shape
carat
color
clarity

if you had a 4.01ct...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guylian

Rough_Rock
Emerald cut White Sapphire, what would you do with it?
31.gif
I have had this loose gem for awhile now and would like to get a project going. You all have such fantastic ideas! Please share your thoughts!!

Here''s a couple shots of the beauty
30.gif
:

ws0.JPG

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... how elegant!

I''d really have to think about what to do with it.... it''s so austere. I do think I''d avoid any dimaonds near or around it as they might make it look "less than". That Paolo Costagli color blocky style comes to mind...

http://www.paolocostagli.com/

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Maybe just because it''s sitting that way in the box, but I think this beauty would look GORGEOUS if it were set east-west, maybe in a simple split shank? Hmmm, rose gold/pink pave could be really pretty to provide a little contrast?

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
omg, you guys need to stop. PS is so giving me sapphire fever!!!!! I want to buy sooo bad! That gem is gorgeous. Hurry up with this project so I can live vicariously through you lol.

Diamond Deb

Rough_Rock
Lovely stone. Didamond helped me when I reset my engagement ring. She has fabulous rings and ideas. Hopefully, she''ll have some ideas for you, too.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''d halo that sucker with the best quality cornflower blue sapphire baguettes I could find and make it into a show stopper of a pendant.

guylian

Rough_Rock
WOW! You ladies are quick and I absolutely love ALL your ideas!!
36.gif
36.gif

NIMAMA - your idea with Costalgi''s east west setting (minus side stones) would be beautiful
30.gif
!! I actually love that ring itself!! Lovely stuff he has!!

MRSSALVO - oooh my, that is one heck of a lovely setting
30.gif
! I am somewhat hesitant to place diamons around it, only because it is a sapphire.
7.gif
What about minus the side stones?

COATIMUNDI - the LM style you chose was the one I had in mind (minus the baguettes of course) - RIGHT ON!!
30.gif
something about that setting I always liked. Matter of fact, I was very close in picking that for my very own ering! My original ering had baguettes. This is one of my faves from LM!! I just received my 10yr anniversary present from my DH... and how bad is it that I already contemplated on picking this very setting for it...
9.gif
HA!

ELMORTON - you have to forgive me, but I am a rookie with this and I am embarrased to say I have never seen that style before.
15.gif
I feel dopey because although I have heard of it, I have never seen it in picture or in person (at least I don''t think I have).

MOONWATER - I knoooow what you mean!!! Goodness, I have had this gem for a loooong time (too long) and for some reason, I''ve decided just recently to play with it. I bought from an estate auction. I plan on passing it (and my original ering) down to my daughter. The funny part - I don''t EVEN have a daughter yet! LOL! And if I don''t have a daughter, then more jewels for me till the day I go! There is no such thing as having too many jewels I heard! LOL!

DIAMOND DEB - I''d love to see your reset! And tell Didamond to come on over and share her ideas as I would love to get her insight and ideas as well!! The more dieas the better!!

Thank you ALL for your great ideas and responses!! Keep the ideas flowing and yes, I am learning! I am such a rookie!
19.gif
and I am actually starting to get lost too!!

guylian

Rough_Rock
SURFGirl - what a LOVELY idea for a pendant
30.gif
!!!!! Though I have never seen (or heard) of cornflower blue sapphires before, I bet it would just be beautiful!! I would love to see what they look like!

Holy moley... I''m a sucker for sapphires. Go figure my original band was sapphires and diamonds!!

9.gif
Thanks for sharing your idea!! Any ideas perhaps for a RHR?

guylian

Rough_Rock
BEBE - I didn''t forget you
2.gif
. LOL! Not fussy at all, it''s just that I''d hate for the diamonds to "take away" from the simplicity and beauty of it. Unless I could potentially see if it could work...

AHHHH!!

H E L P!!

14.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/14/2008 10:09:56 PM
Author: guylian
BEBE - I didn''t forget you
2.gif
. LOL! Not fussy at all, it''s just that I''d hate for the diamonds to ''take away'' from the simplicity and beauty of it. Unless I could potentially see if it could work...

AHHHH!!

H E L P!!

14.gif
I agree but that setting she found is amazing! I am partial to those types though
12.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Hey Guylian! What about flanking it with blue, pink(padparadscha), or yellow emerald cut sapphires? A 3 stone that's completely sapphire.<a

This one is set east-west with trapezoids. Imagine it with your white in the middle and two small blue emerald cuts on the side.(don't know why this is underlined--not a link--link is below.)

http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=379

Here's another with trapezoids, but you could do it with emerald cuts on the sides. Or--maybe you could find trapezoid cut sapphires. I'd flank it with emerald cut padparadschas(but that's just me). Any color would look amazing in this setting!
http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=313

guylian

Rough_Rock

Coati - hands down...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
you have found the perfect setting for me!! Matter of fact, I am on a quest to set the white sapphire on the r985 setting!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

PS: Call me nuts, but I think I am also going to reset my larger diamond in the r904 setting!!!
31.gif

Now it''s just the matter of convincing my DH that this is will be a great investment...LOL!
11.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 9:00:10 PM
Author: guylian

Coati - hands down...

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
you have found the perfect setting for me!! Matter of fact, I am on a quest to set the white sapphire on the r985 setting!!!! Thank you thank you thank you!!!

PS: Call me nuts, but I think I am also going to reset my larger diamond in the r904 setting!!!
31.gif

Now it''s just the matter of convincing my DH that this is will be a great investment...LOL!
11.gif

YAY!
36.gif
36.gif

Can''t wait to see the finished rings!

Oh, and you''re not nuts at all!

31.gif
3.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Oh I totally agree on that setting that coati found. That is simply stunning. That stone will look breathtaking in it. Do it do it do it!! I can''t wait to see how it looks all finished up.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results