stone
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that thing''s HUGE! How could you wear any bigger without a sling to hold your arm up?!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
since we wear the same size i went back to look at the proportions of the stone to your hand. i was thinking a 1.5 would be plenty big but seeing yours tells me i can definitely go up to your size..
6.gif
it looks so great on you...
36.gif
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yikes! My heart skipped a beat--it''s a beauty all right...Congrats!!

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how thin the bands look with the big honking stone and LOVE the blue look as well!!! Totally up my alley, I would love MB or SB fluor in my next stone!

Wear it well and in good health, congratulations, it''s beyond fabulous!!

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa!!!!! that is one amazing upgrade- it is huge & beautiful! what a great guy you have, giving you such a great suprise!

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2005 4:00:00 PM
Author: mrssalvo
since we wear the same size i went back to look at the proportions of the stone to your hand. i was thinking a 1.5 would be plenty big but seeing yours tells me i can definitely go up to your size..
6.gif
36.gif
36.gif
You can try it on the next time you''re down this way. Then you''ll know for sure.
9.gif

It''s plenty big... for now.
11.gif

bluedawg

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/12/2005 4:06:51 PM
Author: Mara
STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how thin the bands look with the big honking stone and LOVE the blue look as well!!! Totally up my alley, I would love MB or SB fluor in my next stone!

Wear it well and in good health, congratulations, it''s beyond fabulous!!
Thanks, Mara. The bigger size just kicks butt on the thin eternity band. I can only imagine how a 2.5+ would look. Someday, maybe I''ll get to find out!
31.gif

con17

Rough_Rock
Hey blue! Your ring is gorgeous!! How thick (mm) are your bands..did I miss that somewhere?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow your new ring is amazing, it looks lovely on your hand!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
All I can say besides AWESOME is:

MORE PICS!!!!
9.gif

I love it.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
It's absolutely gorgeous and looks HUGE!!! So beautiful and sparkly. I'm a huge fluorescence advocate. I think it looks great. What a wonderful surprise for you. Congratulations!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
bluedawg...

VERY NICE!!! Don''t go swimming with that thing!! You''ll sink right to the bottom!!
31.gif
(Not that you really would anyway
2.gif
)

Enjoy!!! It''s beautiful!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/12/2005 4:13:38 PM
Author: bluedawg
Date: 5/12/2005 4:00:00 PM

Author: mrssalvo

6.gif
36.gif
36.gif

You can try it on the next time you're down this way. Then you'll know for sure.
9.gif

It's plenty big... for now.
11.gif

Oh Yay!! we'll have to plan a mid west/south PS gathering
2.gif
I definitely want to see that baby in person
3.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I''ve been waiting to see your stone cuz I haven''t seen a D with medium blue fluorescence before! Just delish and so white and blue! It''s divine!

I love it on the thin band....YUM!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Yummy! Great fire, and I love the fluor!! Congratulations on a beautiful upgrade!!

More pics!!
30.gif

momothree

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!!! The set looks fantastic and HUGE on your hand!!!! And a very happy anniversary to you, too! I''m celebrating my 10th as well and can attest that its a landmark to be proud of, with or without wonderful new sparklies
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bluedawg
i just came back from lunch.what''s going on here?
6.gif
WOW!!! that''s a super sparkler
30.gif
10.gif
congrats, you lucky girl
36.gif
36.gif
just remember to tell hubby,with your size 4 ring,you can go up to a 3ct rb without breaking the rule.
2.gif

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations Blue!!!!! That ring is absolutely stunning on your teeny finger!!
37.gif

Now Blue, no standing too close to the edge of the pool this summer because with that big baby you will surely sink straight to the bottom, or at least make sure you have water-wings on! *tee hee*

36.gif

Your hubby deserves a big pat on the back for that one!
2.gif

Keep the gorgeous pics coming!
1.gif

35.gif

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results