shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ 1.0ct 1/2 eternity WB; LOTS OF PICS!!!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
this is actually a temporary ring because the ring was made in WG instead of the platinum that i ordered. thankfully, IDJ sent me this ring as a "temporary" until they remake it in the platinum because i was dying to see it after the 2.5 week wait. i was told it will take another 3 weeks until they make the correct ring. i'm not sure if they're going to use the same diamonds in the platinum setting or if they are going to use new diamonds and resell this particular setting.

either way, i thought i would give a very detailed view of what it means to get "pricescope quality" diamonds from IDJ. of course, the first thing i did when it came in the mail was to put it through the ringer in the following order: 10x --> idealscope (from WF when i bought my earrings; thanks WF!!!) --> by the window --> next to white paper --> under blacklight --> in normal lighting conditions.

i'm really happy with how it looks and with the quality of the diamonds. i couldn't get any good pics of them under the 10x but figured that using the macro on my camera would suffice. the pics are the greatest but i think they give a pretty good representation of the diamond quality.

my requests were as follows:
- set it as low as possible
- eye clean
- pinch the prongs closer together to give a scalloped look
- fill in the prongs on the end with metal (i gave pictures to show what i meant for this one)
- taper/finish the bottom metal to match the VRC

ering specs: 1.78 J VS2 GOG AVR in platinium Vatche Royal Crown (VRC) setting (in dire need of polishing!!)

wband specs: 1.04ctw F-G SI ID Jewelry WG; 10 stones 1/2 eternity

and now.....LOTS AND LOTS OF PICS....here we go.....

diamond_3.jpg

diamond_4.jpg

diamond_5.jpg

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
taking pics of color was REALLY HARD. these are the best shots i could get. i'm not very color sensitive so that made it worse, haha.

color1.jpg

color2.jpg

color3.jpg

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
two seem to have very strong fluoro and one what i think seems to be medium fluoro.

fluoro1.jpg

fluoro2.jpg

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
i am considering either stacking my set with a 2-2.5mm band or a spacer. maybe i will have both :) either way, this stacking picture is taken with another (empty) platinum solitaire that my AVC used to be set in. i turned it upside down so i could see what it would look like. the empty upside down solitaire is 2mm.

sideview4.jpg

stacker1.jpg

stacker2.jpg

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
i definitely need to get my ering polished before the wedding!!

together4avr.jpg

_111.jpg

bottom1.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the complete set! The fluoro shots are really neat, too!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pics! Sorry you got sent the wrong one, but if this is any indication of what your band will be like, it is stunning!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks fantastic and I love the fluoro shots! Super cool! No worries - IDJ will get it right for youm :praise:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgot- I looks kind of like mine. You have excellent taste :lol:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
holy cow! I love that fluoro shot! So are they going to take the same diamonds and reset them in the plat setting? Or are they just remaking the whole thing?

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It looks beautiful! A great pair with your stunning solitaire.

Thank you so much for sharing all this information. Fascinating. For those of you with more experience, how do IDJ's stones compare to WF ACA or BGD melee?

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous set! Congratulations! :love:

KatSullivan

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous! Your set is beautiful!

Would you mind sharing some profile pictures? I am actually interested in a similar band from IDJ (half eternity but probably with 8pters) and I would love to see the profile! Especially what IDJ's idea of "set as low as possible" means. Thanks:)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love this with your e-ring!

PA-C

Shiny_Rock
so I randomly fell off the face of the planet for a while after switching the course of my career and taking a new position at a new hospital in internal medicine (i was doing neurosurgery/neurology)....needless to say all that combined with wedding planning has taken a toll on my pricescope time :(

either way, i wanted to thank everyone so much for all the wonderful comments!!

also, i STILL do not have the completed ring. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: and honestly, after i received the "temporary" white gold setting, the communication from IDJ has been absolutely horrible (IMO). i honestly have felt like i've had to keep reminding them that i'm still waiting for it. mind you that the original mistake was made and noted in a June 12th email (after waiting about 2.5 weeks for completion) and i was subsequently told that it would take approximately another 3 weeks for completion of the platinum ring because of the july 4th holiday. i then waited....and waited and finally emailed to check on the status. i felt like i was reminding them that it still needed to be made at that point. finally on july 27th i was told i could send back the WG version to exchange for the platinum version. it was sent back on july 30th after i was finally given the shipping label. and i'm still waiting. so at this point i'm wondering if they hadn't even made the platinum version while i'd been waiting that entire time. i was told "When the platinum ring is finished I will send you a return label " to send back to WG ring meaning that the platinum version would be DONE when the WG was sent back." obviously this was not the case because why else would it take so long to complete and send me the platinum version? i was told it should be ready by the end of this week so we'll see.

please don't get the wrong idea by my explanation of all of this that i am saying anything about the quality of work from IDJ; i just merely wanted to voice my opinion about the way communication suddenly took a 180 degree turn after the original mistake was made. i felt like i had to keep reminding and initiating communication when prior to that happening i felt like i got immediate responses. i mean, at one point i even had to call them because i got no response to an email i had sent inquiring about the status since it had been taking so many weeks. overall i have been waiting since about the end of may and i can't help but feel that they were sort-of ticked that i didn't want to accept the WG version (since they had offered a discount on it). thankfully my wedding date isn't until september but, had it been sooner, i would be quite peeved!! i'm just hoping i love the final product because otherwise i don't have time to go through this again! argh!

one last point is that i did request they change the way the metal on the end diamonds was shaped since it scratched the HECK out of my fingers (it created a really sharp edge for some reason) and it was actually seriously painful and would leave very red/scratched areas in between my fingers. i spun the ring around so that i had just diamonds in between my fingers just to make sure it wasn't the diamonds/prongs causing the pain and it definitely wasn't - it was the metal edge on the end. hopefully that will be fixed and i will be a super happy camper when i get the final product. i'm sure it will be worth the wait....

obviously i'll post pictures when it comes in....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results